Search

Inconsistent milage accrual

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2014, 4:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Turkish / Lufthansa
Inconsistent milage accrual

Dear All,

I am starting to get annoyed with the milage on TK flights. Important is that I have Elite status.

For example: I now flew TK, booking class T. Once I received miles +50% 1800, last time just stated miles (1200) and this time only 50% (600).

How can this be for the same darn flight? I have had similar things happen to other flights.

Is there another way to get in touch other than "feedback". At IST they don't seem to have any knowledge either.
Old Dec 11, 2014, 12:56 am

Programs: Delta Flyer
Originally Posted by Undutched
Dear All,

I am starting to get annoyed with the milage on TK flights. Important is that I have Elite status.

For example: I now flew TK, booking class T. Once I received miles +50% 1800, last time just stated miles (1200) and this time only 50% (600).

How can this be for the same darn flight? I have had similar things happen to other flights.

Is there another way to get in touch other than "feedback". At IST they don't seem to have any knowledge either.
I see you're Lufthansa flyer as well. Any chance your elite status is with Lufthansa?

Last edited by Bozzie4; Dec 11, 2014 at 12:57 am Reason: clarity
Old Dec 11, 2014, 1:16 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by Undutched
Dear All,

Welcome to FT Undutched ^

Earning rates at TK changed earlier this year. Could this maybe explain the difference? http://www.new-milesandsmiles.com/index_en.html
Old Dec 12, 2014, 9:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: Turkish / Lufthansa
Hi,

I have elite with Turkish and just silver with Lufthansa.
I fly the same flights most of the time, hence it becomes obvious that there are diffirent rates for same flights in same year. It is really annoying. I asked at the counter at the Lounge and they only said to check online. It really isn't any help with elite status only the lounge access is worth something.
Old Dec 14, 2014, 8:52 am

Programs: TK Elite, *A Gold
TK ran a promotion between certain German airports and IST where you could earn 50% extra miles.. This was back in Feb-March though and certainly before Miles and Smiles rules changed in June...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.