Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 31, 2014, 6:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: flolee
Update March 2015: Recent reports indicate the unofficial status match programme is running reasonably smoothly.

TK will only match Star Alliance Gold, Skyteam Elite Plus and Oneworld Emerald members. Other, more exotic, gold card holders are out of luck. Please report your experience in this thread.

It appears that status matches are only granted once per lifetime, so think carefully before requesting if you might not re-qualify.

Please note that the only way to contact TK is now via the website

2/6/2015 new info from TK
We have received your message that you sent to our unit on 20 January 2015. Please be informed that when you claim your first flight with Turkish Airlines or other Star Alliance members to your Miles&Smiles account, your card will be sent to your address automatically.

On the otherhand, we would like to remind you that you can also get your original Miles&Smiles Card from Card Press Desk at Ataturk Airport International Terminal between 07.30 A.M and 09.45 PM. The location of Card Press desk is between A and B Check-in counters.

4/7/2015
Adding this Step-by-Step guide with screenshots to TK Status Match
http://dcta.boardingarea.com/2015/02...-status-match/

26/7/2015 - Jerry
TK asks for Elite card scan AND Account activity within last 2 months, so it's best if you have some activities!!
Timeline can range from few hours to few days, be patient!

21/9/2015 - Neil791
For those reporting successful matches, can you please post your results as follows so others can estimate their wait times, success rates

02/11/2015 - flolee
It looks like TK might also ask you for a scan of your Passport now. So if you are in a hurry better submit it right away in the first place with all the other documents.

Date Requested
Current Airline and Status (i.e. AB TopBonus, AA Plat, etc)
Information submitted (i.e. physical card scan, activity statement, etc)
Any replies received other than confirmation
Date Confirmation Received
Print Wikipost

TK status match (2015)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2015, 12:31 pm

I'm having some issues here getting stuck in a loop with customer service. I've submitted my card and statement three times now, but they always write back to say that the need the card and statement to evaluate my request.

To be clear, I have sent them each time a front and back scan of my plastic United MileagePlus Gold Card and a print out of my recent activity on United.com showing recent transactions. (For some reason, I have not generated a MileagePlus "Statement" in over a year...)

I've tried this as a single PDF, and as two separate PDFs, but still no luck.

Any ideas?
Old Oct 9, 2015, 12:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by crimsonAA
I'm having some issues here getting stuck in a loop with customer service. I've submitted my card and statement three times now, but they always write back to say that the need the card and statement to evaluate my request.
To be clear, I have sent them each time a front and back scan of my plastic United MileagePlus Gold Card and a print out of my recent activity on United.com showing recent transactions. (For some reason, I have not generated a MileagePlus "Statement" in over a year...)
Any ideas?
Same problem here. I just gave up and went to Copa, who status matched me with *G in 3 days.
Old Oct 9, 2015, 2:00 pm
aw

Programs: TK Miles & Smiles, CM ConnectMiles, AA Advantage
I just became EXP with AA and sent a request with account summary explaining that I did not have my card yet. Received a reply asking me to submit a copy of my card front and back to complete the process. What part of "did not have my card yet" did they not understand?

I then decided to call COPA and the agent was a delight to deal with. He was professional, spoke perfect English and confirmed that my email request was already received and they are in the process of evaluating my status match. I'm crossing my fingers but it sure looks like CM would be a good carrier to get status with.
Old Oct 9, 2015, 3:44 pm

Originally Posted by Jetstreamer
Matched AB Gold > TK Elite today. Took 10 days from sending the request. Got the usual classic plus email but status showing as Elite/*G online
Thanks for the report! I thought TK only match Oneworld Emerald previously. This is good to know!
Old Oct 11, 2015, 7:42 pm

Programs: AY+Plat
Oct 9, 15 4:54 am by lento

I got matched yesterday for the request I sent in March this year. I have upcoming LH flight next week, how long does it take for TK status to be recognized in partner airline's system ?

Originally Posted by pencereamelesi
Immediately.

You can verify on A3 site with a dummy booking at payment page.
I just did online check in and BP shows TK*P, so it seems it did not recognize gold, any tricks ?
Old Oct 12, 2015, 3:15 am

Programs: BA Gold, TP Silver
Originally Posted by lento
Oct 9, 15 4:54 am by lento

I got matched yesterday for the request I sent in March this year. I have upcoming LH flight next week, how long does it take for TK status to be recognized in partner airline's system ?

I just did online check in and BP shows TK*P, so it seems it did not recognize gold, any tricks ?
If you had the TK# in the reservation, the BP might use cached info on your status. You might want to ask the checkin/gate agent to remove the ff# and add it again. This has sometimes worked.
Old Oct 12, 2015, 5:05 am

Programs: AY+Plat
Originally Posted by duvin
If you had the TK# in the reservation, the BP might use cached info on your status. You might want to ask the checkin/gate agent to remove the ff# and add it again. This has sometimes worked.
I had put the number after my status was approved as Elite. Anyway, I tried removing the number and adding again in the reservation using LH manage booking but it did not solve the problem. I will try with the gate agent.
Old Oct 12, 2015, 5:56 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by loyaltypointschaser
Thanks for the report! I thought TK only match Oneworld Emerald previously. This is good to know!
Indeed, i only heard that after I applied so was pretty annoyed with myself for using my AB status rather than A3, but I have much more activity with AB which is why I chose. Perhaps the activity convinced them to match me.
Old Oct 12, 2015, 10:04 am

Originally Posted by crimsonAA

Any ideas?
Same here, I think that their PDF upload functionality is broken on the website. It's a pain dealing with them since you can't talk to them on the phone and they refuse to even open Dropbox links!
Old Oct 14, 2015, 12:47 pm

Programs: BA Gold, *A Gold, IHG Platinum
Sent off an email to them around 10 days ago to match my BA Gold status, and as yet heard nothing. Think I'll send a follow up over the weekend...
Old Oct 15, 2015, 8:34 am

Status match for my wife (A3*G with recent activity) requested via web form on Sunday afternoon submitting statement and card copy. Response received via email on Thursday afternoon with the Classic Plus message, but website shows Elite as expected. Total time from submission to receipt was slightly more than 4 days.
Old Oct 15, 2015, 9:53 am

Programs: UA MM
I'm sorry if this is an answered question. I've scanned several pages of the thread and can't find an answer.

Will TK status match to its Elite Plus level?

I am UA Plat and can show a statement with 75k miles YTD, including 8 TK segments this year (6 long haul). Will be over 80k by the end of the year.

Or will they match me over as Elite rather than Elite Plus?

Thanks!

Last edited by perezoso; Oct 15, 2015 at 10:04 am
Old Oct 15, 2015, 11:25 am

Programs: TK *G Elite, AZ Gold.
Originally Posted by perezoso
I'm sorry if this is an answered question. I've scanned several pages of the thread and can't find an answer.

Will TK status match to its Elite Plus level?

I am UA Plat and can show a statement with 75k miles YTD, including 8 TK segments this year (6 long haul). Will be over 80k by the end of the year.

Or will they match me over as Elite rather than Elite Plus?

Thanks!
AFAIK they only match to Elite.
Old Oct 15, 2015, 4:29 pm

Programs: American Express Membership Rewards, Marriott Rewards Platinum
How long after a successful status match will partner airlines see *G status? Any experience?
Old Oct 16, 2015, 8:58 am

Should be p. much immediately. You can create a dummy booking on Aegan website (I think it requires to be A3-metal only) and it will show your status (if you have it) on the last step.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.