Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New version of THY.com

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2017, 1:38 pm

Programs: UA Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by starflyergold
The "new" website is still only available in a very limited number of countries, apparently TK are unable to roll it out globally. Not surprising given its poor IT track record.
I am sorry but it's quite common to roll out a new website slowly to make sure the transition is smooth. Big compagnies like Google do it as well (with Youtube frequently for example). It allows you to test the website without affecting 100% of your visitors in case of bugs/load issues.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 10:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

mict. This thread started over 13 months ago, and the new site started about a month before that. I know of no serious company that takes 14 months to roll out a website. In fact I know many that might have rolled out half a dozen in that amount of time. Using your Yahoo example, forgetting that the amount of info on their homepage changes literally by the minute (or even second) I would posit from my own recollection that they have done at least 6 major redesigns in that same amount of time.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 10:47 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Mict
I am sorry but it's quite common to roll out a new website slowly to make sure the transition is smooth.
Right. You role it out to a small percentage of users, find and fix the bugs with it, and then roll it out to more people.

But over a year after it was first rolled out the new website is still horribly broken, with countless issues that they seem to have made absolutely no effort to fix.

So far I've only found two things on the new website that actually work - the advanced seat selection (ok, so that only works about 25% of the time - but that's still better than nothing), and the "Revert to old version" link at the bottom of the page...
Old Jul 27, 2017, 5:50 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by docbert

But over a year after it was first rolled out the new website is still horribly broken, with countless issues that they seem to have made absolutely no effort to fix.
Agree - new web site is more buggy that the old one...
Old Jul 27, 2017, 1:41 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, AS MVP
Looks like the new site is up for everyone.
Old Jul 28, 2017, 2:09 am

Programs: Skywards Gold, TK Elite +, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Granite64
Not yet up in Ghana without using a VPN
Old Jul 28, 2017, 8:26 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by Granite64
It certainly appeared in Belgium.
Old Jul 28, 2017, 9:17 am

Programs: M&S Elite+
Just tried to make a booking with miles by phone. The agent said to call back in 2 hours as their systems are down...
Old Jul 28, 2017, 10:28 am

The weird thing here is: Whatever email I receive from TK - if I click on any embedded link I am landing on the absolutely useless HOMEPAGE of the new website https://p.turkishairlines.com/. It never leads me to the information that I want to read (and TK wants to tell me about) - and I can also not find it anywhere after that on my own. I have tried different browsers and always the same. This happens for many months now. They can not seriously want that to happen, can they? Or is it just me?
Old Jul 28, 2017, 11:52 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Donegal
The weird thing here is: Whatever email I receive from TK - if I click on any embedded link I am landing on the absolutely useless HOMEPAGE of the new website https://p.turkishairlines.com/.
It's not just emails - the same is true for Google searching. Basically it sees you're from one of the countries that gets the new site, so it redirects you to it - completely ignoring which page you were after.

The workaround is to let it redirect you, click on the 'Revert to old site' link on the bottom, and then click on the original link again - at which point it will take you were you want to go without redirecting you to the new site.

Avoiding this is web design 101 (and search optimization 101), but... well...
Old Jul 29, 2017, 2:59 am

Originally Posted by docbert
It's not just emails - the same is true for Google searching. Basically it sees you're from one of the countries that gets the new site, so it redirects you to it - completely ignoring which page you were after.

The workaround is to let it redirect you, click on the 'Revert to old site' link on the bottom, and then click on the original link again - at which point it will take you were you want to go without redirecting you to the new site.

Avoiding this is web design 101 (and search optimization 101), but... well...
Thanks a lot docbert. This indeed works. Great help. TK should thank you too.
Old Jul 30, 2017, 6:00 am
Suspended

Programs: SQ LPPS, A3 *G, BA Silver aiming for Bronze
I've seen it for the first time in the UK and not impressed, it's slow, too many graphics on the booking pages slowing it down and you can't state on the first screen that you want business class so you get economy fares and then have to change things.

I reverted to the old site to book, I didn't trust the new one at all.
Old Jul 30, 2017, 3:17 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by dcfromdc
Wow - I travel this weekend, and I was able to add my United MileagePlus number to my reservation. And, I called them to confirm that it was in fact attached now. This is kind of a big deal because their old res system rejected UA's alphanumeric numbers. So, TK seems to have gotten an upgrade on both the front-end and back-end.
Interesting because when I tried to use the new system to book a ticket it wouldn't even let me enter the letters from my UA FF#. I went to the old website which at least let me enter it. We'll see if it sticks.
Old Aug 2, 2017, 6:17 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver,, Oman Air Gold
Booked my first flight on the new website.

A great improvement.

I like the fact you can know put in your APIS details at time of booking and change seat selection once made and that the manage my booking option brings up your booked flights automatically and tells you how many miles you will earn from them to save you having to use the calculator.
Old Aug 3, 2017, 2:11 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Is it just me or does the "new" site only show bonus miles and not status miles in the M&S account section?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.