New version of THY.com

Old Aug 4, 2017, 7:55 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Plat
Anyone figured out how to change seats using the new website? I have current seat selections that I would like to change and have 4 passengers on the itinerary. Every time i select a new seat I cannot assign to an individual. Also cannot change if I select a current seat assignment first and then a new open seat.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 2:30 pm

Programs: Emirates, Thai, TK
Went into my booking on the new website it does give me the option to change seats.
Only problem is that it is not working.
Looks like that there are still a lot of bugs in the new website.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 10:15 pm

Programs: TK M&S, LH MM, Global Entry, Hertz Gold, Sixt Platinum
I've been trying to book various flights on the new website over the last year and almost always ended up using the old one instead.

Just played around with dates for a trip this fall, and it looks functional, tells the actual booking class and even has a weekly view to compare prices.

So the TK IT gears obviously grind slowly, but as far as I can tell, things are gradually improving.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 1:33 am

Programs: FB Gold - M&S Gold
The only positive side of the new website is that you can actually buy Business for inbound and eco for outbound (and vice versa), something that I was never able to do on the old site. Apart from that (which is a feature most of us won't use frequently), I am not sure the new website improved the experience for any traveller.
Old Aug 12, 2017, 4:45 am

Programs: BAEC Silver,, Oman Air Gold
Seat Selection now possible

Originally Posted by Enthilza
The only positive side of the new website is that you can actually buy Business for inbound and eco for outbound (and vice versa), something that I was never able to do on the old site. Apart from that (which is a feature most of us won't use frequently), I am not sure the new website improved the experience for any traveller.
I'm getting more used to it now and I do prefer it to the old one in many respects. Today is the 100th day out from a flight to IST and tomorrow an onward flight to SGN. I was delighted to see that I am now able to select seats for the first leg to IST via the new website instead of tweeting the help desk or, God forbid, ringing the call centre.

I shall select the seats for SGN leg tomorrow.

So that is one (small!) improvement!
Old Aug 12, 2017, 6:35 am
Suspended

Programs: *A G, OW S.
Originally Posted by Enthilza
Totally agree the new site is not an improvement and also beware, I've used new and old to test a booking, on the new site the same thing was significantly more expensive than on the old - meaning more than 10% more.
Old Aug 14, 2017, 11:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
I love the new website. I have never been able to figure out to enter APIS info, select seats or special meals on the old website. I have no problems with the new website. Well at least I didn't a few weeks ago.

Now I can't access it.

I have an award ticket booked with my UA miles (016 ticket stock) on TK. Is it possible to choose seats/meals on the old site without calling in?
Old Aug 15, 2017, 2:37 am

Programs: BAEC Silver,, Oman Air Gold
Originally Posted by margarita girl
I love the new website. I have never been able to figure out to enter APIS info, select seats or special meals on the old website. I have no problems with the new website. Well at least I didn't a few weeks ago.

Now I can't access it.

I have an award ticket booked with my UA miles (016 ticket stock) on TK. Is it possible to choose seats/meals on the old site without calling in?
Until the new website came I would send a Direct Message on Twitter to @TK_HelpDesk and they would select seats for me in a matter of an hour or two. I'm sure they could select special meal as well.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 6:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Thanks. I did it the way I've always done it. Picked up the phone and called.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 4:24 pm

The switch to old website button has gone. Anyway to access the old website?
Old Aug 16, 2017, 3:51 am

Programs: FB Gold - M&S Gold
I still have the old one. The new one was available for a couple of weeks some time ago but they reverted to the old one quickly. The only way for me to access the new one is through a VPN so I guess you could access the old one with a VPN set to Afghanistan if you want to.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 6:16 am
Suspended

Programs: *A G, OW S.
Originally Posted by khkchan
The switch to old website button has gone. Anyway to access the old website?
The old version is here - at least for now!

http://www.turkishairlines.com/en-gb?returnoldversion
Old Aug 16, 2017, 9:00 am

Programs: TK*G
Just in case you are lost in locating where to find 'how many miles will you earn with this booking class':

https://p.turkishairlines.com/en-gb/...nes/index.html

https://p.turkishairlines.com/en-gb/...ers/index.html
Old Aug 19, 2017, 3:17 am
formerly known as Tad's Broiled Steaks
Shangri-La Contributor Badge

The new TK site is as clunky as the "new" US3 sites...have been using the old version since the switch.
Old Sep 2, 2017, 3:23 am

Programs: *G, used to be with TK but left due to their corruption and political ties
Award info

Does anyone know where I can find the award chart and rules for upgrading tickets on the new website?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.