Wiki Posts
Search

How to get an upgrade on sold out flight

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2015, 8:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: AI Gold, TK Gold, QR Silver, 9W BluePlus
How to get an upgrade on sold out flight

So I tried booking my colleague on the same flight as me from IST to DEL and realized that the economy flight is sold out. Unlucky for him but was wondering if it can be lucky for me as I am Turkish elite and I can get upgraded for free of course. 😝

Any suggestions to help in the same is highly appreciated.
Old Nov 17, 2015, 9:10 pm

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Originally Posted by CCU_Flyer
was wondering if it can be lucky for me as I am Turkish elite and I can get upgraded for free of course.
Just check in and keep your fingers crossed for an operational upgrade due to Y class oversell. Not much you can do to influence unless you are chummy with the TK staff at your depature airport.

It's possible, but far from assured.

There can be no-shows or misconnects in the Y cabin, cancellations between now and departure, other Y passengers taking a buy-up opportunity at check-in, and Elite Plus members before you in the queue.
Old Nov 18, 2015, 5:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: AI Gold, TK Gold, QR Silver, 9W BluePlus
As a review does Tk have standardized procedure for Y upgrades? And is it followed?
Old Nov 19, 2015, 1:22 am

Programs: BA Gold, TP Silver
Originally Posted by CCU_Flyer
As a review does Tk have standardized procedure for Y upgrades? And is it followed?
Based on observations F&F go first, then TK Elite's and random people

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.