Double billed for ticket

Old Feb 28, 2015, 10:54 pm
Original Poster

Double billed for ticket

Quick question for anyone else who has experienced this. Turkish billed me twice of the one ticket (two transactions showing on my credit card, strangely processed a day apart). I've sent them a query, no response as of yet.

If you've ever had this, how prompt were they at dealing with the issue or responding?

I'm trying to avoid an international call to the call center but if need be, later in the week I'll be staying about 300 yards from a Turkish airlines office so could go and physically see someone if the issue has not resolved itself by then.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 2:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
You can use skype to call their call centre - or use your local number - it's all divert to the same place.

If it doesn't work out - I'll dispute it with your CC issuer - double billing is really obvious that it's a mistake made the the airline.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 2:57 am

Double Billed

I have also just been double-billed by Turkish Airlines. My booking was made on February 27, 2015. I booked on the internet. But now my credit card shows that I have been hit twice for this fare. I rang them in Istanbul, but they say that on their screen, they can see only one amount. But Westpac in Melbourne can see two bills for the same amount on my Visa credit card. Westpac is going to dispute it with Turkish Airlines
Old Mar 5, 2015, 4:43 pm

Double Billed

I am OK now. My Visa credit card has just been credited with the amount of the over-billing. Only took 1 day to fix it. I spoke to Westpac in Melbourne and they said that they would fix it. But it could have been Turkish Airlines in Istanbul that sent through a credit to the account

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.