Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2016, 8:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: CoweyB
Update January 2016: Recent reports indicate the unofficial status match programme is running reasonably smoothly.

TK will only match Star Alliance Gold , Skyteam Elite Plus, Oneworld Emerald members, Emirates and Etihad Gold/Platinum and El Al Platinum/Top Platinum. Other, more exotic, gold card holders are out of luck. Please report your experience in this thread.

It appears that status matches are only granted once per lifetime, so think carefully before requesting if you might not re-qualify.

Please note that the only way to contact TK is now via the website

2/6/2015 new info from TK
We have received your message that you sent to our unit on 20 January 2015. Please be informed that when you claim your first flight with Turkish Airlines or other Star Alliance members to your Miles&Smiles account, your card will be sent to your address automatically.

On the otherhand, we would like to remind you that you can also get your original Miles&Smiles Card from Card Press Desk at Ataturk Airport International Terminal between 07.30 A.M and 09.45 PM. The location of Card Press desk is between A and B Check-in counters.

4/7/2015
Adding this Step-by-Step guide with screenshots to TK Status Match
http://dcta.boardingarea.com/2015/02...-status-match/

26/7/2015 - Jerry
TK asks for Elite card scan AND Account activity within last 2 months, so it's best if you have some activities!!
Timeline can range from few hours to few days, be patient!

21/9/2015 - Neil791
For those reporting successful matches, can you please post your results as follows so others can estimate their wait times, success rates

02/11/2015 - flolee
It looks like TK might also ask you for a scan of your Passport now. So if you are in a hurry better submit it right away in the first place with all the other documents.

Date Requested
Current Airline and Status (i.e. AB TopBonus, AA Plat, etc)
Information submitted (i.e. physical card scan, activity statement, etc)
Any replies received other than confirmation
Date Confirmation Received

03/01/2016 - zap7
Multiple reports from December 16th 2015 onwards state that TK now only grants a match to 4 months "elite trial", requiring 1 international TK flight during the 4 months following the match to extend it to one year and 15000 k TK status miles during that year to extend elite status to 2 years:
Welcome Miles&Smiles Turkish Airlines' advantageous Frequent Flyer Programme. Elite card trial period will be valid for 4 months. As of start date of elite membership within 4 months trial period one international Turkish Airlines flight should be realised for extending your card validity date to 1 year, if 15.000 status miles accumulate at the end of the first year elite membership will extend 1 year more and the total validity date will be 2 years.
04/01/2017 - CoweyB. There appear to be issues with TK automatically extending Elite membership for a second year even if the 15,000 status miles have been accumulated. Some FTers are reporting downgrades to Classic Plus instead
Print Wikipost

TK status match (2016)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2016, 1:22 am

INT flight done

Hi everyone,

yesterday I did my first international flight with TK after the status match. I will let you know as soon as I got any update that my status is now valid for one year.

Regards
Old Jan 22, 2016, 2:19 am

Has someone tried to match a status without flying within the last month?
My OWE status is based on credit card expenses, does TK care about it?
Old Jan 22, 2016, 2:21 pm

account statement showing flights of the last 2 month is needed to get an upgrade.
Old Jan 22, 2016, 2:43 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM
For a lot of US carriers, the new elite year doesn't begin until after January, and we aren't issued credentials until afterwards. TK just got back to me and wants a physical card. I don't have a physical card -- and probably won't have one -- for awhile. I'm a little bummed because I have travel coming up and having *G status would be really helpful.
Old Jan 23, 2016, 7:11 pm

Programs: United, Turkish
DW just got her 2 year card no challenge dated from december. She appplied in November so we may have come under the wire.
Old Jan 24, 2016, 3:55 pm

Programs: TK *G Elite, AZ Gold.
Good for you ^
Old Jan 27, 2016, 1:07 am

15 Jan 2016 - Requested for status match with front image of Aegean's Miles+Bonus Gold card and all past transactions (no recent activity within 2 months).
21 Jan - They replied requesting for image of back of card as well emphasizing that the card needs to have at least minimum of 2 months validity.
24 Jan - Sent back image of card
27 Jan - Received confirmation that I've been given a trial of 4 months. Fly on TK once to extend validity to a year and after extension if I accumulate 15K status miles then it'll be extended for another year (total of 2 years).

They're more responsive than Aegean from experience.
Old Jan 28, 2016, 2:44 am

Match from AB Topbonus Platinum:

19.01. Miles an Smiles Registration
21.01. Document request
25.01. Elite member (4 month trial)
Old Jan 30, 2016, 5:11 pm

Programs: UA Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Did anyone successfully matched with a screenshot of a card? I am Avianca Amigo Gold, they said they will send my card shortly but I don't know when that would be...

I have a TK flight booked in about 5 weeks so would like to match before that to complete the challenge.
Old Jan 31, 2016, 1:42 am

Programs: TK M&S Elite, Saudia Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by Mict
Did anyone successfully matched with a screenshot of a card? I am Avianca Amigo Gold, they said they will send my card shortly but I don't know when that would be...

I have a TK flight booked in about 5 weeks so would like to match before that to complete the challenge.
I tried to match with a screenshot of my card, but they insist to provide only a photo ( front & back) for physically card,
Old Feb 1, 2016, 9:58 pm

Attempted match on December 1st, no response. Resent message December 15th, no response. Final request dated December 22nd, got a response a week later requesting photo of the back of the card. Couldn't respond due to lack of internet overseas until early January, and was turned down due to having less than 2 months active on my card. Responded back with feedback numbers from all requests and explained the lack of contact, and was granted a match. Of course since it was matched in late January, received the 4 month trial. Not sure if a YYZ-IST flight would make sense for the price, although comfort class would grant 13K of the 15K needed quickly. Disappointed, but can't be surprised that the 2 year gift wouldn't last.

Summed up:
Dec 1 - first contact, AC 50K, *G
Dec 15 - second contact
Dec 22 - third contact
Dec 29 - first TK response - request back of card
Jan 13 - response to TK with back of card
Jan 20 - TK response - turned down due to <2 years
Jan 22 - response to TK with data
Jan 27 - Gold trial granted
Old Feb 2, 2016, 6:10 am

Programs: UA Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Wow great experience and very quick match for me.

Requested a Status Match en Sunday.
Tuesday morning, I get asked for the Card Scan and account Statement again (even though I sent everything the first time...)
About 30 minutes!!! after I send the document I log into my account and see I am Elite. (didn't get an email confirming the match though, so don't forget to check your account)

^^^

My expiry dates is in 4 months from now but I have 3 sectors with TK in the next month and will complete the 15k miles requirement for sure within the next few months. Gonna stick with them as my main FF program.
Old Feb 2, 2016, 6:38 am

I had a quick response too, I gave them my Alitalia Gold, passport and also my Velocity Gold, got an email asking for 2 months statement for Alitalia.

As my Alitalia was a status match early this year, there is nil activities, so I didn't provide that, instead I provided my velocity statement, emirates and the upcoming TK flights from Asia to Europe ( 4 segments altogether ) and within 24 hours, I received an email welcoming me as an Elite member for 4 months qualifying.

Given that I will be travelling with them on Monday, the qualifying shouldn't be an issue to retain 1 year of Gold. I wasn't sure if they would approve but it seems they do regardless of which activity statement provided.
Old Feb 2, 2016, 8:06 pm

Programs: AC 75k, IHG Plat, TK Elite, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold Elite, HH Gold
27th Jan - Joined Miles&Smiles
27th Jan - Sent in request for status match with copy of latest Altitude Dashboard
28th Jan - Received request for copy of Passport, Altitude Dashboard and Altitude Card
28th Jan - Sent in requested data (but only sent front side of Altitude Card)
1st Feb - Received request for copy of both sides of Altitude Card
1st Feb - Sent in copy of both sides of 2016/17 Altitude Card (it finally arrived)
2nd Feb - Received notification of match being approved and trial period (4 months) and minimum 15k in 1st year

8th Feb - Next trip to Turkey on TK so will meet trial period
14th Feb - Returning home via TK so will meet 15k minimum
Old Feb 3, 2016, 8:13 am

Programs: BAEC Gold; ITA Platinum; HH Gold
Just been status matched to Elite - very smooth process which only took 24 hours. What is the best/most efficient/cheapest route to get 15,000 status miles? London based but can travel.

Any advice would be appreciated

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.