Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 4, 2017, 11:12 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Jaenks
Update January 2020:

According to statusmatcher.com TK will only issue the the status match challenge to those holders of the following status:

Oneworld Emerald
Finnair Plus Gold (Oneworld Sapphire)
Skyteam Elite Plus
Emirates Gold/Platinum
Etihad Gold
Oman Air Gold

Other Gold Card holders including *G are out of luck.

Please report your experience in this thread and note the useful information in the Wiki below.

It appears that status matches are only granted once per lifetime, so think carefully before requesting if you might not re-qualify.

4/7/2015
Adding this Step-by-Step guide with screenshots to TK Status Match
http://dcta.boardingarea.com/2015/02...-status-match/

26/7/2015 - Jerry
TK asks for Elite card scan AND Account activity within last 2 months, so it's best if you have some activities!!
Timeline can range from few hours to few days, be patient!

02/11/2015 - flolee
It looks like TK might also ask you for a scan of your Passport now. So if you are in a hurry better submit it right away in the first place with all the other documents.

Date Requested
Current Airline and Status (note list of matchable status above)
Information submitted (i.e. physical card scan, activity statement, etc)
Any replies received other than confirmation
Date Confirmation Received

03/01/2016 - zap7
Multiple reports from December 16th 2015 onwards state that TK now only grants a match to 4 months "elite trial", requiring 1 international TK flight during the 4 months following the match to extend it to one year and 15000 k TK status miles during that year to extend elite status to 2 years:
Welcome Miles&Smiles Turkish Airlines' advantageous Frequent Flyer Programme. Elite card trial period will be valid for 4 months. As of start date of elite membership within 4 months trial period one international Turkish Airlines flight should be realised for extending your card validity date to 1 year, if 15.000 status miles accumulate at the end of the first year elite membership will extend 1 year more and the total validity date will be 2 years.
04/11/2017 - CoweyB. TK has clarified that once a status match is given any miles collected during the first year of the match do not count for renewal - despite the email suggesting that 25,000 miles collected in the first year will secure renewal. TK has said that it is necessary to collect 37,500 in the second year to maintain Elite status for a further two years once the period of the status match ends.
Print Wikipost

TK status match (2017 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2017, 4:21 am

Originally Posted by Goodkc
Quote by aviatore

Excuse me, in other words...

After my downgrade:

My Account -> Status miles 0
However, Card Upgrade -> Status miles earned in last 12 months 22.000
As of 27.12.2016 miles are required to be ugraded to Elite. -> 18.000

Just wondering if you can buy status miles once you were downgraded to classic plus.
For example if you have 30.000 status miles after the challenge ( less than 15.000 status miles form TK )can we buy 10.000 if we were to down grade to classic plus card.
no, because it is the first year of classic plus. You can buy status miles in the second year only.
Old Jan 28, 2017, 9:07 am

This is on their webpage

Self-Service Kiosks Your Membership Card can be used when you check in at the Self-Service Kiosks found in a number of airports within Turkey, helping to speed up the check-in process and get you through the airport quicker.
  • Upgrade Your Card Status

Classic card holders can purchase up to 5.000 status miles, Classic Plus, Elite, Elite Plus card holders can purchase up to 10.000 status miles to upgrade their card status within one year.
    • Purchased status miles do not count as total miles.
    • Purchased status miles and fee for purchased status miles are non-refundable.
    • Miles cost 70 Dolar (include tax) per 1.000 miles within the satus miles purchasing prosedure.
    • Miles are available in increments of 1.000.
    • Process cannot be evaulated even if ticket was issued. Flight must be completed and registered to the member’s account for the mileage calculation.
    • Purchased Status Miles are subject to the terms and conditions of the Miles&Smiles Program.
    • Purchased status miles through web site post immediately to the member’s account.
    • SMS and e-mail messages send to our member after posted status miles to the member account.
  • Once you have collected enough miles you can redeem them for award tickets, companion or upgrades either for yourself or for your beloved ones.
Old Jan 29, 2017, 12:57 am

Anyone got a successful additional 2 year extenstion for collecting 25k miles within first year of elite,
after finishng the 15k promo extension?
Old Jan 29, 2017, 12:25 pm

Programs: A3*S TK*G Starbucks Gold
How to protect status?

I qualified in 2/2015 and am approaching the end of my status — I am at 32.5k status miles and I need 37.5k to keep my status, according to the email I received. I tried to buy the status miles online to "protect my status" but the website is not allowing it. Anything I can try?
Old Jan 30, 2017, 11:56 am

Programs: UA MileagePlus (1P)
Originally Posted by freetgy
Anyone got a successful additional 2 year extenstion for collecting 25k miles within first year of elite,
after finishng the 15k promo extension?
I don't think it's possible. All elite miles are not counted as 1st-yr re-qualify miles in my mileage statement.
I just finished 4-month trail and in the later 8-month period. I just realize I may not able to get my 2nd year TK Elite. That's sad.
Old Jan 31, 2017, 2:50 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, AS MVP
Originally Posted by cchuang1980
I don't think it's possible. All elite miles are not counted as 1st-yr re-qualify miles in my mileage statement.
I just finished 4-month trail and in the later 8-month period. I just realize I may not able to get my 2nd year TK Elite. That's sad.
Contact TK on Twitter, send them a direct message.
Old Jan 31, 2017, 2:51 pm

Quick question, is there a soft landing if you don't fly the 15k miles on TK?
Old Feb 1, 2017, 3:01 am

Programs: AF FlyingBlue Gold and AZ FrecciaAlata for ST, O6 Amigo for *A. Formerly AB Gold and TK Elite
Originally Posted by DavidKN
My four months trial period ended on 7 Jan 2017, in which I made 4 segments of international TK flights in J class in Dec 2016 (ICN-IST-TXL) However, the expiry date did not update by now
In my case, Elite status downgraded after 1st year. Terms of renewal was fulfilled of course. I even have TK answer dated December - 15000 miles well collected, status will be renewed after end date of 1st year. Reality is different: there is status renewal record in the statement, dated by 30/12/2016, next day record "card downgraded". TK supports quote to me old rules for renewal (flight in 4 months and 15000 status miles in 1st year, correct) and state terms are not fulfilled What goes wrong on TK side? If their support seeing same rules and saw same miles, then their version of start/end dates of trial period should be wrong? Or may be they decide to silently cancel renewals for 2nd year (there is couple of similar downgrades reported in old thread, also some on other FFP forums)
Old Feb 1, 2017, 3:17 am

Originally Posted by Plastipups
In my case, Elite status downgraded after 1st year. Terms of renewal was fulfilled of course. I even have TK answer dated December - 15000 miles well collected, status will be renewed after end date of 1st year. Reality is different: there is status renewal record in the statement, dated by 30/12/2016, next day record "card downgraded". TK supports quote to me old rules for renewal (flight in 4 months and 15000 status miles in 1st year, correct) and state terms are not fulfilled What goes wrong on TK side? If their support seeing same rules and saw same miles, then their version of start/end dates of trial period should be wrong? Or may be they decide to silently cancel renewals for 2nd year (there is couple of similar downgrades reported in old thread, also some on other FFP forums)

Contact TK on twitter via a direct message, I do it all the time. Response time is pretty fast.
Old Feb 1, 2017, 4:04 am

Originally Posted by Granite64
Contact TK on twitter via a direct message, I do it all the time. Response time is pretty fast.
they just create a ticket and than you can wait +10 days to get a reply...
Old Feb 1, 2017, 9:43 am

Programs: BAEC Silver,, Oman Air Gold
Well here's an update on my situation.

I got the status match did the four months reminded them to extend me for a year - and despite now having 36,928 status miles (nearly all on TK flights) I got downgraded to Classic Plus.

I sought help from the twitter folk who assured me it was being looked into but nearly a month later nothing has happened.

I'm tempted just to accept they are not going to honour their promise and to buy 4,000 status miles as I'm in my second year. That would get me to 40,000 status miles which the website says would get me Elite again but I don't know how long that would extend my card for - does anyone know?
Old Feb 1, 2017, 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by Plastipups
After filing a complaint on the feedback form, no feedback for 7 working days, I called them. They assured me that they will escalate it to the headquarter and I should hear within one day.
After 1 day no news, so I call again and explain my situation. The lady was friendly and agreed with me that I should not have been downgraded, but she has no power to do anything, so she will escalate my case with highest priority.
No news for another 2 days, so I call back. Same story. That was 2 days ago, no news yet... not sure what to make of this...
Old Feb 1, 2017, 1:56 pm

Originally Posted by gizmoo
After filing a complaint on the feedback form, no feedback for 7 working days, I called them. They assured me that they will escalate it to the headquarter and I should hear within one day.
After 1 day no news, so I call again and explain my situation. The lady was friendly and agreed with me that I should not have been downgraded, but she has no power to do anything, so she will escalate my case with highest priority.
No news for another 2 days, so I call back. Same story. That was 2 days ago, no news yet... not sure what to make of this...
I suggest to keep complaining and bugging them. This is not acceptable and they might have realised it. The more complaints they get, the sooner they will hopefully feel the pressure to fix it.
Old Feb 2, 2017, 5:05 pm

Status Matching from tk gold

Hi Everyone,

Currently TK gold, wasn't sure if this was the correct thread so please let me know if I have posted in the wrong forum.
Does anybody know of any successful status matches from tk to another program?
I cant do the AB one as I do not live in the countries listed and cannot match to LATAM as i have not flown with them before. Any further information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanking you all kindly in advance
Old Feb 3, 2017, 8:41 am

Programs: AF FlyingBlue Gold and AZ FrecciaAlata for ST, O6 Amigo for *A. Formerly AB Gold and TK Elite
Originally Posted by Granite64
of course I contacted TK. And after 2 weeks without answer I called (to Turkey office), some lady sounds really sad when she saw my ticket have no response for 2 weeks, And she promised to push my issue to managerial level. Few days later I've got answer, which is "As of start date of elite membership; within 4 months trial period, one international Turkish Airlines flight should be credited for extending your card validity date to 1 year. Also; if 15.000 status miles collected from Turkish Airlines flights at the end of the first year, the elite membership will be extended 1 more year and the total validity date will be 2 years. When we checked your membership account we confirmed that the above mentioned criteria has not been fulfilled."

Terms of status challenge in original e-mail welcoming to Elite program does not contain this part "from Turkish Airlines flights"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.