Wiki Posts
Search

One way upgrade to business

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2017, 9:58 am
Original Poster

One way upgrade to business

Experts,
I am planning to upgrade my one way NRT-IST-SFO ticket to business with M&S miles. Will I be paying miles for upgrading NRT-SFO? Or will I have to pay
for miles twice for NRT-IST plus IST-SFO? I know I should call to ask, but I am afraid that the CS may not know and ask me to pay more miles than needed.
Thus, it seems to me better consault people have experience with such upgrade here first.

thanks for the advise
Old May 27, 2017, 2:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
http://www.turkishairlines.com/en-in...-upgrade-table

Should be 67.5K for a Far East to North America upgrade. Pretty good deal...
Old May 27, 2017, 2:52 pm
Original Poster

Thank, Craig. But, it also says "Miles are available for the direct flights with Turkish Airlines in the same origin". I wanted to see if there is anybody who has already done this and has the answer.
Old May 28, 2017, 1:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Unfortunately, few of us can understand TK's own particular version of English.

I do know that upgrades apply to both flights on a LHR-IST-NRT - i.e. you don't need to pay separate amounts of miles for each flight upgraded - so I don't really see why it would be any different for a NRT-IST-SFO, as long as you aren't doing a stopover in IST.
Old May 28, 2017, 3:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by hanahiro
Experts,
I am planning to upgrade my one way NRT-IST-SFO ticket to business with M&S miles. Will I be paying miles for upgrading NRT-SFO? Or will I have to pay
for miles twice for NRT-IST plus IST-SFO? I know I should call to ask, but I am afraid that the CS may not know and ask me to pay more miles than needed.
Thus, it seems to me better consault people have experience with such upgrade here first.

thanks for the advise
upgrades are charged at the same mileage rate as straightforward business-class redemptions. So you might try a dummy redemption booking on the website. If it allows you to fly NRT SFO "the wrong way" then the upgrade system likely follows the same logic.
Old May 28, 2017, 7:17 pm
Original Poster

Thank you gentlemen. Your analysis is logical. I tried a dummy award ticket booking, and it does let me fly "the wrong way" =). It's 67500 miles. If I do end up upgrading it, I will report back here.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.