Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Familly trip

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2015, 1:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: *A Gold / ST Elite+ / OWS / EK G / HH Diam. / MR Tit / Hyatt GLOB / IHG Diam. / SL Jade / GHA Tit.
Familly trip

Hello,
I travel next month with parents and brother.
I'm the online one *gold and was wondering about fast track / business class check in and lounge. Any feedback?
Old May 24, 2015, 3:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
I assume that you are flying in Y.

If you have TK *G, I think you can bring your family in - but I'm not sure because I did guest someone at IST lounge when a guy travelling with his family + his adult brother (he is Turkish so as long as he said someone will guest him in then it's ok). I have seen they turn down an arrogant Swedish woman attempted to enter the lounge with 2 kids - she was more demanding the staff to let them in than asking them nicely - she has SK G - which allows her to bring her family in in SK lounge but not other *G lounge.

I was there and I could guest her child in - but I chose not to because of her attitude.

About Fast track, it's YMMV. You might not even have to go through security at transit.
Old May 28, 2015, 8:28 am

Programs: | *G | STE | HGP ♦ | SPG Au | MR Au
-Check-in at Business Class counters: Check-in counters reserved exclusively for you: Elite members can complete their check-in formalities at the Business Class counters upon presenting their cards to the check-in agents for both domestic and international flights, even they fly on Economy Class

-Access to CIP lounges both on domestic and international flights: As an Elite card holder, you can use the CIP lounges at the airports both on domestic and international flights of Turkish Airlines with one of your guests, no matter which class of service you travel in. Your guest must depart on a Star Alliance member airline, but may travel on a different flight.

-Also Elite/Elite Plus card holders will from now on able to accommodate their fellow travelers with the same amenities against 50 TL(tax included) or in exchange for 4.000 miles
Ruling pretty clear on thy.com

In the past I've had no problems with a group check-in as the sole status holder on other airlines and I expect the same to apply here.

Lounge access, the ruling is pretty standard for most airlines.

It says spouse and children, but parents and siblings? No harm trying to reason with them, but YMMV.
Old Jun 22, 2015, 2:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: *A Gold / ST Elite+ / OWS / EK G / HH Diam. / MR Tit / Hyatt GLOB / IHG Diam. / SL Jade / GHA Tit.
My feedback :
- In IST : they don't care who is the father of who We've entered all (i have to gold status maybe it helped), don't know.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.