Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Booking a friend on Turkish Airlines

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2015, 6:37 am
Original Poster

Booking a friend on Turkish Airlines

I plan to travel with a friend in May on Turkish Airways to Moldova. I have a Miles and Smiles account. I believe that I can get some sort of bonus miles by myself booking his flight with mine. How? I looked on the official webpage but as usual, I couldn't make a lot of sense of how this scheme operates.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 7:53 am

Programs: BA Gold, TP Silver
Originally Posted by john green
I plan to travel with a friend in May on Turkish Airways to Moldova. I have a Miles and Smiles account. I believe that I can get some sort of bonus miles by myself booking his flight with mine. How? I looked on the official webpage but as usual, I couldn't make a lot of sense of how this scheme operates.
You'll get bonus miles for referring him to Miles & Smiles:

http://www.turkishairlines.com/en-in...ou_and_friends
Old Apr 28, 2015, 7:39 am

Bringing a friend with me on TA

I have my online account up. Where do I go to on this site to see the right place? And these bonus miles I get for booking him on the same flight with me - where do I see them and when? On the plane ticket as I am booking? Or they are only included on this website?

I assume that these bonus miles are automatically added to my Total Miles figure on my online account, or are they not?
Old Apr 28, 2015, 8:24 am

Programs: BA Gold, TP Silver
Originally Posted by ukthesis
I have my online account up. Where do I go to on this site to see the right place? And these bonus miles I get for booking him on the same flight with me - where do I see them and when? On the plane ticket as I am booking? Or they are only included on this website?

I assume that these bonus miles are automatically added to my Total Miles figure on my online account, or are they not?
Once logged in you go to "Other applications" -> "You&Friends" -> "Send an email". As explained on the site, you will get your 500 miles when your friend flies his first flight.

The bonus miles are just for getting him to sign up, not for booking him on the same flight.
Old Apr 29, 2015, 3:20 am

So I send his email address, with his permission, to where please? Then, when he books the flight, I get the bonus miles credited to my Miles and Smiles account automatically?
Old Apr 29, 2015, 8:41 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
You use "Other applications" -> "You&Friends" -> "Send an email" to send an email invitation to join Miles&Smiles to your friend's email address. Your friend uses the link contained to sign up to the program, and then puts his new FFP number in his TK flight booking.

After taking his flight, you will get 500 miles.
Old Apr 30, 2015, 5:25 am

Thanks for that. I sent him, from my Miles and Smiles account, an email, giving his details under this: "Please enter name, surname and e-mail address for sending membership offer." The "FFP number" (family and friends?) is a number assigned to him by Turkish airlines, I assume.

A problem. My friend has emailed me to say this:

I tried to enrol with milesandsmiles but it wouildn’t let me. I filled in the online form but it rejected me as it said my pin i.e. password had to be 6 digits but it would only allow me to enter 5, it said my security mothers maiden name was wrong (really!) it wouldn’t allow me to enter a city/town on the form, so thus gave up.

Any solution?

Last edited by ukthesis; Apr 30, 2015 at 8:08 am
Old Apr 30, 2015, 8:21 am

Originally Posted by ukthesis
Thanks for that. I sent him, from my Miles and Smiles account, an email, giving his details under this: "Please enter name, surname and e-mail address for sending membership offer." The "FFP number" (family and friends?) is a number assigned to him by Turkish airlines, I assume.

A problem. My friend has emailed me to say this:

I tried to enrol with milesandsmiles but it wouildn’t let me. I filled in the online form but it rejected me as it said my pin i.e. password had to be 6 digits but it would only allow me to enter 5, it said my security mothers maiden name was wrong (really!) it wouldn’t allow me to enter a city/town on the form, so thus gave up.

Any solution?
FFP number - frequent flyer programme number, you're right it's a number on your M&S card following "TK"
for issues with your friend enrolment - tell him to try to reload page etc. - some bugs happen from time to time.
Anyway, for all that hassle you only get 500 miles which is next to nothing - it doesn't worth it, imho.
Old Apr 30, 2015, 8:29 am

Will ask him to do that. Is he on the right option? I click on "You&Friends" then go to the lower right of the page and click on the option "Send an email." (Not the option "Sending Offers"). Is this the correct one?

As you say, 500 bonus miles is not much. But I find the whole Miles and Smiles system complicated to use and because of this, it's quite easy to select "wrong" options and so losing out. Because of this, I've had to return to this forum over and over, because the "official" information on how to use the Miles and Smiles system is too often inadequate for those using it for the first time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.