Wiki Posts
Search

MAN-IST - Reward Seats Not Available?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2015, 8:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: whatever gets me where i want
MAN-IST - Reward Seats Not Available?

I'm looking at MAN-IST flights with both AC and UA and not seeing any availability for October or November.

Is this particular segment only open to booking for members of TK's frequent flyer program?

Tested a bunch of other segments to XXX-IST and they all seem to be open on various dates, just not MAN-IST. Which is a little frustrating.

Perhaps I need to call in and book this segment over the phone?
Old Jul 8, 2015, 8:40 pm

Programs: Azerbaijan Airlines Gold, Turkish Miles and Smiles, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by bmabnorth
I'm looking at MAN-IST flights with both AC and UA and not seeing any availability for October or November.

Is this particular segment only open to booking for members of TK's frequent flyer program?

Tested a bunch of other segments to XXX-IST and they all seem to be open on various dates, just not MAN-IST. Which is a little frustrating.

Perhaps I need to call in and book this segment over the phone?
If you can't get MAN, try BHX (only a couple of hours by train) or LON.
Old Jul 8, 2015, 8:55 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MichaelBaku
If you can't get MAN, try BHX (only a couple of hours by train) or LON.
Thanks for the idea, will research that. Already found availability through ARN, BRU, CGN, FRA etc. just most require overnight layover to make it happen. I'm just trying to avoid LH or AC and their dumb YQ (about $500 each way).

Actually I've already signed up for Mile&Smiles account and they do have seats available (as they should) on that route for 15000 miles in business (I searched business limited). Called United and they don't have seats available. Couldn't get through to Aeroplan for about 10 minutes so hung up. Just seems odd to me that this route with 3 flights a day has no award seats for * Alliance partners.
Old Jul 8, 2015, 9:00 pm
Original Poster

Update: I'm not seeing ANY availability ex MAN, BHX, or LON to IST nonstop on TK. Am I seeing things? Or is Turkish airlines blocking * Alliance redemptions out of the UK?
Old Jul 8, 2015, 9:45 pm

Programs: Azerbaijan Airlines Gold, Turkish Miles and Smiles, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by bmabnorth
Update: I'm not seeing ANY availability ex MAN, BHX, or LON to IST nonstop on TK. Am I seeing things? Or is Turkish airlines blocking * Alliance redemptions out of the UK?
Don't know about that policy but there seems to be lots of availability in Business if you book thru TK Miles and Smiles. When I've had probs with availability from MAN, I've booked from a European airport and just bought a ticket from MAN to Europe. If you book ex FRA, you can usually avoid an overnight in Europe. This also works for AMS/PAR/BRU I think too. Also check DUB as MAN/DUB fares are cheap. Be warned though, if your UK/Europe same-day flight is delayed, TK may not accommodate you on the next flight. Needs a bit of flexibility and I can honestly say, I've always found some solution. Just find the cheapest European point ex-MAN.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.