Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

Does Turkish Elite Plus give extra baggage on Jet Airways?

Old Sep 1, 2015, 8:44 am
Original Poster

I'm an Elite + holder with TK's M+S, and will be flying on a few Jet Airways flights in the next week or two - Jet are listed as one of TK's 3 non-Star Alliance partner airlines on the MS webpages, and so Jet miles can be accrued to an MS account. Does anyone happen to know if the partnership, and maybe the Elite + status, might also mean some additional baggage allowance on Jet flights?

Thanks for any info on this...
Old Sep 1, 2015, 9:29 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
No, it's just an earn partnership. 9W will likely not even be able to verify your status in their system. From the M&S website:
Miles&Smiles card privileges are not applicable for Jet Airways flights.

Last edited by airoli; Sep 1, 2015 at 9:58 am
Old Sep 2, 2015, 12:59 pm
Original Poster

Sounds as if I'll have to make do with just the miles then... Thanks for that, airoli - the info is appreciated.
Old Sep 2, 2015, 1:59 pm

Programs: A few airlines, hotel programs and car rentals
...and to add, AFAIK, those miles that you earn with 9W, are only RDMs. You don't earn status miles on TK for 9W flights. Happy to be proven wrong, though!!

If you can, you should try AI out. They're in *A now, and I think they have a wider network within India than 9W. Plus you get all the *G benefits, all the while earning valuable RDMs and status miles!!

Last edited by AvidFlyer1990; Sep 3, 2015 at 9:05 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.