Wiki Posts
Search

Turkey x Russia

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2015, 6:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite
Question Turkey x Russia

After the sad incident between these two countries, how safe it is to fly with TK from Turkey to Asia or any other country? Saw the news, that Turkey Embassy in Moscow was vandalized and local police did nothing.

Everyone knows Putin is very extreme, also, very powerful. Would it be completely nonsense for us, civilians, to think twice before booking a flight with TK?

Thanks!
Old Nov 27, 2015, 6:31 am

Programs: PMUA
I don't see connection what flying with TK from Turkey to Asia gotta do with Russia.99% of TK flights don't go through Russian aerospace.
Old Nov 27, 2015, 6:44 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Karlson
I don't see connection what flying with TK from Turkey to Asia gotta do with Russia.99% of TK flights don't go through Russian aerospace.
Hi Karlson, you're correct, flights from Turkey to asia don't even get close to Russian territory. But what concerns me more is the fact that Russia deployed a missile system on their airbase located just 30 miles away from Turkey territory:

Russian Defense Minister Sergey Shoygu said on his ministry's Twitter feed that the country would deploy S-400 defense missile systems to its Hmeymim air base near Latakia, on Syria's Mediterranean coast.

The missiles have a range of 250 kilometers (155 miles), according to the missilethreat.com website. The Turkish border is less than 30 miles away.

Everything is possible, but, what would be the chances of Putin, starting to authorize air attacks to civilian flights, just like TK? Too much concern from me? lol
Old Nov 27, 2015, 6:52 am

Programs: TK Miles & Smiles Elite Plus
Originally Posted by stevespam
Everything is possible, but, what would be the chances of Putin, starting to authorize air attacks to civilian flights, just like TK? Too much concern from me? lol
Not very likely but not impossible. He sort of did it in Ukraine already...
Old Nov 27, 2015, 6:57 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by smellme
Not very likely but not impossible. He sort of did it in Ukraine already...
This is really crazy, isn't it?
Let's stick with: "not very likely"
Old Nov 28, 2015, 8:07 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Originally Posted by stevespam
Too much concern from me?
Yes. By a very, very long way.
Old Nov 29, 2015, 12:51 pm

Programs: 2015 kettle
Turkey x Russia

My thought: if other options exist, why take the risk?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.