Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 4, 2017, 11:12 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Jaenks
Update January 2020:

According to statusmatcher.com TK will only issue the the status match challenge to those holders of the following status:

Oneworld Emerald
Finnair Plus Gold (Oneworld Sapphire)
Skyteam Elite Plus
Emirates Gold/Platinum
Etihad Gold
Oman Air Gold

Other Gold Card holders including *G are out of luck.

Please report your experience in this thread and note the useful information in the Wiki below.

It appears that status matches are only granted once per lifetime, so think carefully before requesting if you might not re-qualify.

4/7/2015
Adding this Step-by-Step guide with screenshots to TK Status Match
http://dcta.boardingarea.com/2015/02...-status-match/

26/7/2015 - Jerry
TK asks for Elite card scan AND Account activity within last 2 months, so it's best if you have some activities!!
Timeline can range from few hours to few days, be patient!

02/11/2015 - flolee
It looks like TK might also ask you for a scan of your Passport now. So if you are in a hurry better submit it right away in the first place with all the other documents.

Date Requested
Current Airline and Status (note list of matchable status above)
Information submitted (i.e. physical card scan, activity statement, etc)
Any replies received other than confirmation
Date Confirmation Received

03/01/2016 - zap7
Multiple reports from December 16th 2015 onwards state that TK now only grants a match to 4 months "elite trial", requiring 1 international TK flight during the 4 months following the match to extend it to one year and 15000 k TK status miles during that year to extend elite status to 2 years:
Welcome Miles&Smiles Turkish Airlines' advantageous Frequent Flyer Programme. Elite card trial period will be valid for 4 months. As of start date of elite membership within 4 months trial period one international Turkish Airlines flight should be realised for extending your card validity date to 1 year, if 15.000 status miles accumulate at the end of the first year elite membership will extend 1 year more and the total validity date will be 2 years.
04/11/2017 - CoweyB. TK has clarified that once a status match is given any miles collected during the first year of the match do not count for renewal - despite the email suggesting that 25,000 miles collected in the first year will secure renewal. TK has said that it is necessary to collect 37,500 in the second year to maintain Elite status for a further two years once the period of the status match ends.
Print Wikipost

TK status match (2017 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2017, 5:58 am

Programs: LH: SEN**; AF: Blue; TK: Elite, EK, AB
Originally Posted by daruda
I also got downgraded to Classic plus.
Although I reached the 15K status miles necessary to extend one year.
did you at all follow up on this with TK??
I feel like everyone is accepting this now that they do not honor they match challenge
Old Jan 24, 2017, 6:10 am

Originally Posted by daruda
I also got downgraded to Classic plus.
Although I reached the 15K status miles necessary to extend one year.
15k *A or on TK?
Old Jan 24, 2017, 8:20 am

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by tomwro
I understand that if I have now 19,000 status miles, but only 7,000 of TK, the rest from other *A airlines, this is my trial period at 12 months will not be extended?

"Elite card trial period will be valid for 4 months. As of the start date of elite membership within 4 months trial period these international Turkish Airlines flight should be Realized for extending your card validity date is 1 year, if 15,000 status miles accumulate at the end of the first year elite membership will extend one more year and the total validity date will be 2 years. "

There is no word to make 15.000 status miles on TK flights.

I am a little surprised, because until June I have *A flights for about 10,000 status miles, but not with Turkish.
"As of start date of elite membership within 4 months trial period one international Turkish Airlines flight should be realized for extending your card validity date to 1 year, if 15.000 status miles collected with Turkish Airlines flights at the end of the first year elite membership will extend 1 year more and the total validity date will be 2 years."

I got same reply. the words "with Turkish Airlines flights" are included in the criteria now. Downgraded to classic plus. Will throw away this account and avoid this airline.
Old Jan 24, 2017, 9:04 am

Originally Posted by mlqsko
15k *A or on TK?
*A
Old Jan 24, 2017, 9:17 am

Programs: TK Elite (*A Gold), Le Club Accorhotels Gold
Do people with Classic Plus (after one year) can write what conditions must be met in order to return to the Elite Card?
Old Jan 24, 2017, 11:04 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, JAL JGC, TK Silver, AF/AZ/KQ Elite Plus, IHG DM Amb, Accor Plat Plus, HH Gold, WY DM
Originally Posted by jbsgflyer
"As of start date of elite membership within 4 months trial period one international Turkish Airlines flight should be realized for extending your card validity date to 1 year, if 15.000 status miles collected with Turkish Airlines flights at the end of the first year elite membership will extend 1 year more and the total validity date will be 2 years."

I got same reply. the words "with Turkish Airlines flights" are included in the criteria now. Downgraded to classic plus. Will throw away this account and avoid this airline.
This is a clear misleading statement to customers and may be violating contract law and various legislation on falsified advertisement.

Don't know if it happens cam we solve it at local jurisdiction or have to bring to case to Turkish consumer protection institution/Turkish courts?
Old Jan 24, 2017, 11:05 am

Originally Posted by DavidKN
Don't know if it happens cam we solve it at local jurisdiction or have to bring to case to Turkish consumer protection institution/Turkish courts?
Are you serious?
Old Jan 24, 2017, 11:48 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
It might be worthwhile to get some perspective and remember that the status match is an unpublished free courtesy (granted to attract more customers but nevertheless). Essentially they can do whatever they want, withdraw it entirely, change the rules or hand them out like candy.

If it works, great, if not move on.
Old Jan 24, 2017, 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by Smojive
did you at all follow up on this with TK??
I feel like everyone is accepting this now that they do not honor they match challenge
Same problem here. After 1 year I was downgraded even though I had 25200 miles. I complained via the website 10 days ago. No reply, followed up again. Hopeless customer service.

Are the conditions of the match published somewhere? All I have is the original email I got, where nothing states that 15000 miles need to be flown with TK.
Old Jan 24, 2017, 2:17 pm

Do people with Classic Plus (after one year) can write what conditions must be met in order to return to the Elite Card?
The challenge is over, 40000 *A miles need to be flown in a rolling 12 month period. The miles in the last 12 months count, so whatever was accumulated in the challenge can be topped up to reach the standard 40k.
Old Jan 24, 2017, 2:43 pm

12 months Gold passes me in June 2017. I had about 27,000 status miles. I understand that until June 2018 I have gotten additional 13,000 status miles (up to 40,000) to get back Gold for 2 years?

If so, for me it is very good news, because 40,000 status miles in such a situation will not be a problem for me. One good long flight.

@CoweyB will be able to confirm it soon, because it lacks a little to 40,000 status miles

Last edited by tomwro; Jan 24, 2017 at 3:01 pm
Old Jan 24, 2017, 3:36 pm

12 months Gold passes me in June 2017. I had about 27,000 status miles. I understand that until June 2018 I have gotten additional 13,000 status miles (up to 40,000) to get back Gold for 2 years?

If so, for me it is very good news, because 40,000 status miles in such a situation will not be a problem for me. One good long flight.

@CoweyB will be able to confirm it soon, because it lacks a little to 40,000 status miles
Either look at: "miles smilies ->my account -> Card Operations -> Card Renewal" or "miles smilies ->my account -> Card Upgrade (and then date = your ELITE expiry date, to calculate how many miles you'll have in a -last 12 months - retroactive view)"

Last edited by aviatore; Jan 24, 2017 at 4:24 pm
Old Jan 24, 2017, 10:50 pm

Aviatore, I know where to find it.
The problem is and what they see on the system after downgrade to Classic Plus.

Do I understand that if I have 30,000 miles of status, is a return to the Elite will be possible after the addition of 10,000 missing status miles, or necessarily will collect 40,000 miles status.

Gizmoo writes that this first, only 10,000, I understood.
Old Jan 25, 2017, 12:44 am

Aviatore, I know where to find it.
The problem is and what they see on the system after downgrade to Classic Plus.

Do I understand that if I have 30,000 miles of status, is a return to the Elite will be possible after the addition of 10,000 missing status miles, or necessarily will collect 40,000 miles status.

Gizmoo writes that this first, only 10,000, I understood.
Excuse me, in other words...

After my downgrade:

My Account -> Status miles 0
However, Card Upgrade -> Status miles earned in last 12 months 22.000
As of 27.12.2016 miles are required to be ugraded to Elite. -> 18.000
Old Jan 25, 2017, 1:44 am

Originally Posted by gizmoo
Same problem here. After 1 year I was downgraded even though I had 25200 miles. I complained via the website 10 days ago. No reply, followed up again. Hopeless customer service.

Are the conditions of the match published somewhere? All I have is the original email I got, where nothing states that 15000 miles need to be flown with TK.
Shouldn't you have requalified anyway by reaching the normal criteria of 25000 status miles in the first year? Which is the normal requalification amount of status miles for someone residing outside of Turkey

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.