Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is Elite Plus worth it?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2016, 3:44 pm

Programs: TK Elite+
Originally Posted by LH4116
but crediting an extra 120K miles (80K to qualify + 40K to requalify) in a year doesn't seem worth it for now.
To requalify 40k within the year (or 60k within 2 years) after you qualify.
Old Apr 29, 2016, 6:15 am

Programs: TK M&S Elite+ - Marriott Rewards Gold - Hertz 5 Stars
just used my 2 E+ upgrades in flight to China/HK from Y tickets of about 500€...definitely worth to me

surley if never using TK it would be less interesting but qualify for 4 guaranteed years Gold is a good opportuntity
Old May 1, 2016, 2:30 pm

Programs: TK Elite+ HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by TPJ
What? Never happened to me - and I am E+ flying in C-class (Company Travel Policy) only.
Might have been TAV "primeclass" Meet & Greet paid service.
Old Feb 11, 2017, 9:18 am

Programs: *G and whatever else I can match to....
New to TK E - Any updates?

I just qualified for TK E/*G (BIS since October, not status match). Now I'm wondering what the marginal value is of going for E+, beyond the standard *G benefits.

I'm based in BOG, where TK does fly but for which it's not always the cheapest. Work trips (usually 1-2x/yr to GVA/BUD) and leisure travel (1-2x/yr to LAX, MAD) are in Y.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts/advice...

Cheers
Michael
Old Feb 12, 2017, 12:35 am

Programs: TK Elite (*G), DL Gold (MM)
As mentioned above, E+ is worth it if you fly TK and can make use of the two annual upgrades. If you are using Miles&Smiles just to maintain *G status and don't travel much on TK metal, it's probably not worth chasing.
Old Feb 12, 2017, 9:59 am

Programs: TK E+, AA PLAT
Originally Posted by Michael
I just qualified for TK E/*G (BIS since October, not status match). Now I'm wondering what the marginal value is of going for E+, beyond the standard *G benefits.
In addition to ovenman's comment above you will also be able to gift *G to a member of your family for 40K miles. Might be useful for some.

Just a a quick note on the E+ vouchers, you can only use them on flights with J class availability, and only for yourself.
Old Feb 12, 2017, 10:42 am

Originally Posted by Michael

I'm based in BOG, where TK does fly but for which it's not always the cheapest. Work trips (usually 1-2x/yr to GVA/BUD) and leisure travel (1-2x/yr to LAX, MAD) are in Y.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts/advice...

Cheers
Michael
The most valuable advantages:
*complimentary uprages 2 times in a year from economy to business class ( card owner only);
*you can gift Elite Card to anybody using from your account 40000 miles (can be done 3 Elite Card gifts to any person);
*Family membership account (all bonus miles earning by your family members can be counted to your card);
*175% miles can be counted to your card using business class on TK flights;
*you can complete all check in fomalities directly in CIP lounge (IST/ADB/ESB/AYT/SAW airports ONLY).
Rest the same like for Elite card memebers.
Old Feb 12, 2017, 12:43 pm

Programs: TK E+, AA PLAT
Originally Posted by foggy traveler
*complimentary uprages 2 times in a year from economy to business class ( card owner only);
*you can gift Elite Card to anybody using from your account 40000 miles (can be done 3 Elite Card gifts to any person);
*Family membership account (all bonus miles earning by your family members can be counted to your card);
*175% miles can be counted to your card using business class on TK flights;
*you can complete all check in fomalities directly in CIP lounge (IST/ADB/ESB/AYT/SAW airports ONLY).
Rest the same like for Elite card memebers.
Apart from 1&2 then all of those benefits benefits of Elite as well
Old Feb 13, 2017, 2:40 am

Programs: BA Gold, TP Silver
Originally Posted by foggy traveler
This is of course 2 upgrades, not 2 times a year. So one return flight already uses up these two.

This is new. Never heard about this in IST. You need to have checked in already when accessing the CIP lounge.
Old Feb 13, 2017, 2:49 am

Programs: TK Elite+, HIlton Diamond, Delta Gold, Marriott Silver

This is new. Never heard about this in IST. You need to have checked in already when accessing the CIP lounge.
I am assuming it was meant for domestic CIP, which can also be used by Classic Plus members to complete check in formalities, so nothing special.
Old Feb 15, 2017, 3:03 pm

The only other value is that you will drop down to Elite if you lose Elite+, so getting to Elite+ means the end of your Elite+ period AND 2 more years of Star Gold even if you credit 0 more miles to TK

I am Elite+ and have been crediting to TK for a while, but the accumulation rates are really quite bad, and no bonus tiers for having higher status is painful compared to the huge bonus rates you get on other carriers

However, once you get it the first time, it's pretty easy to maintain (40k miles in 1 year or 60k in 2) compared to other top statuses
Old Aug 7, 2017, 1:14 pm

Does TK give free premium extra leg room seats for Elite Plus members?
Old Aug 7, 2017, 1:25 pm

Programs: TK M&S, LH MM, Global Entry, Hertz Gold, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by ILman
No. I'm also pessimistic about TK considering this possibility in the future.

Last edited by gr8pirate; Aug 7, 2017 at 1:25 pm Reason: Fat fingers
Old Aug 7, 2017, 4:53 pm

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
Originally Posted by ILman
Although not published officially, I tend to get front row seats when I fly Y (unless I choose seats prior) so they must have some kind of seat assignment rules, so you can say probably.
Old Aug 7, 2017, 7:14 pm

My question is if they would give it to me in advance and if they would give it to my companions for free as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.