Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TSA Precheck from LAX

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2017, 1:33 pm
Original Poster

TSA Precheck from LAX

I am departing from LAX to IST next month and I see Turkish was recently added to the list of airlines participating in TSA Precheck. However, I see this on their website:

https://p.turkishairlines.com/en-us/...ase/index.html

If you're a TSA Precheck®, Global Entry, NEXUS or SENTRI member, you can obtain a TSA Precheck® boarding pass at the airports listed below by entering your unique passenger number at the counters or kiosks.

Boston (BOS)
Dallas (DFW)
Houston (IAH)
New York (JFK)
Orlando (MCO)
San Francisco (SFO)
Seattle (SEA)
Chicago (ORD)
Washington (IAD)

What happens if I am departing from LAX? Is TSA Precheck not available at the other airports? LAX seems like a major omission. What is going on here?
Old Jul 7, 2017, 2:42 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Whar did TK say when you called?

Doubt this is correct, but that's what a call will answer for you.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 3:22 pm

Programs: TK M&S, LH MM, Global Entry, Hertz Gold, Sixt Platinum
I flew LH out of LAX TBIT this week. That flight is only a couple of hours before TK10.

got TSA pre on my boarding card and was surprised to find a dedicated pre check line after walking up the southern stairs. Screener said they were testing it and it was temporary, so I don't know how long this will last or if it will stick at all.

If you get to TBIT security and it's a total zoo without pre, you still have the option to walk over to T4, take the TSApre line if that is shown on your boarding pass and walk back to TBIT using the connector.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 5:49 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

PreCheck is Precheck. It's available wherever PreCheck is offered and sometimes available at other airports as "Precheck Light."

Enter your KTN when you get to LAX and I bet you'll be pleasantly surprised when you print your boarding pass.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 5:56 pm

Programs: UA *G MM
Unless things changed lately and haven't had a late flight for a long time but IAD, for example, closes (or closed) its Precheck lines at 21:00 with the daily TK flight at 23:00. Maybe they are now keeping it open longer.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 9:07 pm

Programs: TK M&S, LH MM, Global Entry, Hertz Gold, Sixt Platinum
Checked in for my TK flight from LAX TBIT today and tried to get the agent to enter my KTN, but he wouldn't and said "just show the card to TSA"

which is BS, pre designation must be on BP

Ultimately didn't matter, as there was no Precheck line available and line was short. TSA guy said they have precheck available on and off at TBIT, but there's no clear pattern to it at this point.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.