Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 31, 2014, 6:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: flolee
Update March 2015: Recent reports indicate the unofficial status match programme is running reasonably smoothly.

TK will only match Star Alliance Gold, Skyteam Elite Plus and Oneworld Emerald members. Other, more exotic, gold card holders are out of luck. Please report your experience in this thread.

It appears that status matches are only granted once per lifetime, so think carefully before requesting if you might not re-qualify.

Please note that the only way to contact TK is now via the website

2/6/2015 new info from TK
We have received your message that you sent to our unit on 20 January 2015. Please be informed that when you claim your first flight with Turkish Airlines or other Star Alliance members to your Miles&Smiles account, your card will be sent to your address automatically.

On the otherhand, we would like to remind you that you can also get your original Miles&Smiles Card from Card Press Desk at Ataturk Airport International Terminal between 07.30 A.M and 09.45 PM. The location of Card Press desk is between A and B Check-in counters.

4/7/2015
Adding this Step-by-Step guide with screenshots to TK Status Match
http://dcta.boardingarea.com/2015/02...-status-match/

26/7/2015 - Jerry
TK asks for Elite card scan AND Account activity within last 2 months, so it's best if you have some activities!!
Timeline can range from few hours to few days, be patient!

21/9/2015 - Neil791
For those reporting successful matches, can you please post your results as follows so others can estimate their wait times, success rates

02/11/2015 - flolee
It looks like TK might also ask you for a scan of your Passport now. So if you are in a hurry better submit it right away in the first place with all the other documents.

Date Requested
Current Airline and Status (i.e. AB TopBonus, AA Plat, etc)
Information submitted (i.e. physical card scan, activity statement, etc)
Any replies received other than confirmation
Date Confirmation Received
Print Wikipost

TK status match (2015)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2015, 2:17 pm

Programs: UA Silver / FA
Originally Posted by vishalgupta22
I got my card using lost card functionality with NO activity. I am based in Boston.
Same here. They even emailed me and said "you will receive your packet after crediting a flight".. then 2 weeks later, I received just a card in an envelope. I'm fine without all the other stuff!!

Just used it on my first domestic trip this year to get lounge access...

Showed BP & TK card, no questions asked.
Old Apr 1, 2015, 2:15 pm

Hi All, how much does having activity from your current FFP matter for the status match to M&S? I just status matched from Southwest Companion Pass (lots of activity) to Alaska MVP 75K (no activity) to Air Berlin (no activity). If I use my Air Berlin to status match to Turkish M&S and email them a statement with no activity are they likely to deny me or is that step there to verify that I am not just photoshopping my FFP elite status?
Old Apr 2, 2015, 1:45 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Platinum, SQ Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by travellingpinoy
Hi All, how much does having activity from your current FFP matter for the status match to M&S? I just status matched from Southwest Companion Pass (lots of activity) to Alaska MVP 75K (no activity) to Air Berlin (no activity). If I use my Air Berlin to status match to Turkish M&S and email them a statement with no activity are they likely to deny me or is that step there to verify that I am not just photoshopping my FFP elite status?
I would say, it doesn't hurt to try.

There are NO published rules. The only known criteria is they only match top tier in a alliance.

The program seems to be running fairly smoothly this year and we have not seen many excessive delays or declines so far.

Good luck !
Old Apr 3, 2015, 11:13 am

Thanks, Vishal! My fingers and toes are crossed!

I would say, it doesn't hurt to try.

There are NO published rules. The only known criteria is they only match top tier in a alliance.

The program seems to be running fairly smoothly this year and we have not seen many excessive delays or declines so far.

Good luck !
Old Apr 5, 2015, 3:49 pm

Programs: TK *G Elite, AZ Gold.
Hi,
This is my first visit to ft, I would be very interested to hear your outcome travellingpinoy
as I am in the same situation.
Old Apr 5, 2015, 8:01 pm

Sure thing. I'll let you know! At this point, I am still waiting to get my physical Air Berlin Gold card since Turkish seems to be adamant about getting a picture of your actual card. I'll send Turkish the match request as soon as I get it. *cross finger and toes*

Originally Posted by jimat3c
Hi,
This is my first visit to ft, I would be very interested to hear your outcome travellingpinoy
as I am in the same situation.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 4:13 pm

travellingpinoy, hi just a question are you going to use your air berlin card?
Old Apr 7, 2015, 4:16 pm

update, sorry stupid question you have already stated.
Old Apr 10, 2015, 8:45 am

Hmm, my A3 *G match request on April 7th (3 days ago) is still not replied on (some say 48 hours)
I'll give it a week and re-try next week
Old Apr 11, 2015, 11:40 am

Originally Posted by jerryhung
Hmm, my A3 *G match request on April 7th (3 days ago) is still not replied on (some say 48 hours)
I'll give it a week and re-try next week
1 week is normal for them. Send a reminder next week and you should be OK.
Good Luck
Old Apr 12, 2015, 4:27 am

I am personally not seeing the logic of TK choosing to match other Star Golds, which will often be the middle tier as well as the top tier, while also refusing to match Sapphires (which should theoretically be more of a "competitor" to try to poach than other Star Golds who are already presumably flying Star).

But as everyone knows, they work in their own strange ways...
Old Apr 13, 2015, 12:39 am

Originally Posted by stargold
I am personally not seeing the logic of TK choosing to match other Star Golds, which will often be the middle tier as well as the top tier, while also refusing to match Sapphires (which should theoretically be more of a "competitor" to try to poach than other Star Golds who are already presumably flying Star).

But as everyone knows, they work in their own strange ways...
TK only matches if the current status is equivalent of *G / OWE / Sky team E+

Middle tiers which are Gold in their FF program but *S / OWS are rejected.
Old Apr 13, 2015, 12:46 am

TK only matches if the current status is equivalent of *G / OWE / Sky team E+

Middle tiers which are Gold in their FF program but *S / OWS are rejected.
As you can see from my post, I am very aware of the policy.

I'm just saying it doesn't really make sense, given that OW*S is basically equal to *G, and it makes more sense to try to poach from a competing alliance than your own alliance.
Old Apr 13, 2015, 5:31 am

Programs: TK Elite *A Gold, Air Berlin Gold - One World Sapphire, Westjet Gold, Avis Preferred, IHG Gold
Talking

Originally Posted by stargold
As you can see from my post, I am very aware of the policy.

I'm just saying it doesn't really make sense, given that OW*S is basically equal to *G, and it makes more sense to try to poach from a competing alliance than your own alliance.
It makes perfect sense, they are getting my business! While AC has gutted their program, M&S works for me and I can renew. Sorted.

ZT
Old Apr 13, 2015, 7:46 am

Strange

4/7 submitted A3 Gold card + statement (all from 2014 though, no 2015 activities)

4/13
Got the "upgraded" email at 7:43 am
We are happy to inform you that your card has been upgraded to Classic Plus which is an award of preferring Turkish Airlines for your flights.

You can benefit from more advantages in Miles&Smiles Programme now, with your new Classic Plus Card.
but then followed by this at 8:18 am
We have received your e-mail message dated April 8th, 2015.

In order to evaluate your request about Gold membership status match, we would like you to send the copy of your membership statement which shows the last two months of your flights by using the link below;
I did check - my account was actually upgraded AND then DOWNGRADED? funny
DATE FLIGHT CLASS ACTIVITY DESCRIPTION BONUS
MILES STATUS
MILES
13/04/2015 CARD UPGRADE(STATÜ EŞLEŞTIRME) 0 0
13/04/2015 CARD DOWNGRADE(SISTEM HATASI) 0 0
So what should I submit now? I don't have any "paid" *A flights in the last 2 months to show, I have Delta flights or Aeroplan-reward flights though....

I thought they didn't care about recent statements???

or should I just re-submit the whole thing again (card scan + statement PDF) and hope this time a different agent is less picky?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.