Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

Best (silent) seat on TK A330-300 C Class?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2016, 5:25 am
Original Poster

Which seat would you choose on a long overnight service to catch sleep and not be disturbed?

I assume it would be 3A or 3K as this seat should be not so affected by staff/pax walking through the cabin and the activty in the galleys (as the two galleys are as far away as possible).

Anybody has advice based on own experience? Thanks.
Old May 25, 2016, 1:12 pm
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Most of the service is done from the front galley/bar area, apart from the main course that is served from the aft galley.

Tell the F/A's you do not want to be disturbed (they will be genuinely surprised) and you will be fine in row 3. There are also 'do not disturb' stickers in the in the amenity kits.
Old May 25, 2016, 7:55 pm

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Most importantly (and obviously), move to a seat without seat neighbor if available. I find it very difficult to sleep while my seat buddy goes through the full monty of inflight F&B that TK inevitably pulls off after departure, no matter what time of the day it is.
Old May 26, 2016, 1:25 am

Programs: Oneworld Sapphire (QR Gold), SkyTeam Elite Plus (ITA Volare)
I traveled on TK in C a few months ago, on a A330-300. Had an aisle seat, third row. When I was about to sleep I noticed how the floor/seat would move slightly when crew members walked up and down the aisle, which was annoying when I was just about to fall asleep. I guess a window seat is better if you don't want any disturbance. After all, I managed to get 5+ hours of sleep and had a great experience.
Old May 26, 2016, 5:31 am

Programs: TK E+, AA PLAT
3K is my preferred seat, but to be honest I generally don't have a problem falling a sleep regards of where I am in the cabin.
Old Jul 10, 2016, 12:32 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the helpful advice!

Allow me one more question please:
How about the lavatories? I see there is one at door 1l/galley 1 which is obviously dedicated to business class. How about the two lavatories after doors 2 in galley 2? Are these for economy or business class in th A330-300?
Old Jul 10, 2016, 6:28 pm

Originally Posted by Donegal
Thanks for the helpful advice!

Allow me one more question please:
How about the lavatories? I see there is one at door 1l/galley 1 which is obviously dedicated to business class. How about the two lavatories after doors 2 in galley 2? Are these for economy or business class in th A330-300?
They have "business class passengers only" stickers on them, but in my 4 flights on a330 metal I've never seen that actually enforced and quite many Y pax use them.
Old Jul 13, 2016, 9:32 am

The two in galley 2 are used by all. They are not J toilets as they do not have flowers in them (in very small holder, not a huge vase)!
Old Jul 13, 2016, 11:52 am

Programs: TK elite+(*gold), Marriott Lifetime Platinum, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond, (Ex-Hyatt Diamond/Globalist)
You should be fine in any row as long as you have a window seat with no one climbing over you.
I had 5 or 6 long range overnight TK flights during the last 2 years, 2 in the 777 and the other ones in the A330.

I am a very light sleeper, easily disturbed/woken by any light or noise.
TK has very comfy seats, and by the way the part around your head builds a cradle/some kind of "light + noise shield", you should be fine if you use an eye mask and ear plugs. I have the Bose QC20 (in ear) and an App that creates water sounds on my phone to further block out voices etc ("Ambio" for Android). And I take half an unisom tab to make me fall asleep.
Even with my seat neighbors being strangers who had the full menu or watched movies, I could easily skip the menu and immediately fall asleep.

Of the 9 or 10 star Alliance carriers I had long range overnight flights with in C class, TK and SQ are the ones where I slept best and ALWAYS slept very well (OS & BR were also good, NZ was ok, but on AC, LH, LX and SA I had trouble sleeping even with the strategies mentioned above).

For the restrooms, my experience has been the same as the other posters already mentioned. So you have people from economy using them, but when I wanted to use the restroom, there was always one available or at least I was the first in line (both occupied but no one else in line).
Old Jul 18, 2016, 8:10 am

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
I have trouble sleeping well on TK flights because they keep the cabins too warm. They say they are supposed to keep them at 23 or 24 deg C, but even when set to these temperatures, the cabins often actually register 25 or 26 deg C on my travel thermometer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.