Search

TK IST Lounge Busy Early AM??

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2017, 12:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Gold, Priority Pass
TK IST Lounge Busy Early AM??

Hi
How busy is the lounge going to be around 6-9.30am on a Monday morning? I enjoyed my time in it last Saturday until 11pm when it got so busy the internet crashed!

Thanks
Old Mar 19, 2017, 1:28 pm

Programs: FB Plat, IHG RA Spire, TK Elite+, HH Diamond, LH SEN, Marriott Titanium
Uber busy!
Old Mar 19, 2017, 1:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Gold, Priority Pass
The joys! Anyway I'll give it a go and hopefully get something for breakfast
Old Mar 19, 2017, 6:28 pm

Programs: TK M&S, LH MM, Global Entry, Hertz Gold, Sixt Platinum
Late last month: I got in around 0600 and it wasn't crazy. It did get much busier in the next two hours.
Old Mar 19, 2017, 8:26 pm

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
Depending on what you need, if visa isn't an issue I recommend arrival lounge in front of Starbucks in the arrival hall.

4 showers almost always open. If you have time they do laundry as well, the only limitation is food (only hot food option is the breakfast omelette).
Old Mar 20, 2017, 11:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Let me share my experience from Tuesday 28 Feb, entering the TK lounge at 7AM and leaving around 8:30.

The lounge was very busy when I arrived. Difficult to find a seat for eating breakfast (upstairs) - allmost all other sears were taken. Downstairs was better, but still busy. Around 8AM it became less busy and much fewer people downstairs. I believe many pax had left for the many European departures between 7:30AM and 8:30AM.

I inquired about a shower but queue was > 1hour. Gave up on that.
Old Mar 21, 2017, 12:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

On a Saturday morning this month, arriving 6a the lounge was moderately busy. Inquiring at 6:30a, had a half hour wait for the shower. By 7a it was quite busy. By 8a it was back to moderately busy.
Old Apr 2, 2017, 3:00 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
lounge less busy following electronics ban?

Back again in a couple of weeks, and wondering if the morning rush is any quieter (specifically for showers) following the US/UK electronics ban. Thinking that it's mostly connectors who are looking for showers, are significant numbers moving their connection points away from IST?
Old Apr 3, 2017, 6:46 pm

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
I think you are overestimating both the % of pax in that lounge going to destinations in the US and UK, and the % of these altering their plans.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 1:53 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
Originally Posted by airoli
I think you are overestimating both the % of pax in that lounge going to destinations in the US and UK, and the % of these altering their plans.
Possibly. 'Clutching at straws', would be the appropriate English expression, I guess. Oh well, I'll find out next week.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 5:05 am

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
I have noticed absolutely no difference in the number of lounge patrons over the past week, passing thru twice. I had to line up for manti as usual and the kofte was all gone as usual.

One of the best aspects of the TK lounge is the self-scan entry. I only wish that AC would implement it busy locations. ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.