Search

Status expired lounge access with card

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2017, 3:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: CX,A3, TK, AZ,KQ
Status expired lounge access with card

Hi guys,

My gold status expired two days ago but my Elite card shows the validity till the end of January 2017.

I have a coming flight with a Star alliance company (would be LH, TG or TK) in the coming days (before the end of month), I was wondering if I could have access to the Star Alliance lounge showing just my card...

Anyone experienced this?

Thanks
Old Jan 11, 2017, 4:14 am

If your boarding pass doesn't show you as Star Gold I doubt the machines at the door will let you in. You can try to talk to the agents but they most likely will need to verify your status online. You can ask someone to take you in though, I have myself taken in several people before.
Old Jan 11, 2017, 1:56 pm

Programs: AY Platinum; TK Elite+; MR Titanium; HH Diamond
Had the same situation due to their silly status match failure not updating my account.
Entered the aircanada lounge in Frankfurt without any issue, they even swiped the card through and it showed a green light.
Old Jan 11, 2017, 4:56 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by deleter
Had the same situation due to their silly status match failure not updating my account.
Entered the aircanada lounge in Frankfurt without any issue, they even swiped the card through and it showed a green light.
Ah ok ...that's a good news
Old Jan 11, 2017, 4:57 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by leftyboarder
If your boarding pass doesn't show you as Star Gold I doubt the machines at the door will let you in. You can try to talk to the agents but they most likely will need to verify your status online. You can ask someone to take you in though, I have myself taken in several people before.
Thanks, in case I can't get access... I will try to ask someone to let me in. :P
Old Jan 13, 2017, 5:16 pm
Original Poster

I have booked the flight with TG with a connection in BKK, do you guys think should be allright if I don't credit any miles on my boarding pass and I just go to the TG lounge (I have 4 hours stopover) showing my TK card which shows 1/17 has expire date?

My Elite status is officially expired on the 10th of Jan but my card shows 1/17.

Thanks
Old Jan 14, 2017, 1:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
My guess is that you will be allowed to enter the TG lounge. If questioned, point out -literally pointing to your card - that you are gold until end January.

Good luck - and please report back with your first hand experience.
Old Jan 14, 2017, 7:18 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SK AAR
My guess is that you will be allowed to enter the TG lounge. If questioned, point out -literally pointing to your card - that you are gold until end January.

Hope yes! I will keep you guys updated!
Old Jan 22, 2017, 9:09 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SK AAR

No problems at all to get access to the lounge in Bkk! I have just shown the card and it's all right ! I'm actually enjoying a quick glass of red at the Eva Air lounge which is not bad , very quite lounge.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 11:51 am

Programs: LH: SEN**; AF: Blue; TK: Elite, EK, AB
Originally Posted by deleter
Hey did you have any luck by now getting your status back after the match has expired?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.