Search

TK and Miles on CA

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2016, 4:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK Gold, Accor Gold
TK and Miles on CA

Hi All,

A few months ago I booked a flight with Air China in L Class. Back then the award chart on Miles&Smiles said that L Class gave 50% miles on domestic flights and 75% on international.

As the flight is approaching, I wanted to double check. Now when I go on the Miles&Smiles page dedicated to Air China I only see the chart for domestic flights (50%) but the international one has disappeared.

Does this mean all flights will earn 50% or you reckon it's just an error on the website?
Old Apr 14, 2016, 5:13 am

It might be an error (they upgraded the chart and forgot to add a line) or it might be that L is not earning anything anymore.

Considering that on M&M (one of the most stingy programs within *A ) CA L still earns 50% miles (and isn't in the cheapest bucket) for international travel, I'd say it PROBABLY is just an error, and L still earns on TK as well. I'd make sure by checking maybe another 2 or 3 programs - if they're all on "earning" regarding L, your chances are very good. Or just contact TK and ask them..

In case it's no error and indeed off the chart for real, there is no way to get the miles. Within *A, the general "rule" is that you only get the miles that were "promised" during time of booking when you credit the miles to the airlines program that you actually flew on. And even then you've to credit them manually, ie sending emails or even your boarding pass and "proof" that "L" was earning 50% at time of booking etc. - in short, very annoying process.
Old Apr 14, 2016, 6:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK Gold, Accor Gold
Thing is not just L disappeared but the whole chart for international flights ! that makes me think it might be an error?
Old Apr 25, 2016, 10:09 pm

Programs: Krisflyer, Asia Miles, Miles and Bonus
Earning Miles and Smiles points on Air China flights - clarification needed

Hi, I have some upcoming flights on Air China and would like to credit the miles earned to my Miles and Smiles account. When I checked the table on http://www.turkishairlines.com/en-us...able-air-china for the accrual level for my fare codes, I noticed that it seems to apply only to CA domestic routes. Can anyone clarify whether this is a mistake? If yes, does the table apply to CA international routes as well? Thanks.
Old Apr 26, 2016, 6:49 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
The search function is your friend

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/turki...air-china.html
Old Apr 26, 2016, 1:12 pm

Programs: Krisflyer, Asia Miles, Miles and Bonus
Originally Posted by airoli
Thanks. Somehow, I did not see the thread.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.