New TK Destinations for 2016

Old Oct 24, 2015, 9:50 am

Programs: TK E+
Originally Posted by starflyergold
On AusBT:
Turkish Airlines will begin flights between Istanbul and Sydney next year, with Melbourne to follow, airline CEO Temel Kotil has confirmed to Australian Business Traveller....
With the refueling stopover, will upgrading such a one-way require one or two E+ upgrade coupons?
Old Oct 26, 2015, 12:08 am

Programs: Elite Plus M+S
Unhappy

Originally Posted by ushuaia
12.10.2015 - Public Disclosures

The Incorporation has decided to start operating scheduled flights, based on aircraft availability, to Hanoi, capital of Vietnam.

Source:
http://investor.turkishairlines.com/...ic-disclosures

Are there already any starting dates known?

You can already select Hanoi in the booking, but don´t get a flight shown.
Old Nov 5, 2015, 12:31 am

Hanoi, Juba, Phuket

"We are planning to open a few destinations in Russia, but there are points on which we need full consensus yet. One of the destinations we think is Phuket destination to open within this year. In Africa, we are still trying to planning Juba in South Sudan. In May 2016, we will open Hanoi, 2nd destination in Vietnam. In a few years, we will have more decisions with our board of directors, according to the instructions given to us by now, I would say so."

Mr Ahmet Olmuştur, Turkish Airlines Executive Vice President

Source in Turkish:
http://kokpit.aero/thy-durbana-ucmaya-basladi
Old Nov 22, 2015, 1:00 pm

Important statements from the Chairman, Mr Ilker Ayci

Ilker Ayci, the Chairman gave the details of Turkish Airlines' new destination targets as Mauritius, Juba, Madagascar, Volgograd, Samara, Zaporizhia, Phuket, Hanoi, Seville, Tabuk, Omsk, Chelyabinsk, Atlanta, Mexico City and Havana.

Source in Turkish;
http://www.airporthaber.com/thy-habe...lar-56691.html
Old Nov 24, 2015, 12:21 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, ex AA EXP
Can't wait for HAV and MEX to finally happen!
Old Nov 25, 2015, 10:35 am

Programs: TK Miles & Smiles Elite Plus
HAV would be sweet indeed. Any idea when they are planning to start it?
Old Nov 25, 2015, 10:43 am

Anyone else having the feeling that with recent developments, about half of that list (Read: All Russian cities) won't happen?
Old Nov 25, 2015, 1:16 pm

Programs: LH, BA, TK
Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
Anyone else having the feeling that with recent developments, about half of that list (Read: All Russian cities) won't happen?
Not only this, but for some the perceived safety flying any TK plane in the next future might not be stellar.
Old Nov 28, 2015, 4:34 am

Volgograd and Siirt flights

Even if i see the probability of the realization turning out worse than expected, you can find below the last notification of TK to Istanbul Stock Market regarding Volgograd flights.

27.11.2015 - Public Disclosures

The Incorporation has decided to start operating scheduled flights, based on aircraft availability, to Volgograd in Russia and Siirt Airport in Turkey.

Source:
http://investor.turkishairlines.com/...isclosures-234
Old Dec 10, 2015, 11:37 am

I'm trying to find up to date news but no luck: anyone knows what happended to the BOG newly route about to be inaugurated earlier this year?
No official statements reported, and the onboard magazine map not even flag it as future destination.

In general the whole Latin America area doesn't give justice to the ambitious growth of TK.
Wish 2016 will bring good news.
Old Dec 10, 2015, 1:44 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, SAS Eurobonus Silver, Connect Miles Gold, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Disc.
Originally Posted by Forrest Bump
I'm trying to find up to date news but no luck: anyone knows what happended to the BOG newly route about to be inaugurated earlier this year?
No official statements reported, and the onboard magazine map not even flag it as future destination.

In general the whole Latin America area doesn't give justice to the ambitious growth of TK.
I'm very curious about this route too. It was supposed to be triangular IST-BOg-PTY-IST if I'm not mistaken? TK never made an official announcement, but it was presented as a done deal in Panama months ago.
Old Dec 10, 2015, 2:22 pm

Programs: FB PFL, TK Gold, PC Platinum

Really hope it will still happen.. Also hope that TK would be a bigger payer in Latin America When that days arrives, I will happily say goodbye to FB
Old Dec 11, 2015, 1:22 am

Originally Posted by Milkman
I'm very curious about this route too. It was supposed to be triangular IST-BOg-PTY-IST if I'm not mistaken? TK never made an official announcement, but it was presented as a done deal in Panama months ago.
Exactly. I recall something like GRU-EZE. A fifth freedom flight with no revenue rights. No idea why this has cooled down, since BOG/PTY and and somehow LIM seem the new frontier for many carriers.
Old Dec 12, 2015, 2:24 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
A fifth freedom flight with no revenue rights.
They have full revenue rights for EZE-GRU. On my typical Sunday evening flight ex EZE C-class is full of Brazilians who return from a weekend trip to Buenos...
Old Dec 12, 2015, 11:24 am

Originally Posted by TPJ
They have full revenue rights for EZE-GRU. On my typical Sunday evening flight ex EZE C-class is full of Brazilians who return from a weekend trip to Buenos...
That's interesting to know, thanks.
I assumed it was like the new Mauritius – Antananarivo route with no traffic rights.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.