Old Jan 2, 2016, 8:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: CoweyB
Update January 2016: Recent reports indicate the unofficial status match programme is running reasonably smoothly.

TK will only match Star Alliance Gold , Skyteam Elite Plus, Oneworld Emerald members, Emirates and Etihad Gold/Platinum and El Al Platinum/Top Platinum. Other, more exotic, gold card holders are out of luck. Please report your experience in this thread.

It appears that status matches are only granted once per lifetime, so think carefully before requesting if you might not re-qualify.

Please note that the only way to contact TK is now via the website

2/6/2015 new info from TK
We have received your message that you sent to our unit on 20 January 2015. Please be informed that when you claim your first flight with Turkish Airlines or other Star Alliance members to your Miles&Smiles account, your card will be sent to your address automatically.

On the otherhand, we would like to remind you that you can also get your original Miles&Smiles Card from Card Press Desk at Ataturk Airport International Terminal between 07.30 A.M and 09.45 PM. The location of Card Press desk is between A and B Check-in counters.

4/7/2015
Adding this Step-by-Step guide with screenshots to TK Status Match
http://dcta.boardingarea.com/2015/02...-status-match/

26/7/2015 - Jerry
TK asks for Elite card scan AND Account activity within last 2 months, so it's best if you have some activities!!
Timeline can range from few hours to few days, be patient!

21/9/2015 - Neil791
For those reporting successful matches, can you please post your results as follows so others can estimate their wait times, success rates

02/11/2015 - flolee
It looks like TK might also ask you for a scan of your Passport now. So if you are in a hurry better submit it right away in the first place with all the other documents.

Date Requested
Current Airline and Status (i.e. AB TopBonus, AA Plat, etc)
Information submitted (i.e. physical card scan, activity statement, etc)
Any replies received other than confirmation
Date Confirmation Received

03/01/2016 - zap7
Multiple reports from December 16th 2015 onwards state that TK now only grants a match to 4 months "elite trial", requiring 1 international TK flight during the 4 months following the match to extend it to one year and 15000 k TK status miles during that year to extend elite status to 2 years:
Welcome Miles&Smiles Turkish Airlines' advantageous Frequent Flyer Programme. Elite card trial period will be valid for 4 months. As of start date of elite membership within 4 months trial period one international Turkish Airlines flight should be realised for extending your card validity date to 1 year, if 15.000 status miles accumulate at the end of the first year elite membership will extend 1 year more and the total validity date will be 2 years.
04/01/2017 - CoweyB. There appear to be issues with TK automatically extending Elite membership for a second year even if the 15,000 status miles have been accumulated. Some FTers are reporting downgrades to Classic Plus instead
Print Wikipost

TK status match (2016)

Old Oct 18, 2016, 11:11 am

Programs: TK Elite (*A Gold), Le Club Accorhotels Gold
My 4-month trial period ended 10 October. I had four flights TK. The account was still at this time, Elite (* A Gold). I wrote a message on Twitter. After 3 days (October 13) card expiry date was changed to June 2017. I got a message that my Elite membership is a trial period and must earn 15,000 status miles in first 12 months. I can not buy status miles.

It follows that nothing will happen if in the 12 months I get 25 000 miles. Condition is 15 000 miles.
Old Oct 18, 2016, 11:37 am

Programs: BAEC Silver,, Oman Air Gold
Originally Posted by tomwro
My 4-month trial period ended 10 October. I had four flights TK. The account was still at this time, Elite (* A Gold). I wrote a message on Twitter. After 3 days (October 13) card expiry date was changed to June 2017. I got a message that my Elite membership is a trial period and must earn 15,000 status miles in first 12 months. I can not buy status miles.

It follows that nothing will happen if in the 12 months I get 25 000 miles. Condition is 15 000 miles.
I've done my qualifying flight been extended from four months to a year which expires 26 December. I've currently 7,600 points and my trip to the Ukraine should take me over the 15,000 so I will get the second year - though it seems you have to remind them about that.

What I'm confused about is what happens after that.
Old Oct 20, 2016, 6:56 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, AS MVP
If I get 15000 miles in the first year, how many miles do I need in the second (or first) year to extend with another two years?
Old Oct 20, 2016, 7:01 am

Originally Posted by Granite64
If I get 15000 miles in the first year, how many miles do I need in the second (or first) year to extend with another two years?
15,000 will get you a second year but no-one seems to know what happens after that - or at least no-one has posted about it.

I will trigger 15,000 on Sunday so I'm going to leave it a week to see if my M&S expiry date is extended automatically or not. It seems from earlier posts you have to remind them to do that and I'm planning to ask them at the same time what is required to get further extensions.
Old Oct 20, 2016, 9:56 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, AS MVP
So I asked TK on twitter and they said this:

'TK HelpDesk
Hello, you may get detailed information from this link http://bit.ly/TK-EliteCard . Have a nice day.'

That's a link to TK own website with the basic information about renewing membership but nothing about the status match/challenge...

Horrible customer service...
Old Oct 21, 2016, 5:33 pm

Programs: DL GM, TK Elite+, ITA Executive, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Silver, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by CoweyB
15,000 will get you a second year but no-one seems to know what happens after that - or at least no-one has posted about it.

I will trigger 15,000 on Sunday so I'm going to leave it a week to see if my M&S expiry date is extended automatically or not. It seems from earlier posts you have to remind them to do that and I'm planning to ask them at the same time what is required to get further extensions.
Perfect - pls keep us posted here
Old Oct 23, 2016, 11:15 am

Originally Posted by NightlinerVIE

Yes, I shall. Just on the train home after flying in from KBP via IST. The lounge was very busy but I got locker downstairs for an hour.

Flew on the A300-330 for the first time. I'm assuming it will be this size for my BKK flight next week?

Flights should credit Tues day and take me over 15,000 so I'll report back then or Wednesday.
Old Oct 23, 2016, 11:17 am

Will do.
Old Oct 24, 2016, 10:24 am

Well my flights credited (interesting the return one was from a different airport in Ukraine than the one I actually used but I got the same points) but my card status message has stays the same (on trial get 15,000 status miles to extend another year). I now exceed that.

I sent a DM to my new best friends on TK_HelpDesk who responded very quickly but very unhelpfully said ring the call centre...

So I chickened out and sent an email by feedback. It usually takes a week to hear back and I'll let you know what they say. By the time they reply I will then have completed 25,000 status miles with my trip to BKK but I prefer to get 2017 sorted first before asking for another two to end 2019...
Old Oct 31, 2016, 7:58 pm

Programs: LH: SEN**; AF: Blue; TK: Elite, EK, AB
Hey guys,
so I got my status match from LH SEN** to TK Elite in 02/16, made 4 TK flights in 03/16 and hence got extended to 02/17. However, I am currently on 38600 miles which is required in 2nd year to renew status for another 2 years. Does that mean I get new status till 02/19 now or will it be nevertheless just the one year more until 02/18 which is advertised in the promotion?
Thank you!
Old Nov 1, 2016, 2:13 am

Programs: Skywards Gold, TK Elite +, Hilton Diamond
Hi all,

My wife got her status match approved on the 4th of Feb, 2016. She's currently at 51K+ status miles with another 12K+ coming up in a few days and another 25K in end Jan to beginning Feb.

Does she need 80K status miles for elite plus by the date she was approved for the status match? Or does she have till the end of Feb to accrue them?

Thanks
Old Nov 1, 2016, 8:17 am

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by EK788
Hi all,

My wife got her status match approved on the 4th of Feb, 2016. She's currently at 51K+ status miles with another 12K+ coming up in a few days and another 25K in end Jan to beginning Feb.

Does she need 80K status miles for elite plus by the date she was approved for the status match? Or does she have till the end of Feb to accrue them?

Thanks
It's a 12 month rolling period. She will qualify for Elite Plus the first day that B(t) - B(t-365) ≥ 80,000, where B is the ending balance on day t.
Old Nov 1, 2016, 10:24 am

So after not receiving any answer via mail I talked to 4 different M&S Elite Customer Help desk employers. This was my first call into their service line and I have to say in comparison to LH this was absolutely shocking !!!!
They have NO CLUE!!!

So I asked them whether I can extend the validity of my TK Elite (matched from LH SEN 02/16) for a further 2 years by going higher then the required 15,000 miles for 1 more year!
1st Call: Sorry Sir, I have to transfer you to the help desk (I thought that was the help desk?? +90 212 465 23 02), then no idea - transferred again.
2nd Call: 15,000 miles for one more year, then 50,000 miles to extend for 2 more years.
3rd Call: 25,000 to extend to 2 years
4th Call: sorry TK system is down -please call back in 3-4 hours.

I am confused and have clearly no idea which answer is the correct one.
However, when looking at my TK Elite statement it lists

Required Status miles 1st / 2nd Year 25,000 / 37,500
Status miles 1st year / 2nd year 0 / 38,600

So assuming this is somewhat correct, I think one needs 37,500 miles to extend for 2 years within the first year of match! But again, I have no answer from TK directly.
This program is a bloody mess
Old Nov 1, 2016, 10:48 am

5th Call: Now this gentleman seemed quite knowledgeable.
He said that once reached 25,000 miles the card validity will be extended for 2 more years!
If you only make 15,000 then this will count towards the 37,500 which are needed in years 1 & 2 combined.
I asked him to give me this in writing but then he just wanted to transfer me to another help desk.

Question: To believe or not to believe this now?!?!!??!
My account still says validity until 02/2017, according to him it should be 02/2019 now!?
Old Nov 2, 2016, 1:24 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by Smojive
5th Call: Now this gentleman seemed quite knowledgeable.
He said that once reached 25,000 miles the card validity will be extended for 2 more years!
If you only make 15,000 then this will count towards the 37,500 which are needed in years 1 & 2 combined.
I asked him to give me this in writing but then he just wanted to transfer me to another help desk.

Question: To believe or not to believe this now?!?!!??!
My account still says validity until 02/2017, according to him it should be 02/2019 now!?
That is the correct response. Validity will be updated upon renewal. The date does not change before.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.