Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

Miles&Smiles Elite is no more Star Gold card... [in some computer systems]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Miles&Smiles Elite is no more Star Gold card... [in some computer systems]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2016, 7:42 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Gold, SPG PLT
My partner has problem with OZ showing up his TK*G status. It occurs several times last year. The OZ agent asked him to contact TK directly. From that point on, he makes sure he carries his card all the time.
Old Jan 14, 2016, 6:32 am

Originally Posted by dromack
My last trips with LH and SK (end of December) with no problem - BP showed TK*G (and got even the op-up on LH).
How did you book these trips? Travel agent or website directly?
Where these booked as codeshare flights or under the original LH/SK flight number?

@all: Thanks for your comments but I knew I wasnt the only one suffering here.

Can anyone confirm whether the "upgrade system" will still recognize you when the BP shows TK*P? I dont think so...
This is the annoying part as showing your card does not help here...

Thomas
Old Jan 14, 2016, 9:36 am

Programs: LH SEN, NZ , Lifemiles, BA
I actually had the same status showing TK*P on Lufthansa and TK*G on LX. Till I noticed that I was silly enough that whilst registering for TK I accidentally switched my first and last name. As Amadeus verifies the FQTV information with the actual passenger name it shows TK*P (which indicates that a FQTV number has been entered and is used for mileage credit). LX, using another system does not do this validation and therefore provides TK*G on the boarding pass. Once I sent my passport copy to TK it got changed and now works perfectly fine on LH as well.
Old Jan 15, 2016, 12:58 am

Originally Posted by flyswiss88
I actually had the same status showing TK*P on Lufthansa and TK*G on LX. Till I noticed that I was silly enough that whilst registering for TK I accidentally switched my first and last name. As Amadeus verifies the FQTV information with the actual passenger name it shows TK*P (which indicates that a FQTV number has been entered and is used for mileage credit). LX, using another system does not do this validation and therefore provides TK*G on the boarding pass. Once I sent my passport copy to TK it got changed and now works perfectly fine on LH as well.
OK, I checked this and this is not the case for me. However, I realized that my name on the boarding pass has a "MR" attached. so its "LASTNAMEFIRSTNAMEMR".

I will see if this can be changed next time.

Thanks all!
Old Jan 17, 2016, 4:27 pm

Had the same problem 2 times on LH now. I'm *G on TK and it shows up as TK*S on my LH boarding pass. Works fine with UA.
Old Jan 17, 2016, 7:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: TK*G (E+)
Yesterday, two flights with SK again - smooth and TK*G on BP.
Old Jan 18, 2016, 6:28 am

Programs: TK Miles & Smiles Elite Plus
I'm flying with LX right now, shows *G correctly
Old Jan 18, 2016, 1:54 pm

Programs: TK Miles & Smiles Elite Plus
On the other hand, in the LX lounge they asked me for the card. When I pointed out that *G is on the BP, they said that it's a new rule. Fortunately I always carry the card with me.
Old Jan 18, 2016, 2:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by smellme
On the other hand, in the LX lounge they asked me for the card. When I pointed out that *G is on the BP, they said that it's a new rule. Fortunately I always carry the card with me.
In UA lounge at IAH - gave them the BPs and it took a long time for the dragon to process because she said she has to type in our M&S #, then I said that I have the cards and she said that's a great help because it's difficult to read M&S# on BPs as they are printed very unclear. I'm not aware of any new rules but I think the dragons feel better when you have the card with you.
Old Jan 19, 2016, 11:28 am

Programs: TK elite+(*gold), Marriott Lifetime Platinum, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond, (Ex-Hyatt Diamond/Globalist)
Works perfectly

During the last few months, my TK elite and elite+ since November was always perfectly recognized as *G with all benefits (like it always has been before):
operating carriers: 3xLH, 4xLX, 3xUA, 2xNZ, 2xSQ, 2xTK

As others have pointed out on page 1 of this thread and in other threads (also other *A carriers forums here), problems seems to be caused by sh#*! IT-systems of the operating carrier or names spelled wrong/differently (mixed first/last or having special letters not available in other languages).

I have a name with letters unique to my native language, too, which I never use for booking hotels/airlines, I always use the international way to write my name for any ticket, hotel booking and frequent flyer program.

UA dragons wanted to see the card + LH&LH dragons, too - but thoose are the program rules. With LX & LH it has always been this way even when I had LH elite status (so on their own program)
Old Jan 19, 2016, 4:27 pm

Programs: TK *G Elite, AZ Gold.
I went to the senator lounge in Frankfurt on 18th Jan and just gave the dragon my BP which had TK*G on it, I asked her if she wanted my card also " not needed I have all the information" and let me in.
Old Jan 20, 2016, 8:17 am

Programs: AY+Plat
Yesterday I flew two SK flights. On the first leg A3*G showed in BP. In the second leg, I changed FF no to TK and BP did not reflect my status and just showed TK*P.
Old Jan 22, 2016, 7:30 am

Programs: TK/NH
Back in October and November last year, while on LH, my boarding pass all showed TK*P, and it is always red when the lounge agent scan my boarding pass (no access). Then the agents will ask if I have the physical card with me, after swiping that, I get access to the lounge without any problems.

My flights in December and January though, also on LH, all showed TK*G, so no problem what so ever. I read it somewhere that this is a system glitch.
Old Feb 4, 2016, 5:00 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus, SAS EBG, QR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
And so it has happened to me. Just checked in for tomorrow's SAS flight to Riga and the status is showing as TK*B. Wasn't able to change the status by re-entering it online, and neither was it possible to have it changed correctly on the phone. Have anybody managed to get it fixed at the airport, and also do the miles still credit despite the wrong status?
Old Feb 4, 2016, 11:07 am

Programs: AY+Plat
Originally Posted by LH4116
And so it has happened to me. Just checked in for tomorrow's SAS flight to Riga and the status is showing as TK*B. Wasn't able to change the status by re-entering it online, and neither was it possible to have it changed correctly on the phone. Have anybody managed to get it fixed at the airport, and also do the miles still credit despite the wrong status?
getting fixed at airport - NO
miles credited -YES within 3 days

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.