Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

TK cancelled my business(J) ticket and put me in economy with no info nor warning

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TK cancelled my business(J) ticket and put me in economy with no info nor warning

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2015, 7:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, TK Gold
Thumbs down TK cancelled my business(J) ticket and put me in economy with no info nor warning

I have booked a business class (J) seat from SAW to ADB flight no TK2922.
I have checked in online and my seat was 4A.

The flight was delayed for more than 2 hours and once the boarding started it was so chaotic that the gate agent did not even scan the boarding passes. Instead, he just looked at them very quickly and passed it on.

Once I boarded on the plane, I was expecting the plane in 3-3 configuration and in J the middle seat is blocked off which can be used as an expanded armrest or table. However, that was not the case as there were no business cabin. Me and a few fellow J ticket holders started complaining and the cabin crew called someone from the TK.

A TK agent came into the plane and explained that they have cancelled the business class for the flight because of overbooking and gave me a new boardingass that says 18E on it. He gave us no apologies and promised that once we arrive at ADB a TK agent would greet us (J holders) at arrivals who was supposed to issue us a refund for the ticket and arrange us a free transfer from the airport as our flight was delayed for more than 2 hours.

We all accepted and flown to ADB. At arrivals there was absolutely no TK agent or whatsoever. We could not get the refund and arranged our transfers by ourselves at 02.00 AM. I have issued a complaint but TK does not have a good reputation with resolving issues.

So, once something goes wrong with TK, it really goes wrong and stays as wrong...

Old Aug 5, 2015, 8:38 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Gold
He gave us no apologies and promised that once we arrive at ADB a TK agent would greet us (J holders) at arrivals who was supposed to issue us a refund for the ticket and arrange us a free transfer from the airport as our flight was delayed for more than 2 hours.
If you are a frequent flyer, you should note that these people are notorious lyers.
I would have not let him go so fast.
Did you write down his name?
Old Aug 5, 2015, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Post on TK's twitter and Facebook page.
Old Aug 5, 2015, 1:43 pm
Original Poster

I had complained on Twitter twice to get a reply. It was a standard reply again.

I haven't got his name as it was crazy on board. Couple of people fainted, all business passengers were standing and complaining. Then a doctor walked in and so...

Last edited by denikon; Aug 16, 2015 at 1:17 pm
Old Aug 16, 2015, 1:18 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by warakorn
If you are a frequent flyer, you should note that these people are notorious lyers.
I would have not let him go so fast.
Did you write down his name?
Still no reply after the promised 7 days despite numerous calls and emails!
Old Aug 21, 2015, 6:33 pm

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by warakorn
typical tk apathy - say anything to get people off their back. its almost like theyre government workers

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.