TK status match (2015)

Subscribe
Quote: Strange

4/7 submitted A3 Gold card + statement (all from 2014 though, no 2015 activities)

4/13
Got the "upgraded" email at 7:43 am

but then followed by this at 8:18 am

I did check - my account was actually upgraded AND then DOWNGRADED? funny

So what should I submit now? I don't have any "paid" *A flights in the last 2 months to show, I have Delta flights or Aeroplan-reward flights though....

I thought they didn't care about recent statements???

or should I just re-submit the whole thing again (card scan + statement PDF) and hope this time a different agent is less picky?
At this point, the only option is to resubmit everything. Worst case can't be any worse than what you already have (no status with TK).
Quote: As you can see from my post, I am very aware of the policy.

I'm just saying it doesn't really make sense, given that OW*S is basically equal to *G, and it makes more sense to try to poach from a competing alliance than your own alliance.
I understand your point about OWS & *G being similar to some extent.

This is what I think is happening. Someone is exec team came up with "Let's try to attract some of the highest spending members from other airlines to use our FF program. If we need to status match them, let's do it."

In "literal" translation, top tier members translate to most spending members.

I am not very familiar with *A (except united) so don't know if it's trivial to get *G but I know that getting OWS (especially BA) is quite easy for a lot of travelers.
Quote: I am not very familiar with *A (except united) so don't know if it's trivial to get *G but I know that getting OWS (especially BA) is quite easy for a lot of travelers.
*G is quite easy to get on several airlines. Everybody already knows about A3, but OZ will give you *G with 40K/2 years and even TK is easy enough with 40K/year and only 25K/year afterwards to renew. UA also gives lifetime *G to 1MM which beats the lifetime ST E/OW R from DL and AA respectively.
Quote: At this point, the only option is to resubmit everything. Worst case can't be any worse than what you already have (no status with TK).
Attempt #2 (reply to #1 with some explanation/polite request since I didn't have *A flights in the last 2 months) led to same reply

Quote:
We have received your message that you sent to our unit on April 13th, 2015. In order to evaluate your request about Gold membership status match, we would like you to send the copy of your original Gold membership card statement which
shows the last two months of your flights by using the link below;
Am I just unfortunate?
I can't be the only one here submitting A3 Gold without a flight credited to A3 in last 2 months?
I sent my Alaska statement (with DL flights on there)

Worst case, I'll credit my TK flights in May to A3 or TK and show them that instead. Was hoping to get TK Gold before my trip to IST, but looks like they don't want me
They must know that *G with A3 doesn't mean much....
Just received a similar reply -

We have received your message that you sent to our unit on April 6th, 2015. In order to evaluate your request about Gold membership status match, we would like you to send the copy of your membership statement which shows the last two months of your flights by using the link below;

Unfortunately I've got nothing with A3 the last 2 months with all of my activity being last year. I might try my Airberlin Topbonus Gold card when it arrives otherwise I'll have to wait for some work travel before I try again.
For what it's worth, I submitted my match request last November, with my last flight A3 activity occurring more than three months prior and the match went through just fine YMMV though, and I also sent them my DL credentials so it is possible they matched that instead.
Greetings everyone, I sent today the request via email from a FB GOLD at aprox 13:30 and by 20:00 the same day got the confirmation of my new *A GOLD (Elite TK).
Inconsistency is frustrating

Anyway, I've booked 2 TK domestic flights crediting to A3 in May

I'll retry my status match again after those 2 flights (2 TK flights in my last 2 months on A3), not sure how instantly valuable that makes me....
Honestly, I am glad it has finally happened. It's about time TK stopped giving matches to all the bottom-feeding A3 refugees flooding into TK M&S.
Quote: Honestly, I am glad it has finally happened. It's about time TK stopped giving matches to all the bottom-feeding A3 refugees flooding into TK M&S.
Did you get your match in already then? ha ha

I'm sure there are many A3 *G that are regular flyers, but anyway, I'd be okay if they have a rule requiring XXX level of activity in the last 2 months (e.g. 10 segments), but if not, then it's YMMV for everyone
Asked for a status match yesterday (sent my FB Platinum & CX Diamond account screen captures & cards). Received an email today informing me I was status matched to Classic Plus. Checked my online account and saw I was actually granted Elite status.
Quote: Did you get your match in already then? ha ha

I'm sure there are many A3 *G that are regular flyers, but anyway, I'd be okay if they have a rule requiring XXX level of activity in the last 2 months (e.g. 10 segments), but if not, then it's YMMV for everyone
It's probably in TK's best interest to crack down on the A3 refugees, lest they become the new A3.

Granted, TK status isn't that hard to come by anyways. 40K/year for 2 years of *G is pretty low to begin with, and the 25K/year to renew is crazy. I wouldn't be surprised if TK decides to increase the requalification threshold to ~40K/year or so for non-Turkey residents.
Quote: It's probably in TK's best interest to crack down on the A3 refugees, lest they become the new A3.

Granted, TK status isn't that hard to come by anyways. 40K/year for 2 years of *G is pretty low to begin with, and the 25K/year to renew is crazy. I wouldn't be surprised if TK decides to increase the requalification threshold to ~40K/year or so for non-Turkey residents.
25K a year, even now with discount fares earning 25% to 50%, is still easy. I would also like to see TK adding metal requirements to upgrading/renewing the statuses as well.

Let's see how long TK will keep status matching before the lounge gets absolutely jammed on both floors. For the same reason I have stopped giving out advice on which Star Alliance FFP to switch to/join, as soon as those leeches and poachers find out they'll ruin another easy/lenient FFP.
Quote: 25K a year, even now with discount fares earning 25% to 50%, is still easy. I would also like to see TK adding metal requirements to upgrading/renewing the statuses as well.

Let's see how long TK will keep status matching before the lounge gets absolutely jammed on both floors. For the same reason I have stopped giving out advice on which Star Alliance FFP to switch to/join, as soon as those leeches and poachers find out they'll ruin another easy/lenient FFP.
With discount UA Y fares only netting 25% to 50%, those flyers will have to fly ~50K-100K BIS miles to qualify at 25K. It honestly might be better off for UA-heavy flyers (e.g. most US based A3/TK *G) to just go for UA status or find a different FFP more generous to those bargain basement fares.

I'll be happy with M&S as long as SQ continues to accrue 100% on mid-level Y fares. If that day ever comes, you'll find me jumping ship to OZ...although I may end up doing so anyways seeing as how they seem to give 100% miles on their own flights regardless of fare.