Exit row seats for sale

Old Aug 14, 2016, 11:41 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Exit row seats for sale

TK now sell exit row seats. USD79 one way for long haul. Apparently there are zero benefits for being an status customer

http://www.turkishairlines.com/en-in...seat-selection

Available Routes For Sale (Exit Row): New York, Houston, Los Angeles, Chicago, San Fransisco, Toronto, Miami, Atlanta, Guangzhou, Hong Kong, Beijing, Shangai, Taipei, Manila,Tokyo.
Old Aug 14, 2016, 1:17 pm

Programs: TK E+, AA PLAT
Originally Posted by starflyergold
TK now sell exit row seats. USD79 one way for long haul. Apparently there are zero benefits for being an status customer

Available Routes For Sale (Exit Row): New York, Houston, Los Angeles, Chicago, San Fransisco, Toronto, Miami, Atlanta, Guangzhou, Hong Kong, Beijing, Shangai, Taipei, Manila,Tokyo.
Well that is absolutely pants
Old Aug 14, 2016, 1:46 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus
I was told by this while checking in at ORD a few days back. When I enquired about exception for elites, she said, well all European carriers do the same. What can I say?
Old Aug 14, 2016, 2:30 pm

I'm just surprised they are still selling the seats at the checkin.

If the flight is not 100% full (assuming the exit row is the last to be given), the best approach might be to get an aisle seat one row behind the exit and (ask to) move one forward as soon as boarding is completed.

I also wonder how long free seat assignments in Y will continue...
Old Aug 14, 2016, 5:28 pm
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
So TK is now world's only airline that charges their own elites for extra legroom seats...
Old Aug 15, 2016, 6:48 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Originally Posted by TPJ
So TK is now world's only airline that charges their own elites for extra legroom seats...
Hold on. The website says that regular members can now buy exit row seats. That is in line with what other airlines do.

What it does not say is whether E+ and E members are perhaps exempt from those fees or pay a lesser amount...?

Also, does this news mean that at long last, TK allows everybody to assign a seat at time of booking, even if it is 100+ days from departure?
Old Aug 17, 2016, 5:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by starflyergold

Another enhancement - don't know what's next

I tried to see if I can make a seat reservation by clicking the reserve seat button and they claimed that I have already chosen my seats

It's for a flight next Feb. oh well - TK IT.
Old Aug 19, 2016, 10:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I was told that this was coming BUT that it would be free for E+, something which I thought was great. I would like to see some more information before I react.
Old Aug 31, 2016, 11:15 pm

Programs: *G, used to be with TK but left due to their corruption and political ties
Is this working?

Tried to book my seats online just now, did not have a very good experience :-)

Old Sep 2, 2016, 12:16 am

Programs: TK E+, AA PLAT
Originally Posted by Gnopps
Tried to book my seats online just now, did not have a very good experience :-)

Same for my flight yesterday, couldn't choose exit row when booking but no problem getting one for me and the wife at checkin.
Old Jan 10, 2017, 12:51 pm

Programs: *G, used to be with TK but left due to their corruption and political ties
Didn't know why I was expecting TK's homepage to work

As normal TK's incompetence shows. Here I'm trying to book seats online for a ticketed itinerary in business class next month, purchased on their homepage. Not possible, because it isn't in economy class apparently!

Old Jan 14, 2017, 5:17 am

Programs: Miles and More FTL; Miles and Bonus *G; Emirates
Hmm, I have a flight LUX-IST-HAV and was keen on getting seat reservations (especially since the flight IST - HAV is long one and we are a party of three and would like to sit together, we are on different tickets since all have different departure point), however, even though the seat purchase is technically open, I am told that there are no available seats available. Considering the flight is in April, this can obviously not be the case. Has anyone been successful in reserving their seats yet, and what is the magic trick to make it work? Will try emailing them again, maybe the feel like answering this time
Old Jan 14, 2017, 7:37 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by Gnopps
As normal TK's incompetence shows. Here I'm trying to book seats online for a ticketed itinerary in business class next month, purchased on their homepage. Not possible, because it isn't in economy class apparently!
Once ticketed you have to call them as this cannot be done online except at OLCI
Old Jan 26, 2017, 11:26 pm

The farce continue

This is what I get for all flights on a ticketed trip in economy class...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.