Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

TK says seats blocked, website says otherwise

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2016, 7:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K

So I called TK to get seats for the family traveling on the 777 V2 (economy starts at 11).
Both expertflyer and the TK website (when I go to book a ticket) show seats open in row 11 and 42(D & G). The phone rep said
"All seats in row 11 are blocked and only 42D is open"

What gives? I can select the seats on-line while booking, but I can't change to them now? Is this normal?
Old Apr 27, 2016, 8:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K
Interesting

Called back to book the Mother in-law's seat and the guy
1. Instantly looked up her reservation based on the UA ticket# (previous person took 5 minutes)
2. Said row 11 was wide open and put her there
3. Put her in 42G

Was so shocked, I forgot to inquire about changing the rest of family. So I called back and...
Got ANOTHER person who said that while she could put us there, we were subject to being moved if a passenger with a bassinet needed the seat (understood).

Anyway, very inconsistent experiences.
Old Apr 27, 2016, 10:16 pm

Programs: TK Miles & Smiles Elite Plus
Originally Posted by doug_999

Anyway, very inconsistent experiences.
Welcome to TK

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.