Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TK vs LH C with an infant

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2015, 10:26 am
Original Poster

TK vs LH C with an infant

My wife and I are taking our 8 mo old on our first international trip in May to Greece, and out of SFO I have the following options (at least ones that I'm interested in):

SFO-IST-ATH TK C
SFO-MUC-ATH LH C

Total travel time is about 1 hour more on TK vs LH.

I plan to get a 3rd seat for the little guy in the hopes that he will sleep, at least a little bit. Just wanted to get people's opinions. Am I splitting hairs here?

Thanks
Old Mar 26, 2015, 9:51 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
If anything, IMO, the biggest challenge will be the transit in IST where you may end up having to bus to/from the terminal and that is never pleasant with an infant.
Old Mar 27, 2015, 2:38 pm
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by gilbertaue
If anything, IMO, the biggest challenge will be the transit in IST where you may end up having to bus to/from the terminal and that is never pleasant with an infant.
That is true but knowing LH's FRA operations you may have to use a bus to board the flight to ATH.

In either case there is not much between those two.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 6:20 pm

Programs: TK*S, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by starflyergold
That is true but knowing LH's FRA operations you may have to use a bus to board the flight to ATH.

In either case there is not much between those two.
Says he's going through MUC.
Old Mar 29, 2015, 1:08 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by jcamp028
Says he's going through MUC.
Same thing, MUC also frequently use bus transport (I had to do so last Sunday with LH)
Old Mar 29, 2015, 4:20 am

We have done a lot of flying on both LH and TK with my daughter who is now 19 months old.

I would have said the latest generation TK seat offers a bit more space but you are getting a 3rd seat anyway, so that may not be a factor. LH is a lot more proactive about seat blocking when traveling with an infant, but again, the extra seat negates that benefit. If you are planning to request a bassinet, the LH one is one of the better ones around but my daughter has never managed to get comfortable in any bassinet.

Crew wise, I don't see much difference. I have had one excellent LH crew (and that was in F) but otherwise, I wouldn't say there is a major difference.

The IST lounge has a play area (the MUC Business/Senator lounges do not) but 8 month old may still be too young to enjoy it. TK also offers kids some very nice goodies (LH these days offers nothing, not even in F) but again, I don't think that it matters for an 8 month old.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 12:58 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Gold, M&M FTL, QR Gold, HH Diamond, PCR Platinum
If you're flying in C - TK wins hands-down. The difference is the actual space you will have for both of you during the looong flight. So much more space on TK, and smaller business cabin.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.