TK service to India

Old Feb 24, 2015, 6:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NEXUS, UA Club
TK service to India

I apologize if there is another forum for this question, and if there is, please feel free to move this there!

I am looking at possibly flying TK to either DEL or BOM from JFK in J. I thought I had heard somewhere that the inflight service on TK to India is the equivalent of European service, and not long haul. Is this true? Also, if this is the case, what is the difference in service standards? I have only flown TK from YYZ-IST-BKK-IST (the IST-BKK-IST sector was in the 9W bird in the first class section) so I have nothing to compare it to. Also, it looks like JFK has both the 777 and 330 flying it. I am assuming the 777 is the same as the 777 from YYZ, and I imagine the 330 to JFK are the flat bed ones and not the angled ones (I hope!) but is there a difference between the J seats on the 777 and 330? Thanks!!
Old Feb 24, 2015, 9:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
It looks like JFK is scheduled with A333 which does have the same flat bed seats as the 77W. TK is notorious though for substitutions, so if you have a light load on your departure day there's always a chance it could get subbed for a 332, most of which have angle flat seats in J. If the connection time makes sense then I'd book the 77W flight myself, just to be sure.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 2:11 pm
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
DEL has sort haul service standards. While not as good as on long-haul it is still a separate appetizer and then main course. IST-DEL is a relatively short flight - 6 hours or so. On DEL-IST they serve a small appetizer after departure (that most people refuse as they want to sleep) and then full meal before arrival.

I am not sure about BOM.
Old Feb 26, 2015, 12:11 pm

Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold
I have flown on both sectors, IST-BOM/DEL and both have a meal service and a snack service in economy. Service is average and there is no comfort class on either of these flights.
Old Feb 26, 2015, 12:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NEXUS, UA Club
Thanks for the responses. I do disagree that six hours is a short flight. Especially considering what is being charged, I think it warrants enhanced service over a short haul flight. That being said though, I loved my long haul flights with TK in the past, so a definite contender for my flight to DEL/BOM. I'm debating between TK and AC which would be to DEL, but on the 787 with the new J seats. (From what I see, the hard product will be better on AC, the soft on TK. Of course, the IST lounge might tip the scale in TKs favor, since I would love another excuse to visit!!).
Old Mar 2, 2015, 8:01 pm

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Alaska MVP, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
Haven't directly flown this route, but I'm on TK DEL-IST in April 2015 on the A330.

By comparison, the A330 serving IST-DXB, a 4 hr flight, offers a full meal service, printed menus, amenity kit, pre-departure drinks and that sort of thing.

I wouldn't typically call it short haul service as described earlier.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.