Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 31, 2014, 6:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: flolee
Update March 2015: Recent reports indicate the unofficial status match programme is running reasonably smoothly.

TK will only match Star Alliance Gold, Skyteam Elite Plus and Oneworld Emerald members. Other, more exotic, gold card holders are out of luck. Please report your experience in this thread.

It appears that status matches are only granted once per lifetime, so think carefully before requesting if you might not re-qualify.

Please note that the only way to contact TK is now via the website

2/6/2015 new info from TK
We have received your message that you sent to our unit on 20 January 2015. Please be informed that when you claim your first flight with Turkish Airlines or other Star Alliance members to your Miles&Smiles account, your card will be sent to your address automatically.

On the otherhand, we would like to remind you that you can also get your original Miles&Smiles Card from Card Press Desk at Ataturk Airport International Terminal between 07.30 A.M and 09.45 PM. The location of Card Press desk is between A and B Check-in counters.

4/7/2015
Adding this Step-by-Step guide with screenshots to TK Status Match
http://dcta.boardingarea.com/2015/02...-status-match/

26/7/2015 - Jerry
TK asks for Elite card scan AND Account activity within last 2 months, so it's best if you have some activities!!
Timeline can range from few hours to few days, be patient!

21/9/2015 - Neil791
For those reporting successful matches, can you please post your results as follows so others can estimate their wait times, success rates

02/11/2015 - flolee
It looks like TK might also ask you for a scan of your Passport now. So if you are in a hurry better submit it right away in the first place with all the other documents.

Date Requested
Current Airline and Status (i.e. AB TopBonus, AA Plat, etc)
Information submitted (i.e. physical card scan, activity statement, etc)
Any replies received other than confirmation
Date Confirmation Received
Print Wikipost

TK status match (2015)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2014, 6:17 pm
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
TK status match (2015)

FAQ 7: TK status match (2015)

TK does operate a discretionary status match programme. The rules are not published and and there is no right to a status match.

The status match is a recent development and consistency does not always seem to be the case. If you are gold/platinum/emerald or have any other shiny elite card it is worth trying.

Unusually for a *A carrier TK seem to be matching other Star Alliance Golds and not just Oneworld or Sky Team elites.

They are not matching to mid level i.e. classic plus (Star Alliance Silver) or non alliance carriers (such as Emirates, Etihad etc.).

How to match:

Send an webmail requesting a match and include a PDF of your latest account statement and a picture of your card.

Note that the process can take anything from one to more than four weeks (or much longer).

In some cases patience will be rewarded but you may need to remind them if you have not heard in 4 weeks. Call centre staff know nothing about the status match so no point in calling.

Card dispatch:

There are conflicting experiences about the dispatch of the card pack. Some FTs have been told that the card will only be sent out once your credit some miles (any miles) to your Miles & Smiles account. Others received it without.

If you have been matched but not yet received the card and happen to pass through IST you can pick up the card at the M&S helpdesk in IST. (see this post for a slightly blurry pic of the card booth)

Please post successful/unsuccessful status matches below. Last year's thread might give you an idea how the status match works as well: FAQ 7: TK status match (2014)
Old Jan 2, 2015, 7:29 am

Programs: BA Gold
I have recently had success with the status match, however it took many emails back and forth (via website) and required taking a photo of my holding my current OWE card.
Old Jan 2, 2015, 5:43 pm

Programs: AC*S, AS, CX, Marriott Platinum, Nexus, Specialized AWOL Touring Bicycle
Originally Posted by want2goeverywhere
I have recently had success with the status match, however it took many emails back and forth (via website) and required taking a photo of my holding my current OWE card.
Did TK require recent flight activity/account statement from you? Thanks!
Old Jan 4, 2015, 8:40 pm

Programs: VN SkyTeam Platinum/Elite Plus; TK M&S *G; CX OW
Successful status match within 24 hours

I followed the instructions at the top of this thread and within 24 hours received an email from TK confirming my status match, with M&S Elite/*G status valid until Dec 2016. The Elite/*G status is also shown when I login to the M&S website. I have not yet received a physical card but will pass through IST in early Feb so will seek out the M&S booth then if no card has arrived in the mail by then.

To get the match I sent TK: i) a scanned copy of my current Skyteam ElitePlus membership card; ii) a PDF showing my last 6 months of Skyteam flight activity; iii) a covering message saying I will fly to Turkey several times in 2015 (which fortunately is true) and will fly TK if they match status.

I hope others also find it plain sailing...

Last edited by Hanoian; Jan 4, 2015 at 9:08 pm
Old Jan 5, 2015, 8:31 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IC Plat, SPG Gold
+1

Followed the directions in wiki and sent a message via online form on Friday night with copy of my OW Emerald card in JPEG format, last two months of activity statements in PDF format and my plans for upcoming travel on TK. Approval message granting elite status was in my email this morning when I woke up. That was very fast.

Now I need to figure out on how to get a physical card since I won't be in IST for until March.
Old Jan 5, 2015, 9:49 pm

I did the same and have already received my physical card through the post to Japan. Received card within a week of receiving match.
Old Jan 5, 2015, 10:40 pm

I have *G membership with A3.

Now I am currently waiting for reply after submitting the request in early December. I selected Miles&Smiles Programme >> Other >> Request for the form.
Old Jan 6, 2015, 6:08 am

Programs: TK Elite *A Gold, Air Berlin Gold - One World Sapphire, Westjet Gold, Avis Preferred, IHG Gold
Just sent my request in now, will update you when I hear back. I am going from an AC Elite 50K.
Old Jan 6, 2015, 11:40 am

Programs: AA EXP, BAEC Gold, *Gold, Skyteam E+
Received match as OW Emerald

Initially emailed in September and hadn't heard from them despite a follow up email. Finally received status match a few days ago. I had submitted pics of physical card, most recent account statement and brief description of my travel plans for 2014 and 2015. Valid thru Dec 2016.
Old Jan 6, 2015, 1:35 pm

Programs: oneworld, * Alliance, Marriott Bonvoy, HHonors, WoH
My friend received status upgrade confirmation email yesterday,requested in the end of September.Card will be sent after the first flight.
Old Jan 7, 2015, 6:44 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by jplus
Did TK require recent flight activity/account statement from you? Thanks!
Yes, they did. I did a pdf print from my BAEC online account. Screenshots don't work for them.
Old Jan 8, 2015, 3:39 am

Programs: TK Elite *A Gold, Air Berlin Gold - One World Sapphire, Westjet Gold, Avis Preferred, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by aglp2k
+1

Followed the directions in wiki and sent a message via online form on Friday night with copy of my OW Emerald card in JPEG format, last two months of activity statements in PDF format and my plans for upcoming travel on TK. Approval message granting elite status was in my email this morning when I woke up. That was very fast.

Now I need to figure out on how to get a physical card since I won't be in IST for until March.
ALGP2K: Can you tell us if you remember just what options you selected on the web form when you submitted? i.e. Miles&Smiles Programme >> Other >> Request for the form. Just want to make sur my submission is in the right queue too.

Cheers,

ZT
Old Jan 8, 2015, 3:54 am

Programs: TK M&S Elite+ - Marriott Rewards Gold - Hertz 5 Stars
I selected:

M&S Program => Request => Membership processing

attaching picture of my SEN card and pdf of my LH statement
Old Jan 8, 2015, 7:16 pm

Programs: TK*S, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Jaenks
My friend received status upgrade confirmation email yesterday,requested in the end of September.Card will be sent after the first flight.
They told me the same thing - that I'd only get my card after crediting my first flight.

Haven't credited a flight yet, but received a package from TK in the mail yesterday. Was a card and luggage tags.
Old Jan 8, 2015, 10:00 pm

I requested status match based on Asiana Diamond submitting card scan and last one year activity on Jan 3. Got upgraded to Elite status within hours.

Not sure about how to get the physical card. I will try to find out more by calling local Turkish Airlines office.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.