Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 31, 2014, 6:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: flolee
Update March 2015: Recent reports indicate the unofficial status match programme is running reasonably smoothly.

TK will only match Star Alliance Gold, Skyteam Elite Plus and Oneworld Emerald members. Other, more exotic, gold card holders are out of luck. Please report your experience in this thread.

It appears that status matches are only granted once per lifetime, so think carefully before requesting if you might not re-qualify.

Please note that the only way to contact TK is now via the website

2/6/2015 new info from TK
We have received your message that you sent to our unit on 20 January 2015. Please be informed that when you claim your first flight with Turkish Airlines or other Star Alliance members to your Miles&Smiles account, your card will be sent to your address automatically.

On the otherhand, we would like to remind you that you can also get your original Miles&Smiles Card from Card Press Desk at Ataturk Airport International Terminal between 07.30 A.M and 09.45 PM. The location of Card Press desk is between A and B Check-in counters.

4/7/2015
Adding this Step-by-Step guide with screenshots to TK Status Match
http://dcta.boardingarea.com/2015/02...-status-match/

26/7/2015 - Jerry
TK asks for Elite card scan AND Account activity within last 2 months, so it's best if you have some activities!!
Timeline can range from few hours to few days, be patient!

21/9/2015 - Neil791
For those reporting successful matches, can you please post your results as follows so others can estimate their wait times, success rates

02/11/2015 - flolee
It looks like TK might also ask you for a scan of your Passport now. So if you are in a hurry better submit it right away in the first place with all the other documents.

Date Requested
Current Airline and Status (i.e. AB TopBonus, AA Plat, etc)
Information submitted (i.e. physical card scan, activity statement, etc)
Any replies received other than confirmation
Date Confirmation Received
Print Wikipost

TK status match (2015)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2015, 8:24 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Platinum, SQ Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by lsi
Quite, so I'm not holding my breath. Did get the impression from the thread that it's not 100% consistent though, so thought it was worth having a go.
Agreed !

Keep us posted.
Old Mar 17, 2015, 3:23 pm

Programs: TK*G
Originally Posted by gnaget
I got notification of my third shipment from TK. This time to my US PO Box, which was my original address when I signed up. I subsequently changed to a Swedish address where I received two "lost card" deliveries.

I have not collected it yet but it is described as a "package" so maybe more than a card.

Earlier speculations about not receiving anything a) in the US and b) if you have not credited to TK were clearly incorrect.
Lost card function absolutely works for US members. I now have gotten two TK replacement cards, with possibly more on the way if they send me one for each time I clicked the link.

No replacement luggage tag however, although I may as well just punch a hole in one of the cards if I really needed more bag clutter.
Old Mar 19, 2015, 9:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
What happens is that they put all the information from the Address box on one line, so be careful about putting too much here. They seem to ignore the Postal code box so put the post code in the Address box. (You can see this on the bottom of the Lost Card webpage.)

Then there is a space where District would be used for a Turkish address, followed by the city in larger font, followed by country in even larger font.

So a US address of 123 Elm St, Cambridge MA 02138, USA where you are forced to enter a city from the dropdown (e.g. Boston) would look like this on the envelope:

123 Elm St. Cambridge MA 02138

Boston
USA
Well crud - I have a very long street name plus a unit number. Hopefully it all fits.

Submitted a request via webform today including card photo and online statement from Delta. Will report back as it progresses.
Old Mar 19, 2015, 2:26 pm

Programs: UA *G MM
Originally Posted by gooselee
Well crud - I have a very long street name plus a unit number. Hopefully it all fits.

Submitted a request via webform today including card photo and online statement from Delta. Will report back as it progresses.
I wouldn't worry about it. I received the original welcome pack sent to my US address. It took about 5-6 weeks whereas the lost card requests to Sweden took about 10 days. So now I have 3 copies of the Elite card.....
Old Mar 19, 2015, 2:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
I wouldn't worry about it. I received the original welcome pack sent to my US address. It took about 5-6 weeks whereas the lost card requests to Sweden took about 10 days. So now I have 3 copies of the Elite card.....
Good to know. Fingers crossed!

If *A is anything like SkyTeam, your status doesn't mean squat unless you're carrying the piece of plastic to prove it.
Old Mar 19, 2015, 4:48 pm

Good to know. Fingers crossed!

If *A is anything like SkyTeam, your status doesn't mean squat unless you're carrying the piece of plastic to prove it.
Not currently. Airlines like ANA, SK, UA, Brussels and also TK do not demand your card if they scan your boarding pass and it shows *G, i.e. it's in the system. (Although with ANA, I have always been in business and they don't have a special class of *G lounge like LH and SK.) The pain was always Lufthansa in Germany but they relented around 2011-12, although they started demanding the card again last fall in FRA for some reason. Just to test them I refused; giving them the number verbally sufficed. In the old days they strictly demanded the card, but I think it was part of a scheme when their lounges were very crowded. They became more lenient when the new (and vastly improved) lounges opened in FRA around 2011-12.

I also got into a United lounge without the TK *G card (my United *G status does not get me in on domestic travel). I gave them the number verbally. I tried first with the TK app but it does not show *G anywhere. Shows a lot of gold and states Elite status with a small image of the Elite card.
Old Mar 20, 2015, 6:52 am

Programs: TK Elite
Thumbs up

Matched January 6th, recieved card (Brazil) March 20th, two months waiting.

Welcome kit contains:
- welcome letter
- member card
- luggage tag
- certificate, saying TK has planted a sapling (tree) behalf you

Old Mar 20, 2015, 7:40 am

This is what I received recently. Match on Feb 1 and received in the US around March 7.

Originally Posted by stevespam
Matched January 6th, recieved card (Brazil) March 20th, two months waiting.

Welcome kit contains:
- welcome letter
- member card
- luggage tag
- certificate, saying TK has planted a sapling (tree) behalf you

Old Mar 23, 2015, 8:53 am

Programs: TK G,UA *S
Submitted my A3 Gold status on March 1st.
Heard back from them around one week later asking for activity statement. Sent instead UA activity and gold status and got matched finally on March 22nd.

First year period until April 3rd 2016. This is the last day to get the 25k for requalification in the first year?

Thanks
Old Mar 24, 2015, 9:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Update:
18 MAR - Registered for Miles & Smiles
19 MAR - Submitted status match using DL Platinum credentials/statement
24 MAR - Received email staying matched to Classic Plus. Website shows Elite valid through March 2017.

Do I need to do the "Lost Card" link or will they just go ahead and send the card packet? I know it can take a few weeks and status will be reflected on PNRs, but I always feel more comfortable having the physical card for int'l travel, of which I have a bit this summer.
Old Mar 24, 2015, 9:33 am

It took 5-6 weeks to reach the US. The lost card was a lot faster but I had changed my address to Sweden for those shipments, so it is not an apples to apples comparison.

Update:
24 MAR - Received email staying matched to Classic Plus. Website shows Elite valid through March 2017.

Do I need to do the "Lost Card" link or will they just go ahead and send the card packet? I know it can take a few weeks and status will be reflected on PNRs, but I always feel more comfortable having the physical card for int'l travel, of which I have a bit this summer.
Old Mar 24, 2015, 9:41 am

Programs: Aegean Airlines
Smile *Gold

Originally Posted by stats787
I have sent in my application on Feb 25 and am still waiting for a reply from THY. Hope they match my A3 Gold to their elite status.
I just received an email confirmation of upgrade to Elite on March 23, 2015 after submitting flight activities (as requested) on March 13, 2015.^
Old Mar 24, 2015, 9:45 am

Programs: TK Elite *A Gold, Air Berlin Gold - One World Sapphire, Westjet Gold, Avis Preferred, IHG Gold
Update:

Mixed reports if you do not have TK activity as to whether you'll get a card. I had previous TK activity so I received mine within 4 weeks in the UK (Picked up my first card at the M&S desk at IST on a trip TWO DAYS after status match). Was a close one!
Old Mar 24, 2015, 9:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by zontar2010
Mixed reports if you do not have TK activity as to whether you'll get a card. I had previous TK activity so I received mine within 4 weeks in the UK (Picked up my first card at the M&S desk at IST on a trip TWO DAYS after status match). Was a close one!
Yes, I've seen that. But the reports of people with no activity receiving cards makes me hopeful. Any *A flights I've taken in the past (including one or two TK flights, I think) were credited to UA. I do have some planned TK flights so perhaps that will help.

Also, the email I received seems to not match what was previously reported in the wiki:
You can benefit from more advantages in Miles&Smiles Programme now, with your new Classic Plus Card.

You will be able to use domestic CIP lounges, complete your check-in transactions at domestic business counters, benefit from extra baggage allowance . You can use your card number until you receive your card in order to make use of all advantages.
No indication that flights are required to receive the card - just that I should use my number until I receive a card. I realize this is very open to interpretation.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 12:50 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Platinum, SQ Gold, Marriott Titanium
I got my card using lost card functionality with NO activity. I am based in Boston.

Yes, I've seen that. But the reports of people with no activity receiving cards makes me hopeful. Any *A flights I've taken in the past (including one or two TK flights, I think) were credited to UA. I do have some planned TK flights so perhaps that will help.

Also, the email I received seems to not match what was previously reported in the wiki:

No indication that flights are required to receive the card - just that I should use my number until I receive a card. I realize this is very open to interpretation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.