Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

Upgrading over the counter at IST, using E+ voucher

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2016, 5:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: TK E+

I'm currently in transit at IST with an onward ticket to Asia tonight. There are available seats in booking class I, so I'm trying to use one of my vouchers to upgrade the flight. Are there no place in the int. departure area where I can do this over the counter? I tried at the lounge, but they couldn't (or wouldn't do it). Are there any TK ticketing office here, where it can be done? I have tried calling CS to do the upgrade, but there is an extremely long line to get through.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 1:14 pm

As far as I know this is only possible in the ticketing desks, landside. Let us know if you find a way to do it airside.

Shuly
Old Jul 27, 2016, 1:27 pm

Programs: TK E+, AA PLAT
For upgrades using miles you definitely have to go landside which is such a pain. They should really get that sorted, among a few other things to do with TGS
Old Jul 27, 2016, 2:13 pm

Programs: TK Elite+ HHonors Diamond
I have managed many last minute upgrades thru Miles and E+ vouchers at Lounge rather than airside. Found them very efficient.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by zing2istanbul
I have managed many last minute upgrades thru Miles and E+ vouchers at Lounge rather than airside. Found them very efficient.
The lounge is airside??? I have always been told to go to a ticket desk in the main departure hall as they cant process upgrades at the lunge.
Old Jul 28, 2016, 9:44 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, ex AA EXP
I have done it once at the lounge airside, before to enter the automatic door, took a couple of minute, no more
Old Jul 28, 2016, 10:34 am

They must not like the look of my face then. can other people confirm that you can upgrade using miles and vouchers in the lounge?
Old Jul 28, 2016, 11:24 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Originally Posted by boosh
They must not like the look of my face then
Don't get plastic surgery just yet.

At TK, "it can't be done" from an agent often just means "I can't be bothered" or "I don't know how". The equivalent of HUCA, trying another agent at the same desk a bit later, often does the trick.
Old Jul 28, 2016, 3:27 pm

Programs: TK Elite+ HHonors Diamond
The lounge is airside??? I have always been told to go to a ticket desk in the main departure hall as they cant process upgrades at the lunge.
Sorry I meant "rather than landslide"

Have seen many pax doing upgrades at Lounge.
Old Jul 28, 2016, 8:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: TK E+
The lounge dragons didn't want to help me with my upgrade request (I have upgraded at the lounge before), and I couldn't get through on the phone, so I gave it up and saved the voucher for another time.
Old Aug 1, 2016, 1:21 am

Programs: FB Gold - M&S Gold
They must not like the look of my face then. can other people confirm that you can upgrade using miles and vouchers in the lounge?
I tried to upgrade at the lounge on Saturday and the guy at the counter told me that they would only do it for Elite and Elite + members. I'm gold so it was ok but wanted to upgrade with cash, not miles (25k miles for IST-KBL was a bit steep), and he told me that cash upgrade is only possible at the transfer desk.

I therefore assume it could be possible at the transfer desk on airside but you would have to go through security again though.

Last edited by Enthilza; Aug 2, 2016 at 3:43 am
Old Oct 11, 2016, 9:27 am

Originally Posted by Enthilza
I tried to upgrade at the lounge on Saturday and the guy at the counter told me that they would only do it for Elite and Elite + members. I'm gold so it was ok but wanted to upgrade with cash, not miles (25k miles for IST-KBL was a bit steep), and he told me that cash upgrade is only possible at the transfer desk.

I therefore assume it could be possible at the transfer desk on airside but you would have to go through security again though.
Is there another manner to do the upgrade besides the transfer desk? Have anyone tried cash upgrade before checking in at the counter in Istanbul?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.