Wiki Posts
Search

Email fare rules don't match ticket

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2016, 8:27 am
Original Poster

Email fare rules don't match ticket

Hi all,

Normally a BA lurker. I fly a lot of turkish airlines and so far have not had much problem.

Story in brief.

London - Istanbul - Bodrum October 1/ Returning October 9. Bargain price £150, economy promotion ticket. All good.

Received email with Fare rules of:

ANY TIME CHARGE EUR 50.00 FOR REISSUE/REVALIDATION. NOTE - REPRICING CONDITIONS- -------------------- A-BEFORE DEPARTURE- ITINERARY MUST BE RE-PRICED USING CURRENT FARES IN EFFECT ON THE DATE THE TICKET IS REISSUED THE ITINERARY MUST MEET ALL RULE PROVISIONS OF THE NEWLY TICKETED FARE INCLUDING ADVANCE PURCHASE --AP MEANS- TKT MUST BE PURCHASED A MINIMUM NUMBER OF DAYS BEFORE THE FLIGHT DEPARTS - A CHANGE IS A DATE/FLIGHT/ROUTING/BOOKING CODE CHANGE. - CHARGE APPLIES PER TRANSACTION - PER PERSON FOR ADULT CHILD AND INFANT WITH SEAT.

Thought great, ill change it if needed. Now I want to do september 30 - october 9. One day change, same flights and the computers are saying it is a non exchangeable ticket.

I understand the rules are the rules and had i read it when it arrived and it had said that no changes were allowed I would have cancelled and purchased a higher fare bucket.

Now they tell me the return will be cancelled if i miss the outbound but my turkish friends say this isn't true.

Whats the story? Is it like ba and the whole ticket is cancelled or not?

Thanks all.
Old Sep 20, 2016, 9:18 am

Programs: TK E+, AA PLAT
Originally Posted by Flyingturkey
Hi all,

Normally a BA lurker. I fly a lot of turkish airlines and so far have not had much problem.

Story in brief.

London - Istanbul - Bodrum October 1/ Returning October 9. Bargain price £150, economy promotion ticket. All good.

Received email with Fare rules of:

ANY TIME CHARGE EUR 50.00 FOR REISSUE/REVALIDATION. NOTE - REPRICING CONDITIONS- -------------------- A-BEFORE DEPARTURE- ITINERARY MUST BE RE-PRICED USING CURRENT FARES IN EFFECT ON THE DATE THE TICKET IS REISSUED THE ITINERARY MUST MEET ALL RULE PROVISIONS OF THE NEWLY TICKETED FARE INCLUDING ADVANCE PURCHASE --AP MEANS- TKT MUST BE PURCHASED A MINIMUM NUMBER OF DAYS BEFORE THE FLIGHT DEPARTS - A CHANGE IS A DATE/FLIGHT/ROUTING/BOOKING CODE CHANGE. - CHARGE APPLIES PER TRANSACTION - PER PERSON FOR ADULT CHILD AND INFANT WITH SEAT.

Thought great, ill change it if needed. Now I want to do september 30 - october 9. One day change, same flights and the computers are saying it is a non exchangeable ticket.

I understand the rules are the rules and had i read it when it arrived and it had said that no changes were allowed I would have cancelled and purchased a higher fare bucket.

Now they tell me the return will be cancelled if i miss the outbound but my turkish friends say this isn't true.

Whats the story? Is it like ba and the whole ticket is cancelled or not?

Thanks all.
Yes, as far as I know this is universal with all airlines.

Usually when I click the fare rules link in the confirmation email I am taken to an empty page.
Old Sep 20, 2016, 9:29 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by boosh
Yes, as far as I know this is universal with all airlines.

Usually when I click the fare rules link in the confirmation email I am taken to an empty page.
Thank you, yes I understand that the ticket is the ticket, but given I am given incorrect data within my eticket receipt and have made plans accordingly. I feel slightly put out.

I have since bought a one way to Bodrum direct on the hopes they will save my return ticket.

Anyone with any experience with protected returns after missing outbound?
Old Sep 20, 2016, 12:40 pm

Programs: TK E+, AA PLAT
Originally Posted by Flyingturkey
Thank you, yes I understand that the ticket is the ticket, but given I am given incorrect data within my eticket receipt and have made plans accordingly. I feel slightly put out.

I have since bought a one way to Bodrum direct on the hopes they will save my return ticket.

Anyone with any experience with protected returns after missing outbound?
No they will not. Miss one flight and all subsequent flights are cancled unless you are on a flex or C tickets. If you are booked on one fare class in one direction but a different fare class on the return the lowest fare class will take precedence
Old Sep 21, 2016, 6:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Call TK on the day of departure (before the dep. time) explaining that you will no-show for the outbound flights today but you will fly the return flights; ask them to protect the return flight when you no-show for the outbound flights. You will already be in Turkey and your Turkish friends may become handy if you don't speak Turkish yourself. If the first agent refuse to do anything, hung up and call again.

Admittedly, whether you will succed or not, I have no idea, but it is worth a shot. Please report back.
Old Sep 21, 2016, 8:22 am
Original Poster

Thanks, yes I will try it before buying a return, currently only got a one way I can use.

I will be billing my friends for making me come earlier!!

Will definitely report back regarding their flexibility.
Old Sep 30, 2016, 1:14 pm
Original Poster

An Apology, they have said sorry for incorrect fare rules being attached to my E-ticket and offered me new flights free of charge, considering I wanted to leave at 11am today instead of 11am tomorrow it serves me nothing so I've cancelled, but theres some closure at least.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.