Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

No *G benefits if miles not accrued to *G card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No *G benefits if miles not accrued to *G card

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2014, 2:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold, DL Silver, Hertz PC, Avis Pref+, Accor Silver
Thumbs down No *G benefits if miles not accrued to *G card

Just checked in on TK, miles accrued to another (non-elite) card. Was refused any *G benefits unless miles accrued to TK (elite) card. Checked on phone and supervisor confirmed this.

Annoying, contravenes *A rules (and if I am not mistaken TK rules). I've seen some of this on UA as well.

If *A is going this route, then just make it clear and upfront - write up some new rules instead of making them up as you go along.

Last edited by dand99; Nov 20, 2014 at 2:58 pm
Old Nov 20, 2014, 3:28 pm

TK are notorious for their incompetence. This is definitely not a *A rule.
Old Nov 21, 2014, 1:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Bring this reference guide with you.

It states very clearly that your *A card gives you lounge access. If you don't bother fighting with your priority bags, just use your card to get into the lounge.
Old Nov 23, 2014, 1:59 am

Programs: UA PG, IHG Diamond Amb
I am *G on Turkish and *S on United.

I have never had trouble getting into a lounge when posting miles to United, however you always have to go to the desk and present M&S *G card.

When flying United, and posting to United, they will never give me extra baggage allowance, although they are happy to put the Priority tag on the checked bag.

When flying Turkish, and posting to United, I always use the VIP checkin counter, show the *G card, and they usually allow 2 bags and put the priority on them.
I haven't done this at IST. Just TLV and HKG.
Old Nov 28, 2014, 9:26 am
Suspended

Programs: *A G, OW S.
This may be a tit for tat move, LH are playing this game at the moment in a big way particularly where people have A3 gold cards but wanting to put miles in M&M where they have little or no status. TK M&S is also a vicitim of it so TK may have decided to join the game.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.