TK and the A380

Link:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/...0V537R20150126

Turkish in talks for 10 A380.

Let the speculation begin.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 2:43 pm
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
I guess delivery of these aircraft would only happen if/after the new airport opens...
Old Jan 26, 2015, 4:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Question

Originally Posted by TPJ
I guess delivery of these aircraft would only happen if/after the new airport opens...
Where is the new airport being built in Istanbul
Old Jan 26, 2015, 5:19 pm
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by djjaguar64
Where is the new airport being built in Istanbul
Old Jan 26, 2015, 5:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
I thought the 380 was already DOA?
Old Jan 26, 2015, 5:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Question

Originally Posted by starflyergold
Thanks SFGold, Whats the proximity to the current airport
Old Jan 26, 2015, 8:59 pm

every time I fly TK out of PVG or PEK the aircraft are smack full across all cabins (okay, comfort seems to be half full in PEK). I have been wondering for a while why the daily 777 to PVG doesn't get a second aircraft like LH does (388&340). This might be a great fix.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 11:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
Originally Posted by starflyergold
Holy wow that's quite far out of town. I hope a new high speed rail line is accompanying it. I'd hate to have get into downtown by bus from there.

At the rate TK is growing, they need this new airport sooner than later, every time I arrive from Asia both the gates and remote stands are packed full as it is.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 11:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by milepig
I thought the 380 was already DOA?
No, they didn't do it yet. It will. They will come.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 1:58 am

Programs: LH, BA, TK
That airport is insanely far from Istanbul and I do wonder if TK is thinking to play the double hub match, on the EK model somehow.
10 A380 under the current situation of IST is a joke, but I see how the big bus can support the TK growth on certain routes leaving the frequencies unchanged and thus helping to contain further congestion.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 3:06 am

Programs: TK Elite
TK should focus more on their cabin crew training if they want to be like their ME3 counterparts, this is their weakest link, food is above average, their J class product is very good and their Y seat too.... GIVE US SMILING CREWS who like their jobs, not someone who looks pissed off at you when you're waiting to use the lav...
Old Jan 27, 2015, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Wilko Pali Sedef
TK should focus more on their cabin crew training if they want to be like their ME3 counterparts, this is their weakest link, food is above average, their J class product is very good and their Y seat too.... GIVE US SMILING CREWS who like their jobs, not someone who looks pissed off at you when you're waiting to use the lav...
Why are they pissed off, because you cut them in line to the washroom?
Old Jan 28, 2015, 1:40 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by djjaguar64
Thanks SFGold, Whats the proximity to the current airport
Its just above the letter "e" of the word GOOGLE at the bottom of the image.

50km away by car.
Old Jan 30, 2015, 1:35 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Wilko Pali Sedef
+1 ^ Ohh and while they are at it can they maybe improve the wine / champagne offering so that it matches the very good food?

Plus get rid of those rubbish Biz seats on the A332 and A343s or did I miss something and they were refurbished with the seats from 77W and A333? I saw IST-ORD still got mostly A332 for the last weeks - yikes so that one goes off the list.

Last edited by demue; Jan 30, 2015 at 1:43 am
Old Jan 31, 2015, 9:30 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by demue
+1 ^ Ohh and while they are at it can they maybe improve the wine / champagne offering so that it matches the very good food?

Plus get rid of those rubbish Biz seats on the A332 and A343s or did I miss something and they were refurbished with the seats from 77W and A333? I saw IST-ORD still got mostly A332 for the last weeks - yikes so that one goes off the list.
Match/improove the wine offering,FYI TK is a dry airline to many international destinations and,unlike their Turkish domestic competitors,all domestic destinations,they will most likly be a dry airline in five years time,-IMPROVE this,dont think its high on their agenda

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.