Long haul J - new Denon headsets

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2016, 2:12 am
TPJ
Original Poster

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Long haul J - new Denon headsets

Just FYI...

The other day, I flew to IAH and after departure they distributed new headsets. I believe these are Denon headsets, looked similar to this one: https://usa.denon.com/us/product/por...nceling/ahgc20 but with TK branding (I had my own Bose, so didn't take a closes look).

There is a side effect: they are distributed after departure and collected before landing, so if you want to use IFE gate-to-gate, you need to have your own headsets.
Old Oct 15, 2016, 5:35 am

Programs: Kettle Class
Had these on TK11 in J this week. The standard, plastic headphones are also available on the seat and can be used before the Denons are handed out and after they are taken away.

Originally Posted by TPJ
Just FYI...

The other day, I flew to IAH and after departure they distributed new headsets. I believe these are Denon headsets, looked similar to this one: https://usa.denon.com/us/product/por...nceling/ahgc20 but with TK branding (I had my own Bose, so didn't take a closes look).

There is a side effect: they are distributed after departure and collected before landing, so if you want to use IFE gate-to-gate, you need to have your own headsets.
Old Oct 17, 2016, 12:43 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus, SAS EBG, QR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I saw them being handed out on my flights to Miami and back two weeks ago. They looked pretty nice, though I declined them in favour for my own Bose headphones.
Old Oct 20, 2016, 3:36 am

Programs: TK Elite, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver
Cool news Flew with them last month and really thought it needed an upgrade. I'm flying with them again next month so will be looking forward to it
Old Oct 24, 2016, 10:53 am

Programs: TK E+ | HHD | Marriott TE LTG | etc.
I flew to GRU and just return from EZE yesterday with same bird.

Just FYI...
Only plastic headphones served on 'TK-JJF Beylerbeyi'.
Old Oct 24, 2016, 11:26 am
TPJ
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pencereamelesi
I flew to GRU and just return from EZE yesterday with same bird.

Just FYI...
Only plastic headphones served on 'TK-JJF Beylerbeyi'.
You only flew GRU-EZE-GRU? This would explain as there are no slippers, toilet kits or quilts offered on these segments.
Old Oct 24, 2016, 4:45 pm

Programs: TK E+ | HHD | Marriott TE LTG | etc.
I flew IST-GRU / EZE-GRU-IST segments.

All amenities distributed after depart from GRU on the wayback.
Old Oct 25, 2016, 10:27 am

Programs: A bit of this and a bit of that
Originally Posted by pencereamelesi
I flew IST-GRU / EZE-GRU-IST segments.

All amenities distributed after depart from GRU on the wayback.
Do they fly the new 77W's with the "more private" seats on this route? Or they fly the old ones?
Old Oct 25, 2016, 10:41 am
TPJ
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tuchop
Do they fly the new 77W's with the "more private" seats on this route? Or they fly the old ones?
Out of my 6 flights to/from EZE this year (3 RT's) only one was on a plane with older (but still fully flat) seats.
Old Oct 26, 2016, 5:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Which is a huge improvement as they were using 340's for the longest times.

Regarding the Denon's I have used them a few times, however I find it absolutely ridiculous the way they hand them out and collect them. On my last long haul, they literally handed them out an hour into the flight and wanted to collect them an hour before landing. I was unhappy, and basically told the Purser that I found it amazing that I had not seen a crew member for several hours, and this was all they could do? I strongly suggest that they find other things to do before collecting the headphones off their premium customers, to which he said that he'd collect mine after we landed. Better.
Old Nov 1, 2016, 9:01 am

Programs: A bit of this and a bit of that
Originally Posted by hfly
Which is a huge improvement as they were using 340's for the longest times.

Regarding the Denon's I have used them a few times, however I find it absolutely ridiculous the way they hand them out and collect them. On my last long haul, they literally handed them out an hour into the flight and wanted to collect them an hour before landing. I was unhappy, and basically told the Purser that I found it amazing that I had not seen a crew member for several hours, and this was all they could do? I strongly suggest that they find other things to do before collecting the headphones off their premium customers, to which he said that he'd collect mine after we landed. Better.
Would you rather use the Denons or Bose QC25s?
Old Nov 1, 2016, 6:24 pm

Programs: TK Elite, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver
Flying TK to CAN now. They have distributed the latest Denon headsets while distributing the amenity kit. I was informed they'd colllect them before landing. This headset is definitely much better than the old ones

Last edited by thefilipinotraveler; Nov 3, 2016 at 4:38 am
Old Nov 3, 2016, 7:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yea, as the older ones were just plastic garbage. Tuchon, I have QC's, and I sometimes use them, but to be honest, What I really prefer using these days are robust long lasting BT in ear headsets. I even bought a BT amp/splitter thing so that I can use them with IFE systems. I am finding that all oer the ear sets make my ears to hot these days (especially in TK cabins where they inevitably keep temps about 4 degrees warmer than any other airline).
Old Nov 7, 2016, 12:47 pm

Programs: Emirates, Thai, TK
I received those Denon headsets now a few times and they are indeed a great improvement.
Because you still have the old head set in your seat you can continue using the IFE when they collect the Denon sets.
Personally i prefer my Shure in ear monitors as they are more comfortable and have better sound isolation.
Old Nov 24, 2016, 2:32 am
TPJ
Original Poster

Received in our Corpo T/Agency newsletter.

I am still to see these tablets on mid-haul flights

November 23, 2016

Turkish Airlines, Europe’s best airline for six consecutive years according to the recent Skytrax results, has taken its in-flight experience even further. Having the passenger’ satisfaction as the company’s priority, the entertainment selection was broadened in order to reach the widest range of passengers’ requests.

In cooperation with Denon, one of the world’s highest-quality audio and home entertainment systems manufacturers, Turkish Airlines’ Business class travellers on America-bound flights will have the possibility to experience a renewed audio experience. Thanks to this partnership, the audio engineering company will provide a comfortable set of headphones, which are able to deliver perfect sound while minimizing ambient noise to 99%. Phenomenally comfortable even for long periods of usage, the headphones can also be purchased on ShopMiles, an alternative way of using miles accumulated in the airline’s popular mileage reward program.

Together with a brand new audio experience, Turkish Airlines has introduced another tech novelty to its range of in-flight services. Business class passengers on flights that do not have rear seat screens, as well as trips that last above 2 ½ hours, will have the possibility to spend their aircraft time watching movies or playing games through a Samsung Galaxy S2 tablet. Equipped with the latest technology, Turkish Airlines always puts passengers’ satisfaction as its highest priority.

As its last technological addition, the Turkish carrier who has also been chosen the “Most Valuable Brand”* of Turkey in this year, has updated its mobile app in order to further enhance its passengers’ flight experience. With this updated version, passengers can add flights, reissue tickets, cancel reservations, add infant passengers and upgrading Economy Class tickets to Business Class in addition to many of previous services such as ticketing, reservation and check-in now these services are also available on passengers’ smartphones or tablets. The app’s new features will offer tips and ideas for travellers, including maps of the world's major airport terminals, tool especially useful for first-time passengers. Driving directions will be added to the app, while the featured airports will be Istanbul’s Atatürk; Hong Kong International; London Heathrow; and Miami International Airport.

Source: Turkish Airlines

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.