Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

Three questions regarding MIA-IST-BKK Business Class

Old Aug 12, 2016, 7:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA (PLATINUM), HHonors (DIAMOND)

I recently booked award tickets with United miles for three passengers from MIA-IST-BKK for June 2017 in Business Class.

1) When will be able to reserve seats & How?
2) Which lounge does Turkish use in MIA?
3) We have a four hour connection in IST before our flight to BKK. I've heard amazing things about the IST Business Class lounge. About how much time will we be able to spend in the lounge?

Thank you in advance for your help.
Old Aug 12, 2016, 8:12 pm

Programs: UA Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
1) Available 100 days in advance, I do it by messaging TK on Facebook or Twitter. You can also call but their social media team is pretty pro active, I usually get an answer in less than an hour.
2) No idea
3) At least 3 hours, you don't need to go through security or anything arriving from the US, you will deplane directly in the international departure hall and can head straight to the lounge and then go from the lounge to your BKK flight directly. No security checks.
Old Aug 13, 2016, 3:58 am

Originally Posted by Mict
1) Available 100 days in advance, I do it by messaging TK on Facebook or Twitter. You can also call but their social media team is pretty pro active, I usually get an answer in less than an hour.
The new website allows you to reserve seats or change seat reservations online.
Old Aug 13, 2016, 8:28 am

Programs: Skymiles Silver Medallion
Originally Posted by vivamuci
Really? For all flights? Or only flights booked on the TK website <100 days in advance?
Old Aug 13, 2016, 10:16 am

Programs: UA Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by vivamuci
I still se the old site
Any reason for this?
Old Aug 14, 2016, 12:42 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
Originally Posted by flyer121
2) Which lounge does Turkish use in MIA?
Should be Avianca Lounge (Global Lounge) in Terminal J. Last December I was sent there.
Old Aug 14, 2016, 5:31 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, TK Gold
Originally Posted by segacs
Really? For all flights? Or only flights booked on the TK website <100 days in advance?
I have a flight that is more than 100 days out. And while I can "see" the option on the new website I still cannot actually click it. Probably will be able to when the 100 days will come.
Old Aug 14, 2016, 8:50 am

Originally Posted by MD/DC Flyer
I have a flight that is more than 100 days out. And while I can "see" the option on the new website I still cannot actually click it. Probably will be able to when the 100 days will come.
Ok. Well, I'm still seeing the old website. And my flight is about 104 days out. I'll probably give them a call at the 100-day mark unless there's a way to forcibly switch over the website.
Old Aug 14, 2016, 9:47 am
HAF

Ok. Well, I'm still seeing the old website. And my flight is about 104 days out. I'll probably give them a call at the 100-day mark unless there's a way to forcibly switch over the website.

https://p.turkishairlines.com
Old Aug 14, 2016, 9:54 am

Originally Posted by HAF
Thanks but that didn't work for me. Just forwarded me to the old website http://www.turkishairlines.com/en-ca.

Anyway, I doubt it would work anyway since my flight is an award booking through Aeroplan. I'll just phone in. No big deal.

Thanks though!
Old Aug 14, 2016, 9:58 am
HAF

Thanks but that didn't work for me. Just forwarded me to the old website http://www.turkishairlines.com/en-ca.

Anyway, I doubt it would work anyway since my flight is an award booking through Aeroplan. I'll just phone in. No big deal.

Thanks though!
As long as you have a booking ID you can access your record and make seat assignments - does not matter if it is an award (all my reservations with United awards come up for seat assignments)

Try accessing it with firefox or chrome. IE won't work and redirect.

--haf
Old Aug 14, 2016, 10:04 am

Originally Posted by HAF
Try accessing it with firefox or chrome. IE won't work and redirect.
No luck on either Firefox or Chrome. (I never use IE. Who uses IE? It's 2016!)

What country are you selecting? Maybe the international / Canadian version isn't up yet?

Or maybe you've just been cookied to the beta?
Old Aug 14, 2016, 10:32 am
HAF

What country are you selecting?
US

https://p.turkishairlines.com/en-us/

i was also redirected to the old site - however when I type the new URL it seems to stick...

in any case if you call them directly they will be able to make seat assignments - i would recommend before calling to check expertflyer to get an idea what is open

--haf
Old Aug 14, 2016, 10:44 am

Originally Posted by HAF
US

i was also redirected to the old site - however when I type the new URL it seems to stick...

in any case if you call them directly they will be able to make seat assignments - i would recommend before calling to check expertflyer to get an idea what is open

--haf
Yeah it's probably because I'm Canadian so it forwards me to the (old) Canadian site automatically. Thanks for the advice, though.

And will do!
Old Aug 14, 2016, 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by HAF
US

--haf
I'm using the new US site (did not get redirected to the old site). However, nothing happens when I click on "choose seat". That function does not seem to work. My flights are not until 4 months out.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.