Wiki Posts
Search

Married segments

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2017, 8:24 am
Original Poster

Married segments

Sometimes TK can be flexible.

I have a ticket flying from A to B via IST, booked in K class, so in theory changeable. I wanted to change the first segment, A to IST, to an earlier flight: plenty of availability in K. My travel agent failed to do it because the two segments were married, and the IST to B segment had no availability.

I claimed that this made no sense, as I didn't want to change the second segment. The TA suggested that I call TK, which I did. TK local office gave me the same answer. I insisted and asked that they contact the Istanbul head office (and mention that I was Elite). They did, and within a couple of hours the two segments were divorced and I could change the first one.

Kudos to TK, and the lesson to learn is that it's sometimes worthwhile to insist and contact the head office.

Shuly

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.