Wiki Posts
Search

Delay compensation surprise

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2017, 2:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA; SQ; Hyatt; Hilton
Delay compensation surprise

I recently flew on connecting long haul flights with TK from an African airport to LHR, resulting in a five hour overall delay to arrival. I wrote off for 600 EUR compensation, under the Turkish Passenger Rights Regulation, expecting a fight. Surprisingly, I received a positive response, but I am struggling to work out how I take advantage of the cash option. I live in the U.K. Any help, much appreciated e.g. what are an MCO and EMD?

"Amount : EUR 600
MCO has been issued on January 19th, 2017.

In relation with this; the conditions of the MCO is as follows:

-The amount on the MCO can be refunded within 1 year from the issue date, through [email protected] by sending your EMD number, ID and bank account details.

-In the course of exchange procedure while refunding, differences might occur due to exchange rate disparity.

-According to your prefer, you may use the MCO in Turkish Airlines' flights within one year from the issue date.

-MCO is valid only on Turkish Airlines' flights.

-It is non-transferable to another person and any name change is not permitted.

-The validity of the MCO is one year from the date of issue"
Old Jan 20, 2017, 4:08 am

Turkish has their own regulations, apart from the EU. Pretty similar to EU with little nuances here and there. If your flight is from an African country, i am assuming that you have received your compensation according to Turkish regulations.

To answer your question, EMD stands for Electronic Miscellaneous Document. You may either send an email to their UK team with your EMD number, id and account details or you may visit their city offices to receive the compensation in cash.
Old Jan 20, 2017, 4:12 am

Why do you struggle if it clearly say you can contact their UK customer support with your ID and bank details and they will refund the money to it?

They should have obviously provided you with an EMD (Electronic Miscellaneous Document) number for the MCO (Miscellaneous Charges Order) they have created
Old Jan 20, 2017, 4:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA; SQ; Hyatt; Hilton
OK - thanks. I thought the EMD was some sort of Turkish bank reference, but if is just the compensation voucher reference then great.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.