Wiki Posts
Search

Turkish office will not pay dbc ! ! !

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2015, 9:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K , AK, DL, TG
Turkish office will not pay dbc ! ! !

I was bumped from a IST-MCT flight JAN 2, given a voucher for it and told I could cash it in Muscat - TK's office here has had it for almost 3 weeks and will not pay me, will not have anyone call me, will not tell me what the problem is, will not tell me WHY there is a problem . . . .
is this a 'normal' thing, does it take an airline weeks to pay a voucher that is, as I was told, 'same as cash'
Old Jan 22, 2015, 4:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Search around the forum and you'll see plenty of posts about how TK works - when things are fine, it's great, when there is anything wrong, then you are SOL.

What I think you should do:

1. Go here and fill in an online feedback form;

2. You'll get a auto-reply with a reference #;

3. Star that email, keep that number handy;

4. Wait a week, if there is no respond - call the call center with the free phone number, then told them that you left a feedback #, they will ask you for the number, and you'll be directed to customer relations.

5. Don't expect that 1 call will solve all the problem, if it does - you should buy a lottery ticket.
Old Jan 23, 2015, 11:44 am

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
I have not heard of people getting bumped and I'll keep that in mind. I avoid this route due to aircraft and timing, I'd rather get to DXB first and get on TK flight (always widebodies) so I can have full night of sleep before coming to IST.

Seriously, IST-MCT is way underserved and TK has monopoly here. WY should send their own metals, rather than codesharing with TK, just 3 weekly flights arriving and leaving out of IST during the middle of the day even with 737 will help. Perhaps re-allocate planes from CAI route to IST on certain days, where IST can not be any worse than CAI (both yields and load factors).

Yes I have been griping about the recent changes in J on WY A330, but for any market, 2 options is always > 1 option.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.