Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2016, 8:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: CoweyB
Update January 2016: Recent reports indicate the unofficial status match programme is running reasonably smoothly.

TK will only match Star Alliance Gold , Skyteam Elite Plus, Oneworld Emerald members, Emirates and Etihad Gold/Platinum and El Al Platinum/Top Platinum. Other, more exotic, gold card holders are out of luck. Please report your experience in this thread.

It appears that status matches are only granted once per lifetime, so think carefully before requesting if you might not re-qualify.

Please note that the only way to contact TK is now via the website

2/6/2015 new info from TK
We have received your message that you sent to our unit on 20 January 2015. Please be informed that when you claim your first flight with Turkish Airlines or other Star Alliance members to your Miles&Smiles account, your card will be sent to your address automatically.

On the otherhand, we would like to remind you that you can also get your original Miles&Smiles Card from Card Press Desk at Ataturk Airport International Terminal between 07.30 A.M and 09.45 PM. The location of Card Press desk is between A and B Check-in counters.

4/7/2015
Adding this Step-by-Step guide with screenshots to TK Status Match
http://dcta.boardingarea.com/2015/02...-status-match/

26/7/2015 - Jerry
TK asks for Elite card scan AND Account activity within last 2 months, so it's best if you have some activities!!
Timeline can range from few hours to few days, be patient!

21/9/2015 - Neil791
For those reporting successful matches, can you please post your results as follows so others can estimate their wait times, success rates

02/11/2015 - flolee
It looks like TK might also ask you for a scan of your Passport now. So if you are in a hurry better submit it right away in the first place with all the other documents.

Date Requested
Current Airline and Status (i.e. AB TopBonus, AA Plat, etc)
Information submitted (i.e. physical card scan, activity statement, etc)
Any replies received other than confirmation
Date Confirmation Received

03/01/2016 - zap7
Multiple reports from December 16th 2015 onwards state that TK now only grants a match to 4 months "elite trial", requiring 1 international TK flight during the 4 months following the match to extend it to one year and 15000 k TK status miles during that year to extend elite status to 2 years:
Welcome Miles&Smiles Turkish Airlines' advantageous Frequent Flyer Programme. Elite card trial period will be valid for 4 months. As of start date of elite membership within 4 months trial period one international Turkish Airlines flight should be realised for extending your card validity date to 1 year, if 15.000 status miles accumulate at the end of the first year elite membership will extend 1 year more and the total validity date will be 2 years.
04/01/2017 - CoweyB. There appear to be issues with TK automatically extending Elite membership for a second year even if the 15,000 status miles have been accumulated. Some FTers are reporting downgrades to Classic Plus instead
Print Wikipost

TK status match (2016)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2016, 12:25 am

Programs: BAEC Silver,, Oman Air Gold
After the four month trial

I was given the four month challenge on 24 December 2015. Since then I have taken four flights with TK and two with OU and all my miles have credited nicely. I was told when I inquired with TK that after 26 April, my Elite status would automatically be extended to a full year until December 2016, although when I logged on today, I see my expiry date is still showing as 26 April 2016, although I haven't been downgraded to Classic Plus.

Has anyone who was given the four month challenge before 24 December had their status extended to a full year yet? And if so how long did it take to get an Elite card issued with the later date?
Old Apr 28, 2016, 10:18 am

Programs: BA Executive Club Gold, TK Smiles and Miles, Hilton Honors
My Experience

Hello,
I thought I would share my recent experience with you about a request for a Status Match. Firstly I have to say that if I had looked at this thread on the TK forum then the situation I find myself in would not have happened as I would have planned my application differently.
I became aware of the possibility of Status Match on the BA Executive Club forum. I am a BA Gold (Emerald) card holder and this September until the end of the year I and 3 colleagues will be doing extensive travelling to DXB, DEL and TYO. I wanted to use TK as their timings are better for us and to save time by not going via London every time (our local airport has a TK service). So I applied for a Status Match earlier this week thinking that it might take some time (at least that was what I read on the BA forum) so I could be ready to fly TK from September. Unfortunately (for me) they processed it very quickly and was given 4 months trial period with Elite Status. This expires on 28th August and I will not be able to travel on TK until September which means I will have lost the Status Match. I did discuss it with TK and even offered two solutions to allow me to benefit 1) Delay the 4 month trial period by 1 month so that September would be included or 2) cancel my request and I would reapply in 1 month time. Both these were rejected.
I am very disappointed by their decision as they appear to be very inflexible to individual situations. I know that companies have to have processes and procedures. I work in a customer-facing area myself and we also have such processes. However there are times when, for customer satisfaction and retention it is necessary to adjust them, and we do!
So I am resigned now to accepting that I will have travel via London each time in order to be comfortable in transit.
So although I understand that TK need to have rules I think they are too inflexible when it comes to certain situations.
Cheers
Steve
Old Apr 29, 2016, 2:33 am

Programs: Skywards Gold, TK Elite +, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Boyfrombiot
Hello,
I thought I would share my recent experience with you about a request for a Status Match. Firstly I have to say that if I had looked at this thread on the TK forum then the situation I find myself in would not have happened as I would have planned my application differently....

I did discuss it with TK and even offered two solutions to allow me to benefit 1) Delay the 4 month trial period by 1 month so that September would be included or 2) cancel my request and I would reapply in 1 month time. Both these were rejected...

I am very disappointed by their decision as they appear to be very inflexible to individual situations....

So although I understand that TK need to have rules I think they are too inflexible when it comes to certain situations.
Sounds to me that you're saying that even though you understand that TK has rules that they must enforce, you feel like they shouldn't apply to you? Sounds a tiny bit self-entitled to me. For companies to be flexible with their policies there must be a much bigger reason than poor planning (Such as a death in the family or illness). While I am sympathetic to your situation, you were aware of the 4 month trial period before you applied for the status match. Applying in April for your flight in September is a bit overkill.
Old Apr 29, 2016, 6:53 am

Originally Posted by CoweyB
I was given the four month challenge on 24 December 2015. Since then I have taken four flights with TK and two with OU and all my miles have credited nicely. I was told when I inquired with TK that after 26 April, my Elite status would automatically be extended to a full year until December 2016, although when I logged on today, I see my expiry date is still showing as 26 April 2016, although I haven't been downgraded to Classic Plus.

Has anyone who was given the four month challenge before 24 December had their status extended to a full year yet? And if so how long did it take to get an Elite card issued with the later date?
Hi CoweyB,
any update here? mine will expire next week and I did two international flights and 35000 miles. Would be nice if it will be extended automatically or if I have to open a case here.
Thanks
Old Apr 29, 2016, 8:01 am

Programs: BA Executive Club Gold, TK Smiles and Miles, Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by EK788
Sounds to me that you're saying that even though you understand that TK has rules that they must enforce, you feel like they shouldn't apply to you? Sounds a tiny bit self-entitled to me. For companies to be flexible with their policies there must be a much bigger reason than poor planning (Such as a death in the family or illness). While I am sympathetic to your situation, you were aware of the 4 month trial period before you applied for the status match. Applying in April for your flight in September is a bit overkill.
In fact, no I was not aware that it would have been a 4 month trial period - if I had looked at the TK forum then I would have known, that is what I meant by saying had I known I would have planned differently.
No, I was not saying that their rules should not apply to me. Both of the solutions I proposed to them would have still been within their rules/policies. Thank you for your response anyway - good to know that it is not only the BA Forum where such responses can appear!
Cheers
Steve
Old Apr 29, 2016, 2:27 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold, TK Elite +, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Boyfrombiot
...if I had looked at the TK forum then I would have known, that is what I meant by saying had I known I would have planned differently...
Ah I see. I didn't read that part. In that case I apologize.
Old May 4, 2016, 2:56 am

Anyone already passed the 4 month trial period with flying international flights and 15k miles? Is the status extended automatically or do we need to open a support ticket?
Mine will expire on May 10th but I did 5 int. flights and 40k miles so I want to know what the procedure is!?
Thanks
Old May 4, 2016, 3:32 am

Originally Posted by renners
Anyone already passed the 4 month trial period with flying international flights and 15k miles? Is the status extended automatically or do we need to open a support ticket?
Mine will expire on May 10th but I did 5 int. flights and 40k miles so I want to know what the procedure is!?
Thanks
same Q here.

Did the int flight but expires 16/05.
Have a *A flight on 17/05 so hope it will be extended already by then.
Old May 7, 2016, 1:35 am

Programs: Krisflyer, Asia Miles, Miles and Bonus
Help needed on status match

Hi, I hope someone can advise me on what to do with the following situation. I first applied for a status match to Tk gold for my spouse on 21 Apr 2016 through the online form. I attached the front and back of her A3 gold card, transaction history for A3, passport, scanned copies of boarding passes and upcoming flights on a star alliance airline to get them to expedite the request. Two days later, I received a reply from Tk asking her to go to the nearest Tk office to apply for the status match. I was very upset because I have not come anyone who applied for a status match being told to do this. I called the customer service and was told the reply was a mistake and the CSO sent another request to rectify this. After that, I called every day to check on the status but was only told the application was in progress. On 30 April 2016, I talked to one CSO who told me to apply again. I did with the same documents and was given another feedback number. When I talked to a CSO just now about the second request, I was told again to go to the nearest Tk office to apply for the status match. I am absolutely upset over this as I am not sure the sales office is in charge of status match applications. Has anyone encountered this situation before when applying for a status match? If yes, how did you solve the issue? Should I apply a third time? If yes, will my spouse get the match before 13 May 2016 when we will be taking our next star alliance flights?

Also, why is Tk handling status match applications in such a messy manner? Someo people can get matched in a few hours, while other people have to wait for weeks.

Thanks.
Old May 7, 2016, 3:39 pm

Originally Posted by bensim
Hi, I hope someone can advise me on what to do with the following situation. I first applied for a status match to Tk gold for my spouse on 21 Apr 2016 through the online form. I attached the front and back of her A3 gold card, transaction history for A3, passport, scanned copies of boarding passes and upcoming flights on a star alliance airline to get them to expedite the request. Two days later, I received a reply from Tk asking her to go to the nearest Tk office to apply for the status match. I was very upset because I have not come anyone who applied for a status match being told to do this. I called the customer service and was told the reply was a mistake and the CSO sent another request to rectify this. After that, I called every day to check on the status but was only told the application was in progress. On 30 April 2016, I talked to one CSO who told me to apply again. I did with the same documents and was given another feedback number. When I talked to a CSO just now about the second request, I was told again to go to the nearest Tk office to apply for the status match. I am absolutely upset over this as I am not sure the sales office is in charge of status match applications. Has anyone encountered this situation before when applying for a status match? If yes, how did you solve the issue? Should I apply a third time? If yes, will my spouse get the match before 13 May 2016 when we will be taking our next star alliance flights?

Also, why is Tk handling status match applications in such a messy manner? Someo people can get matched in a few hours, while other people have to wait for weeks.

Thanks.
I have seen colleagues in China asked to do the same when the CS people felt the materials were faked/Photoshoped etc. They wanted the people to go to the local sales office with the orginals so the sales staff could verify before doing their upgrades.
Old May 8, 2016, 9:07 am

Originally Posted by nickkilla
I have seen colleagues in China asked to do the same when the CS people felt the materials were faked/Photoshoped etc. They wanted the people to go to the local sales office with the orginals so the sales staff could verify before doing their upgrades.
Thanks. My spouse has a Chinese passport. I guess we will go to the nearest Tk office with the A3 gold card and feedback number. Is there anything else we should bring? Do the Tk local sales people understand what is status match? Thanks.
Old May 9, 2016, 2:59 pm

Thanks. My spouse has a Chinese passport. I guess we will go to the nearest Tk office with the A3 gold card and feedback number. Is there anything else we should bring? Do the Tk local sales people understand what is status match? Thanks.
They took their original member card, passport, print out of miles activity for past 2-3 months and the feedback numbers.
Old May 9, 2016, 4:17 pm

Originally Posted by nickkilla
They took their original member card, passport, print out of miles activity for past 2-3 months and the feedback numbers.
Thanks. I understand the need to show the original member card and passport. As for the printout of miles activity, isn't it the same as the pdf copy we would submit when making the request online? Thanks.
Old May 10, 2016, 9:00 pm

Thanks. I understand the need to show the original member card and passport. As for the printout of miles activity, isn't it the same as the pdf copy we would submit when making the request online? Thanks.
Should be the same. Not sure if needed, but they took a copy anyway to show it wasn't PS'd also.
Old May 11, 2016, 6:15 am
c2h

Programs: QR-PLT, AM-Platino, TK-Elite
Does anyone know if purchasing 10,000 status miles (+ 5,000 BIS) would be eligible for the two year extension? And does it has to be done on TK exclusively or a mixture of Star Alliance as long as one TK long haul is in the mix.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.