Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

Turkish Airlines A330-300 - seat map discrepancy

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2016, 11:42 am
Original Poster

Just booked a flight on Turkish Airlines (TA) and will be flying on one of their A330-300s each way (IAD to IST on November 16, return November 22... flight #'s 8 and 7).

The seat map on TA's "fleet info" website (which, as a sidenote, matches SeatGuru) differs by one row when compared to TA's booking interface when I actually select my seats on my ticket. On TA's "fleet info" page (or on SeatGuru), row 25 is an exit row versus row 24 when I actually select my seat in the booking interface. See this Tweet for a side-by-side:

https://twitter.com/GoMoRAAA/status/767689614920298496

Which is correct? The "fleet info" page on TA's website conflicts with the seating chart in TA's booking interface, so TA has an internal discrepancy in their seating information. Have they made a change to their seating configuration (so, eliminating one row forward of the exit row) that has not been updated on SeatGuru & their fleet info website?
Old Aug 23, 2016, 7:03 am

Programs: TK E+ | HHD | Marriott TE LTG | etc.
Hi oigroig43,

Welcome to FT!

I'm pretty sure, Row 24 is an emergency exit row on TK A330-300 (except one A330-302 bird, registered with TC-JOM)

You can check "Seatplan Layout" section from TK's official "Flight Planning Performance Management" site. I also sending a picture of related pages below.

Cheers,
Attached Images  
Old Aug 23, 2016, 8:30 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pencereamelesi
Hi oigroig43,

Welcome to FT!

I'm pretty sure, Row 24 is an emergency exit row on TK A330-300 (except one A330-302 bird, registered with TC-JOM)

You can check "Seatplan Layout" section from TK's official "Flight Planning Performance Management" site. I also sending a picture of related pages below.

Cheers,

Thanks so much for the reply. That is an excellent information source. After looking through the website, I found a link to a text doucment mentioning a row 13 addition to the A330-300s. It has been deleted, but Google has it cached here:

https://webcache.googleusercontent.c...&ct=clnk&gl=us

The other TK map I posted/SeatGuru map lacks a row 13 which I had not noticed prior to posting. The addition of row 13 would push the row 24 label back to the exit row. Do you think the addition of row 13 is current? Why would they have deleted the text file inidicating this addition? Thanks!
Old Aug 23, 2016, 10:13 am

Originally Posted by oigroig43
Do you think the addition of row 13 is current? Why would they have deleted the text file inidicating this addition? Thanks!
Yes, this is current.
Who knows why that file deleted, this is TK
Old Aug 23, 2016, 10:30 am
Original Poster

Yes, this is current.
Who knows why that file deleted, this is TK
Awesome, thanks! One more quick question: in my Tweet, my seat selection interface shows both rows 24 and 25 as exit rows (both marked with "Exit")... it's clear to me now that row 24 is DEFINITELY an exit row since it is marked as "NE". But in the "Seatplan Layout" documentation you sent me, row 25 is marked just as "N". Is there a reason the booking interface still has "Exit" for row 25? Is there extra leg room? Or is the interface wrong?
Old Aug 23, 2016, 2:18 pm

Trust me, only row 24.

Do you think any CS agent or Social Media representative of TK has an idea about where to find this question's CORRECT answer ?
Old Oct 16, 2019, 2:25 am

Programs: Qatar Gold, Asiana Club Diamond, THAI silver
Trust me, only row 24.

Do you think any CS agent or Social Media representative of TK has an idea about where to find this question's CORRECT answer ?
Dear Pencereamelesi,
Do you happen to have TK 77W seatmap? Like the one from AHM.
I cannot find any detailed seatmap on TK website anymore.
Please help.
Brgds,
N
Old Oct 16, 2019, 3:44 am

it's on the web.
Link: https://www4.thy.com/ahm/pages/manag...hmclient.xhtml
Cheers,
flyvirgin likes this.
Old Oct 16, 2019, 3:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by flyvirgin
Dear Pencereamelesi,
Do you happen to have TK 77W seatmap? Like the one from AHM.
I cannot find any detailed seatmap on TK website anymore.
Please help.
Brgds,
N
https://www4.thy.com/ahm/

- Press B777-787
- Open the file AHM560 Rev 81 29MAY19
- You would see all 3 configurations for the Boeing 777-300ER that TK has on their fleet.

And, thank you for asking this question as I've learned something new, where the newer aircraft has seats at 41DEG instead of 38DEG.
flyvirgin likes this.
Old Oct 16, 2019, 4:24 am

Programs: A few airlines, hotel programs and car rentals
Hi oigroig43,

Welcome to FT!

Cheers,
This is great information. Thank you!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.