Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2016, 8:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: CoweyB
Update January 2016: Recent reports indicate the unofficial status match programme is running reasonably smoothly.

TK will only match Star Alliance Gold , Skyteam Elite Plus, Oneworld Emerald members, Emirates and Etihad Gold/Platinum and El Al Platinum/Top Platinum. Other, more exotic, gold card holders are out of luck. Please report your experience in this thread.

It appears that status matches are only granted once per lifetime, so think carefully before requesting if you might not re-qualify.

Please note that the only way to contact TK is now via the website

2/6/2015 new info from TK
We have received your message that you sent to our unit on 20 January 2015. Please be informed that when you claim your first flight with Turkish Airlines or other Star Alliance members to your Miles&Smiles account, your card will be sent to your address automatically.

On the otherhand, we would like to remind you that you can also get your original Miles&Smiles Card from Card Press Desk at Ataturk Airport International Terminal between 07.30 A.M and 09.45 PM. The location of Card Press desk is between A and B Check-in counters.

4/7/2015
Adding this Step-by-Step guide with screenshots to TK Status Match
http://dcta.boardingarea.com/2015/02...-status-match/

26/7/2015 - Jerry
TK asks for Elite card scan AND Account activity within last 2 months, so it's best if you have some activities!!
Timeline can range from few hours to few days, be patient!

21/9/2015 - Neil791
For those reporting successful matches, can you please post your results as follows so others can estimate their wait times, success rates

02/11/2015 - flolee
It looks like TK might also ask you for a scan of your Passport now. So if you are in a hurry better submit it right away in the first place with all the other documents.

Date Requested
Current Airline and Status (i.e. AB TopBonus, AA Plat, etc)
Information submitted (i.e. physical card scan, activity statement, etc)
Any replies received other than confirmation
Date Confirmation Received

03/01/2016 - zap7
Multiple reports from December 16th 2015 onwards state that TK now only grants a match to 4 months "elite trial", requiring 1 international TK flight during the 4 months following the match to extend it to one year and 15000 k TK status miles during that year to extend elite status to 2 years:
Welcome Miles&Smiles Turkish Airlines' advantageous Frequent Flyer Programme. Elite card trial period will be valid for 4 months. As of start date of elite membership within 4 months trial period one international Turkish Airlines flight should be realised for extending your card validity date to 1 year, if 15.000 status miles accumulate at the end of the first year elite membership will extend 1 year more and the total validity date will be 2 years.
04/01/2017 - CoweyB. There appear to be issues with TK automatically extending Elite membership for a second year even if the 15,000 status miles have been accumulated. Some FTers are reporting downgrades to Classic Plus instead
Print Wikipost

TK status match (2016)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2016, 4:35 am

Programs: BA/OW Sapphire, TK/*A Gold
Originally Posted by bensim
Hello, can anyone please confirm whether a TK international flight which is taken during the 4 months trial period will extend the validity of the elite membership by one year? Thanks.
the one flight taken in the four month trial period will not extend it BY one year but TO one year, i.e. 12 months after you got your trial started.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 10:01 pm

Programs: CX,A3, TK, AZ,KQ
Hello dear travellers,

Has anyone of you guys got the new batman card home? I will have a flight in one month and I would need the new card because the last one I got via the status match expired last May. My one year match ends on the middle of January.

I need the card for my next flight to get access to lounge and Gold perks. Considering I won't go via IST so I can't print the card there. Any way to speed up the process to get a new card at your home address? :P

Thanks for your tips.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 8:00 am

Programs: Krisflyer, Asia Miles, Miles and Bonus
Has anyone been upgraded to Business while travelling in TK economy during the elite membership trial period? Thanks.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 2:58 pm

Programs: TK E+, AA PLAT
Originally Posted by fedeflyer
Hello dear travellers,

Has anyone of you guys got the new batman card home? I will have a flight in one month and I would need the new card because the last one I got via the status match expired last May. My one year match ends on the middle of January.

I need the card for my next flight to get access to lounge and Gold perks. Considering I won't go via IST so I can't print the card there. Any way to speed up the process to get a new card at your home address? :P

Thanks for your tips.
I have usually had mine posted with in 2-3 weeks. Shot of flying to Istanbul I don't think there is a way to speed up the delivery process, but you won't your physical card as long as your TK FF status is noted on your BP. Failing that just show whoever needs to know your status on the TK app.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 11:53 pm

Originally Posted by boosh
I have usually had mine posted with in 2-3 weeks. Shot of flying to Istanbul I don't think there is a way to speed up the delivery process, but you won't your physical card as long as your TK FF status is noted on your BP. Failing that just show whoever needs to know your status on the TK app.
Thanks for reply Yes, I just hope I have no problems with my TK app to have access to the lounge in FRA and also at the check in counter for my second luggage :P
Old Jul 28, 2016, 1:02 am

Programs: TK E+, AA PLAT
Thanks for reply Yes, I just hope I have no problems with my TK app to have access to the lounge in FRA and also at the check in counter for my second luggage :P
Just make sure your TK FFP number is inserted on your reservation and you will be fine? Are you flying LH? Then just log into your booking and make sure it is there.
Old Jul 28, 2016, 1:26 am

Programs: AY+Plat
Hello dear travellers,

Thanks for your tips.
I have got within 2-3 weeks after ordering the cards in northern Europe, same with the batman card. One month should be enough if you order now.
Old Jul 28, 2016, 5:15 am

Originally Posted by lento
I have got within 2-3 weeks after ordering the cards in northern Europe, same with the batman card. One month should be enough if you order now.
Nice to know that, thank you! I've applied for the batman card three weeks ago.
I had no problem to receive the first TK Gold card within the 4 months status match trial. I got the card in Europe in two weeks time. Now I'm in Asia so maybe the waiting is bit longer. Let's see what happens.. :P
Old Jul 29, 2016, 2:53 am

Very impressed:
I followed the instructions here and applied for the Status Match/Challenge:
TK answered in less than 24 hours with a question which was quickly resolved. Then it took just another 24 hours and I got matched (which was even during a weekend). So in less than three days the process was competed. That's a good start!
Old Aug 4, 2016, 5:09 am

Programs: BA Gold, TAP Gold
Same for me, I've sent the request last friday, had follow up emails during the weekend and got matched to Elite on monday. Very impressed indeed.
Do they match anyone to Elite Plus status at all?
Old Aug 4, 2016, 7:11 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by Protocol7
Same for me, I've sent the request last friday, had follow up emails during the weekend and got matched to Elite on monday. Very impressed indeed.
Do they match anyone to Elite Plus status at all?
No Elite Plus match whatsoever.
Old Aug 15, 2016, 6:58 pm

Programs: UA: 1K 1.5MM, DL: LTDM 3.5MM, JB: Mosaic4, LH: exSEN 1MM, Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite, Hertz PresC
Looks like TK has stopped issuing status matches until they have upgraded their system with enhanced security features. Who also has received this message and who has received a status match in in last few days?

Here is the original text from the email from TK:

Due to your merge request, the documents you have sent to our unit have been checked and it has been confirmed that there isn't any obstacle in your Status Matching process.

However, we would like to inform you that a systematical improvement is currently on process within our Status Matching program for added security measures. Therefore, we kindly would like you to renew your request later.

Last edited by Christefan; Aug 16, 2016 at 1:01 pm
Old Aug 15, 2016, 9:53 pm

Programs: Mucci, FB Gold, Skywards, MK Kestrel Flyer, BA Gold, M&M FF, UU Capricorne, ACCOR Gold
Originally Posted by Christefan
Looks like TK has stopped issuing status matches until they have upgraded their system with enhanced security features. Who also has received this message and who has received a status match in in last few days?
Sent two requests in last Thursday (one for myself and one for my wife) both One World Emerald. My wife's came through on Friday... I'm still waiting for mine. No message whatsoever though.
Old Aug 15, 2016, 11:16 pm

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by flyphilrun
Sent two requests in last Thursday (one for myself and one for my wife) both One World Emerald. My wife's came through on Friday... I'm still waiting for mine. No message whatsoever though.
Only at TK...
Old Aug 19, 2016, 5:21 am

Hello,
I'm TK miles&smiles classic member. I'm looking for status match/ upgrade to Elite. Would also pay for it. Can someone help me?
Thank you

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.