Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

Application of 'Most Significant Carrier' Agreement

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2016, 10:09 pm
Original Poster

I am totally confused about application of this MSC rule.

My flight schedule is;

WAW - IST with Aegean Airlines 23kg x 2 pieces baggage allowance

IST - MLX with Turkish Airlines 20kg x 1 piece baggage allowance

I bought them from different agencies.

What I am wondering is MSC applicable for my situation?

Thanks for your help.
Old May 25, 2016, 10:00 am

Programs: A3 Gold, AY Silver
If they were on a single ticket, MSC would dictate that you would get 2x23kg for both sectors. However, as the flights are on different tickets, MSC does not apply. You should be able to through-check your bag(s) by showing both tickets when checking in in WAW, but for the second leg you would need to pay according to TK's rules.
Old May 25, 2016, 1:07 pm
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by clifford79
If they were on a single ticket, MSC would dictate that you would get 2x23kg for both sectors. However, as the flights are on different tickets, MSC does not apply. You should be able to through-check your bag(s) by showing both tickets when checking in in WAW, but for the second leg you would need to pay according to TK's rules.
Exactly! MSC means nothing if you are on 2 separate tickets!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.