Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

is an L class fare purchased in the US for EU travel changeable?

Old Jun 23, 2016, 8:50 am
TA
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K MM

Hi all -- apologies for a simple brief question, which I need to act on today so hoping for your kind help:

I purchased an L class ticket one way with TK, going Italy-IST-TLV, and for unfortunately reasons my date had to change due to work issues.

Is this class of ticket typically date-changeable with some penalty? I see that very little can be done online, so I guess I will be calling their US phone center. But I was hoping to know what to expect in terms of changeability or penalty $ that will be required.

Thank you!
Old Jun 23, 2016, 8:53 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Looks like your thread title is wrong: You actually bought a ticket in Italy for travel to Israel, right?

Either way, use the ITA Matrix to find a similar fare in the same class on TK. You can then see the detailed fare rules for that fare on the ITA website. That should give you a good indication.
Old Jun 23, 2016, 11:49 am
TA
Original Poster

Thanks for the reply --

Just to provide exact information, I bought the ticket while sitting in the USA, at the Turkish Airlines USA website (in case that could've made a difference).

I will have a look to see what conditions the tool brings up, thanks.

[update: it looks like a 50 EUR minimum fee for changing]

Last edited by TA; Jun 23, 2016 at 11:55 am
Old Jun 23, 2016, 8:04 pm
TA
Original Poster

Another update. I have run into the frustration of the Turkish Airlines reservation system.

Although I can see suitable flights to rebook / change my ticket into (same L booking class, different date), the agents on the phone are unable to book into that class as a ticket change. They say "those fares are only available for booking as new tickets" and "we ourselves cannot see the full range of flights you can see on our own website, and we are unable to make the change in our system". They offered me the change (based on change to H class ticket) at a price of $350.

Basically, my ticket is useless, despite the fare / seat being available, and my being able to book a new ticket for the same price that I originally paid ($190). What a great fare system, Turkish Airlines!
Old Jun 24, 2016, 6:58 am

Programs: BA Gold, TP Silver
Originally Posted by TA
Another update. I have run into the frustration of the Turkish Airlines reservation system.

Although I can see suitable flights to rebook / change my ticket into (same L booking class, different date), the agents on the phone are unable to book into that class as a ticket change. They say "those fares are only available for booking as new tickets" and "we ourselves cannot see the full range of flights you can see on our own website, and we are unable to make the change in our system". They offered me the change (based on change to H class ticket) at a price of $350.

Basically, my ticket is useless, despite the fare / seat being available, and my being able to book a new ticket for the same price that I originally paid ($190). What a great fare system, Turkish Airlines!
This is quite normal. Your ticket is not changeable. You can upgrade it to a changeable ticket, which costs the fare difference (+ possible fee). Then you can change the date.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.