Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Ticket on departure"

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2017, 9:19 am
Original Poster

"Ticket on departure"

I have an award ticket issued by United that includes segments on Turkish Airlines. When I look at TK online booking information (looked up by PNR) - I see all the flights, as well as UA ticket number down below.

However, above the flight list I see "Ticket On Departure" - something I have not seen in ages. Is it meaningful? Will I need to obtain TOD on paper? Any advice would be appreciated.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 10:53 am

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Show up a bit early, since the TK ticketing agent may need to do some typing in the computer. It's probably an issue with the communication between UA and TK's systems. As long as the reservation is showing HK in TK's system and the ticket is issued for the correct flights, shouldn't be a problem.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 12:19 pm
Original Poster

I am checking in with another carrier (Thai) before TK segments. Worth calling to fix?
Old Mar 14, 2017, 12:30 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA OWE
Question united award ticket on TK

Similarly, I cannot change seats or check in online for award ticket with United miles with flights al on TK.

Is there anyway around this issue as I am less than 24 hours from flight? Shouldnt the ticket be in TK's control?

Also, is there a way to add my other FFP to the reservation as I have *G?

This has not been an issue with united award tickets booked on Lufthansa. Thanks!
Old Mar 14, 2017, 12:56 pm

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
I never had any problem checking in for TK flights with tickets issued by another carrier (UA in your case).

Go on THY.com, select check-in, identify yourself with name and ticket number (starting with 016), and you should be good to go unless you are departing from an airport where e-check in is not possible in general.

Like most airlines, TK will not let you add another FFP number to a reward ticket.
Old Mar 14, 2017, 9:19 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by airoli
Like most airlines, TK will not let you add another FFP number to a reward ticket.
Firet time I've run into this as several *A and OW carriers I use allow this (obviously no mileage accrual).

Thanks for the tip about ticket number, I will try that.
Old Mar 16, 2017, 6:35 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by airoli

Just to offer up data. Indeed I eventually (with the old website, there is a new one in the US) was easily able to enter in my FFP so it would show *G. I had them confirm this at the airport (obviously again, no mileage earning since it was an award ticket from another *A carrier where I do not have status).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.