Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

Which Lounge for Non-Status Passenger at LHR Terminal 2

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2015, 4:50 am
Original Poster

At the new LHR Terminal 2 can anyone please tell me which lounge TK will tell me to go being a non-status passenger flying in business?

Should they by chance say there is a free choice of the Star Alliance lounges what would be the best. Will be travelling through in late August thanks.
Old Aug 10, 2015, 1:26 pm
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by Obruni Boy
At the new LHR Terminal 2 can anyone please tell me which lounge TK will tell me to go being a non-status passenger flying in business?

Should they by chance say there is a free choice of the Star Alliance lounges what would be the best. Will be travelling through in late August thanks.
As business passenger you can choose the Lufthansa Business lounge in T2 or Air Canada, Singapore Airlines and United Airlines lounges in T2B.
Old Aug 10, 2015, 1:39 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
They "suggest" the UA lounge if the flight departs from B terminal and to be honest it is very good with an excellent breakfast buffet.
Old Aug 11, 2015, 12:50 am
Original Poster

Thank you both for the details. That's just what I need to know.
Old Aug 25, 2015, 5:40 am
Original Poster

To close out this query the check-in agent printed out invitations for the Plaza lounge. This may have been as the gate was not confirmed until 45 minutes before the flight although the lounge turned out to be close to the confirmed gate A17.

The lounge was excellent with great food but they put away any decent drinks onto an extra cost shelf. Only included whisky for instance was Famous Grouse whereas Black Label and Glenfiddich were extras.

Incidentally check in was a bit of a farce. Whereas economy passengers check in to a row of counters serving all Star Alliance airlines the business class passenger has to go to two dedicated Turkish Airlines desks. We arrived just after two groups each with 6 plus passengers and many cases which were dealt with in a painfully slow manner. Eventually it took us 25 minutes to be processed with no apologies from TK. The economy check in would have been far quicker but I doubt they would have been able to make the lounge invites.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.