Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CIP Lounge at IAD

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2016, 1:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Starwood Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
We have pictures of the lounge at https://loungereview.com/lounges/tur...es-lounge-iad/ if you're curious (disclosure: I contribute to loungereview.com.)

The Turkish Lounge is one of the most stylish lounges at Dulles airport - which, frankly, isn't that hard given the competition (UA anyone? ) It's a small lounge, and for now it's pretty quiet, although Star Golds refugees will undoubtedly take advantage of the new option soon.

There's only one shower suite, which is elegant but on the small side. Nice food spread although perhaps not as substantial as the Lufthansa Senator lounge. Great looking seating areas and plenty of daylight. A rather private layout with plenty of space to move around - although again, we'll see how the current layout stands the test of time when the lounge gets more use.
Old Sep 22, 2016, 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by TPJ
Looks great!!!

So we now have 5 TK own lounges: IST, SAW, VKO, NBO, IST. JFK to follow...
There are many more. Turkish even has a complete dedicated web site: http://www.turkishairlineslounge.com/

Note that none of the lounges come close to the IST international club, but it's still a pretty compelling regional product.
Old Sep 22, 2016, 10:58 pm

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by Pat Plus
There are many more. Turkish even has a complete dedicated web site: http://www.turkishairlineslounge.com/

Note that none of the lounges come close to the IST international club, but it's still a pretty compelling regional product.
Yes you are definitely right about the INTL one at Atatürk being the nicest. The domestic lounges are all nicer than the IST domestic one.
Old Sep 24, 2016, 2:28 am

Programs: TK M&S Elite Plus/EK Skywards Gold/Skyteam Elite
Originally Posted by Mict
There are also bunch of other domestic TK lounges which are very nice as well.
For exemple, in ADB, there is even a separate terminal for premium/status passengers, very very nice.
SAW and ESB domestic lounges are located in separate buildings as well. The issue is that you are the last to board by CIP bus, and then there is no space for hand luggage.
Old Sep 24, 2016, 2:30 am

Programs: TK M&S Elite Plus/EK Skywards Gold/Skyteam Elite
Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
Yes you are definitely right about the INTL one at Atatürk being the nicest. The domestic lounges are all nicer than the IST domestic one.
I hate the E+ section of IST domestic lounge. The Elite part is much better for some reason. It has pool table and showers. Elite Plus has got nothing, and is always packed
Old Sep 24, 2016, 6:46 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Ha ha - typical TK - the web site does not even list IAD and NBO recently opened lounges

I didn't know that TK has so many domestic lounges, though...
Old Sep 26, 2016, 3:20 pm

Programs: Lost all status due to flying less to tackle the climate emergency
Yeah if you go on Loungebuddy website there are a couple of photos of the Nairobi Turkish Lounge, but they kept that rather quiet!
Old Sep 30, 2016, 12:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Officially opened today!

Last edited by username; Sep 30, 2016 at 1:16 pm
Old Sep 30, 2016, 6:37 pm

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by username
Officially opened today!
It's been open for over a month...
Old Sep 30, 2016, 6:58 pm

Programs: UA Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by PVDtoDEL
It's been open for over a month...
I think he meant that the formal opening ceremony was today.
Old Sep 30, 2016, 10:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Mict
I think he meant that the formal opening ceremony was today.
Yes. It seemed to be quite an event - I saw lots of IAD employees, it seems, walking away from it with flowers and a gift bag. It seems they were handling out TK airplane models too.
Old Sep 30, 2016, 10:28 pm

They made a big deal out of the grand opening. The Chairman was there. I was invited but couldn't justify the trip... and it just felt really odd, since the lounge has been in operation for several weeks now. Though hearing from username, now I regret not getting a model

I also understand the boarding from the lounge should start anytime now, if it hasn't started already.
Old Oct 1, 2016, 3:12 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
They made a big deal out of the grand opening. The Chairman was there. I was invited but couldn't justify the trip... and it just felt really odd, since the lounge has been in operation for several weeks now. Though hearing from username, now I regret not getting a model

I also understand the boarding from the lounge should start anytime now, if it hasn't started already.
I understand your frustration, I also happen to miss any events where a model is given out.
Old Oct 1, 2016, 1:01 pm

Programs: TK Elite (*G), SPG,Priority Pass
Originally Posted by Regnum
I hate the E+ section of IST domestic lounge. The Elite part is much better for some reason. It has pool table and showers. Elite Plus has got nothing, and is always packed
Although E+/ Biz section is segragated at IST, SAW, ESB and ADB noone really enforces that rule.
Old Oct 1, 2016, 3:58 pm

Programs: UA *G MM
The lounge was very crowded for the early IST flight because it was also being used by ANA pax, which departs 20 min earlier. I suspect that TK will try to steal ANA as the designated lounge and it might have already been done based on the number of Japanese in the lounge. However, the sign on the LH lounge indicated 08:20 opening, which must be for the ANA flight, which departs at 12:20.

TK's gate was across the hall so direct gate boarding would not have been possible whereas the ANA aircraft was parked right in front of the window by the bar at B43.

p.s. You can't go from the Elite to Elite Plus lounge at IST domestic without going through security again? There is a sign in the toilet about ablution facilities only being available in the Elite lounge. Not something that I (or most Turks) need, but is it really a better lounge?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.